An Awesome Camera

cattlecreek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is right at 550 yards (1600 ft) at 45 power optical zoom. It still has 16 times more digital zoom if needed. It's a cloudy overcast day, so at that distance, I consider the picture to good.
I have used the auto tracking on cattle and my son on a 4-wheeler. It did great. You won't regret buying this camera.

Attachments

cattlecreek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Believe me, the extra IR lights will produce a way better image, than the camera can provide.
I'm sure you're right at 100 yards or less, but I talking a few hundred yards out. If they will do that, I will buy one

Ookie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1st test - daylight - worked. this is a screenshot that was sent to my email address. Also discriminates between people and dogs. Next test nighttime
Those images look ridiculously good. I may have to pick one of these up.

What gets me is it's 2024 and some software can ONLY run on windows or vice versa. I guess a well rounded person should have one of each!
Thanks for posting photos, I'll keep watching.
Or 5 of each. No question Mac is a better experience. I detest Windows from the built in ads alone. Disgusting how they try to force you to switch to Edge every few months during a software update, where you have to opt out. I'm also sick of the politically correct nonsense popping up in the start menu, etc.

That said, there are a ton of applications--from Blue Iris to games--that only run on Windows.

Simply put, I use Mac when I want to, and Windows when I have to.

Galt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so i have BI up and running on a old skylake CPU (14nm) with Intel Graphics. I was trying to use codeproject ai and was having major problems. the .net yolo model for non nvidia systems was there one day and gone the next. when it was there I couldn't get BI to send requests to the code project server. I bought a coral M2 and have it up and running lickety split. for $40 shipping included its a pretty nifty accelerator. BI is much more responsive now. I would say without the TPU the CPU didn't have enough oomph to run BI lots of waiting for BI to respond prompts. I now have a system I can play with. I think I'm at the point of giving up on Security Spy.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Does BI interface with the coral M2?, or does Code Project interface with it? Is this simply a magic card, plug it in and everything runs faster?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
so i have BI up and running on a old skylake CPU (14nm) with Intel Graphics. I was trying to use codeproject ai and was having major problems. the .net yolo model for non nvidia systems was there one day and gone the next. when it was there I couldn't get BI to send requests to the code project server. I bought a coral M2 and have it up and running lickety split. for $40 shipping included its a pretty nifty accelerator. BI is much more responsive now. I would say without the TPU the CPU didn't have enough oomph to run BI lots of waiting for BI to respond prompts. I now have a system I can play with. I think I'm at the point of giving up on Security Spy.
sounds like you dont have the OS and blue iris running on an SSD. Big mistake.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does BI interface with the coral M2?, or does Code Project interface with it? Is this simply a magic card, plug it in and everything runs faster?
You need to set code project to use the coral module...blue iris does not utilize coral...it is the cpai that does. I believe there is only one model available for coral at this time - could be wrong...

Galt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
sounds like you dont have the OS and blue iris running on an SSD. Big mistake.
Well - help me out here. I have the OS and BI installed on a SATA SSD with storage pointing to my NAS. what else can be done to improve perf? 64G of ram

Galt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
install the coral module through the code project server. Easy peasy.

There are some instructions on the BI Forum

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well - help me out here. I have the OS and BI installed on a SATA SSD with storage pointing to my NAS. what else can be done to improve perf? 64G of ram
if that was the case the bi interface would not have stuttered.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
If the coral module turns out to be a must-have with BI it will take more attention to selecting the hardware, needing to have an available m.2 or pcie slot.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What i number and processor number is your skylake?

How many cameras were you trying CodeProject?

Did you ever have it running on the .net yolo?

Galt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What i number and processor number is your skylake?

How many cameras were you trying CodeProject?

Did you ever have it running on the .net yolo?
I7600 3.4Ghz quad core, dual threaded

1 camera

I never got it to work on .net yolo - never saw any request to the CPAI server. I think thats what was causing all the sluggishness. But dont really know.

With the coral TPU I am getting AI alerts and storing videos. The only thing is its detecting persons when I think I dont want it to.

AI settings : notice there are no custom models. This entries in that field just disappeared one day.

Ai Settings.PNG

Alert AI settings : It sends alerts on humans. I dont want it to.
Alert AI settings.PNG

Galt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If the coral module turns out to be a must-have with BI it will take more attention to selecting the hardware, needing to have an available m.2 or pcie slot.
You can get a M2 to PCIe card adapter if you have a spare x4 PCIe slot. In fact thats what Im using for my SSD, thought it was sata its NVMe.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I7600 3.4Ghz quad core, dual threaded

1 camera

I never got it to work on .net yolo - never saw any request to the CPAI server. I think thats what was causing all the sluggishness. But dont really know.

With the coral TPU I am getting AI alerts and storing videos. The only thing is its detecting persons when I think I dont want it to.

AI settings : notice there are no custom models. This entries in that field just disappeared one day.

View attachment 182333

Alert AI settings : It sends alerts on humans. I dont want it to.
View attachment 182334
custom models are not supported on coral

Galt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
custom models are not supported on coral
Thanks @fenderman

FWIW's it seems code project doesnt ahve the .net yolo model anymore

Capture.PNG

Galt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What version are you on? I am just getting started with the transition to CodeProject and loaded just today 2.4.7 and the .net Yolo was there. It wasn't on the other version I tried.
2.4.7 now - handshaking between BI and CPAI seems to be working as well. Further posts will be on the CPAI thread. Probably going to buy a used Nvidia graphics card - can get one for $50 on ebay