Blue Iris and CodeProject.AI ALPR

hopalong

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@hopalong In camera AI config UI, enable option for "Only for confirmed vehicles alerts"
Toggled it and will report back. Thanks.

Lots of cars have come through and still nothing in the AI Tab.

Could the greyed out Use GPU be causing issues? Not sure how to get it unchecked.

1678321787198.png

I also noticed that the YOLOv5 is doing the identification in the logs and not the ALPR:

1678322048043.png

One more thing I just noticed is the clips are tagged in the UI3 interface:

1678322227142.png

Last edited:

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So, I am able to see the license plate detection work when I play back videos with cars in them now! Woohooo... Onto getting the MQTT reporting going.

Anyone have any instructions on publishing a MQTT message with the plate number and confidence?

What is interesting to me is when I click the "use custom models", it is blank for me. I tried rebooting the AI and Blue Iris itself.

Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 3.42.46 PM.png

Reaction score
@MikeLud1 - I can confirm that the CPU version of ALPR works better than the GPU version for detecting plate numbers.

I have two BI computers running the exact same settings. In CPU mode, I get plate numbers. In GPU mode I rarely do. This seems strange because the processing should be the same.

Last edited:

AlphaBlueIris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@hopalong You need to hold down the Ctrl key and double-click on a thumbnail in the main alert window on the left. Did you try that?
Thank you, I was going to suggest the long way, from what I was learning, it was a length process, open the log, copy the dat file in the box, you saved me hours, thanks for the tips.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you, I was going to suggest the long way, from what I was learning, it was a length process, open the log, copy the dat file in the box, you saved me hours, thanks for the tips.

My AI is reporting "DayPlate" but not reporting any of the numbers. Get an error on that..

AlphaBlueIris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is funny you mentioned it, i occasionally I get a plate number but other times, dayplate 90% without the plate number associated with it. I think it works like magic....

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@MikeLud1 - I can confirm that the CPU version of ALPR works better than the GPU version for detecting plate numbers.

I have two BI computers running the exact same settings. In CPU mode, I get plate numbers. In GPU mode I rarely do. This seems strange because the processing should be the same.
That's interesting I am going to test and see if I am getting the same results. One question are you using main stream for both CPU and GPU.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@MikeLud1 Looks like 12.0 yet it was a fresh CUDA install by CPAI.

View attachment 156662
CP.AI does not install CUDA, you need to install CUDA first then CP.AI. IF CUDA is installed after CP.AI the correct Python modules will not be installed
Try running nvcc --version in a command prompt and see what version show then
1678677820116.png

Last edited:

WhyAydan

n3wb
Reaction score
@sp3ctre is

Hello,

Odd! When using the AI Explorer it just says no predictions when using a picture of a UK number plate.

Do I have to set up something different?

Aydan

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

Odd! When using the AI Explorer it just says no predictions when using a picture of a UK number plate.

Do I have to set up something different?

Aydan
This program is simply using a character reader so it doesn't matter where the plate is from.

Post a pic of the picture you are trying - the plate has to be large enough to make out the characters or it won't work.

WhyAydan

n3wb
Reaction score
This program is simply using a character reader so it doesn't matter where the plate is from.

Post a pic of the picture you are trying - the plate has to be large enough to make out the characters or it won't work.

Attachments