Annke Firmware to Hikvision Firmware: HOW TO

bbmre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, this happened to me as well.
Annke has released an updated firmware that's not quite as new, but I prefer to run that with the proper resolution and aspect ratio over the latest from HikVision with the issue you mentioned.
do u have the link to the newer annke firmware pls

AldoX

n3wb
Reaction score
bbmre said:
After I upgraded from Annke the resolution went down to 4MP, before the firmware upgrade the resolution showing was 2592 x 1944, after the Hikvision firmware upgrade the resolution was 2560 * 1440 4mp, is this what happened to you also ?

Yes, but for me the priority was to have the alert with screenshot + ftp rather than an unconventional 5MP

Vincent26

n3wb
Reaction score
updated via sdk, firmware IPCE_R_E8_EN_STD_5.5.800_210628.zip human detection disappeared, h264 appeared, Resolution changes sub-stream 1280*720, and some other changes. the firmware on the annke website is only for another platform. Visually, the web interface works faster. the inscription on the screen annke did not disappear.
it worked, thank you very much !

rancid

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

Are there any firmware updates for Model 181HD Firmware C-R-E8-0 ? I am getting the stream error when trying to view HD and it is driving me insane on my NC400's. I just had these installed yesterday and would have went with a different camera setup had I known it was going to be this much of a hassle. :(

Last edited:

ilovphil

n3wb
Reaction score
you need to ask for firmware from annke support for the CR-E8-0 platform
I’ll note from myself that they don’t give any accepting firmware from hikvision, only problems. And annke firmware is newer.

rancid

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I decided to build a blue iris machine and see if I can get the functionality I want from there. The motion detection with my NVR barely works, but I did fix the stream issue I was having above.

Frank888

n3wb
Reaction score
I just bought a C500 I51DM, which skips som frames.

Ankee released a firmware, C500-Firmware V5.5.111 build 20211008 to fix this but in an attempt to update I received an error.

Then I came across this thread and successfully updated to HikVision V5.5.800 build 210628. Now the live stream seems fine, but I still get frame skipping on recorded clips, typically 4-5 seconds each time

There is an updated FW (IPC_E7S_EN_STD_5.5.800_210816) on HikVision's site, but I receive the error again when trying to upgrade. Is there another way to upgrade FW than through the web browser?

Capture2.PNG

bustiep3

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!

Forgive my ignorance but I am new here and I am a bit confused with all this technical detail about cameras and NVRs.

So, I have recently bought the Annke WS500 kit. It comes with the N48WHS NVR and 4 I51CE cameras. My problem is that I am constantly receiving false motion detection alarms. I have tried to lower the sensitivity as low as 20% and I have even turned off the IR Light but it didn't help. So I was wondering if I could flash a Hikvision firmware somehow in order to deal with it hopefully. My neighbour has a Hikvision system that doesn't have those problems, so I thought that this could work.

Can you guide me as to which Hikvision firmware I should choose provided that what I'm thinking is even possible?
I am attaching screenshots of both my NVR and cameras information.

Thank you

Attachments

Last edited:

tadeo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all.

I have a IPC Camera I881FB with firmware V5.3.8 build 161103 and what firmware I have to upload to use Hikvision firmware ? Some says that it is R6 model but any firmware from Hik Portal suite for it.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

1666340388461.png

Frank888

n3wb
Reaction score
If you upload Hikvision FW the camera loses the ability to create events from detected people. It will report any changes in the landscape and give you many false alerts. And you can't restore the Annke FW, or at least I haven't found a way to do reverse the camera I upgraded.

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After you switch to hikvision firmware from Annke can you normally still connect to Annke Vision or Hik-Connect? Neither will let me connect by serial number and Hik-Connect stays offline on the camera even if I try to change the site it connects to with custom to one of the several alternate Hik-Connect.com or guardingvision.com sites.

yabdali

n3wb
Reaction score
I've just successfully updated a C500 (I51DL) to the IPC_E7S_EN_STD_5.5.800_210816 firmware.

I didn't use the SDK. I upgraded directly using the digicap.dav file in the web interface.

Old Annke FirmwareNew Hikvision Firmware
Firmware VersionV5.5.111 build 210108V5.5.800 build 210816
Encoding VersionV7.3 build 201022V7.3 build 210604
Web VersionV4.0.51 build 201105V4.0.1 build 200914
Plugin Version3.0.7.163.0.7.16
Firmware Version PropertyC-R-E7S-0B-R-E7S-0
Web interface changes I have found:

• Video/Audio:
    • The maximum main stream resolution is now 2560 x 1440. Previously it was 2592 x 1944 (though that resulted in an image with a weird aspect ratio). Sub-stream resolutions are unaffected.
    • The maximum sub-stream frame rate is now 25 fps (was 20).
  • Network > Advanced Settings:
    • New "FTP" tab.
  • Network > Advanced Settings > Email:
    • New "Attached Image" option.
  • Network > Advanced Settings > Platform Access:
    • Platform Access Mode has changed from "ANNKE VISION" to "Hik-Connect".
  • Network > Advanced Settings > Integration Protocol:
    • New "Enable Hikvision-CGI" option.
  • Event > Basic Event > Linkage Method:
    • New "Upload to FTP/Memory Card/NAS" option.
  • Storage > Schedule Settings:
    • New "Capture" tab.
I think you flashed the 4MP firmware. The C500 (I51DL) equivalent is the Value Series Hikvision DS-2CD1053G0-I(UF) Specs page which has Max. Resolution 2560 × 1920. The latest firmware is IPCE_E8_EN_STD_5.7.12_220819 Link.

You can cross verify model firmware of Hikvision cameras by checking each camera model with one of their security patch (platform/model) here

yabdali

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I successfully updated N48PBB with hikvision V4.30.080 build210412 of [7100NI-Q1] firmware

First I updated latest firmware from annke firmware downloads and then V4.30.080 build210412 NVR_K75_BL_ML_E_STD_V4.30.080_210412.zip

Hi @xxalgisxx
I have the same NVR model (N48PBB) however I have been hesitant to use the 7100NI-Q1 firmware since most of the specs sound different:
  • IP Video Input: 8-ch Up to 4 MP resolution
  • Recording Resolution: 4 MP/3 MP/1080p/UXGA /720p/VGA/4CIF/DCIF/ 2CIF/CIF/QCIF
  • Decoding Capability: 4-ch@1080p (25 fps), 2-ch@4 MP (25 fps)
Have you noticed if any of these specs limited your experience compared to Annke firmware? What about the additional features you got by flashing Hikvision firmware? I would really like to hear your experience, appreciate it. Thanks...

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is off-topic, but I'm getting difficulty getting an acceptable picture from my Annke C800 cam.

If I set a picture that looks great during the day, it looks horrible at night - and vice-versa.
Also during the day, if I set it to look fantastic during a sunny day, it looks horrible during cloudy weather - and vice-versa.

The only exposure setting that is available is 'Fixed' - no 'auto', no shutter priority, no gain priority. Is there a way to enable some 'auto exposure' setting that I'm unaware of?

I understand that I can set it to switch 'image parameters' at predefined times of the day, but this would be a pain in the ass where I'm living, since sunrise/sunset times fluctuate highly throughout the year, and that doesn't solve the problem with getting it to look decent during the day in any weather.

Last edited:

yabdali

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is off-topic, but I'm getting difficulty getting an acceptable picture from my Annke C800 cam.

If I set a picture that looks great during the day, it looks horrible at night - and vice-versa.
Also during the day, if I set it to look fantastic during a sunny day, it looks horrible during cloudy weather - and vice-versa.

The only exposure setting that is available is 'Fixed' - no 'auto', no shutter priority, no gain priority. Is there a way to enable some 'auto exposure' setting that I'm unaware of?

I understand that I can set it to switch 'image parameters' at predefined times of the day, but this would be a pain in the ass where I'm living, since sunrise/sunset times fluctuate highly throughout the year, and that doesn't solve the problem with getting it to look decent during the day in any weather.
Hi,
You might be able to do some workaround. Below links provide some info about what settings to change and possible ways to run a task to make changes (automation). The last link can help you running automation, example checking the weather for your area (OpenWeatherMap API type) and trigger your automation tasks accordingly.

Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful post!

Here’s my experience:
C800 bullet (earlier model I91BD without audio) – Hikvision G1 platform - successful update via camera’s web page directly to IPC_G1_EN_STD_5.6.5_200316
C800 bullet (current model I91BL with audio) – Hikvision G5 platform - successful update via camera’s web page directly to IPC_G5_EN_STD_5.5.114_210512
NC400 bullet (model I81HC) – believed to be Hikvision E7 platform but didn’t attempt to update as stock firmware is V5.5.114 build_200904 and Hikvision is same (? - apart from date) IPC_E7_EN_STD_5.5.114_200417

FYI, the differences I have noted in the newer C800 relative to the older version are: larger and heavier, more use of plastic, has audio, one versus 2 night LEDs, doesn’t have H264, has microSD slot, doesn’t have Smart Event.
Hi @majones,
I've a C800 bullet (I91BD without audio), but i can't see any Firmware upgrade button into the configuration... How I can turn on the upgrade?
Any suggestion?
I would like to try the latest firmware from Hikvision G1: IPC_G1_EN_STD_5.6.6_210625

@cyrusbyte
I saw somewhere that in some Annke ipcams, the firmware upgrade button is disabled (hidden). I don't remember exactly, but with Firefox there is a way to show hidden elements (scripts or css) so I can update the firmware but I don't remember the way to do that. Tips?

annke_01.jpg