Amcrest AD410

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You asked if the issue was ONVIF. The test I outlined removes ONVIF from the equation and simplifies things by removing Deepstack. It focuses ONLY on the BI triggering mechanism.
oh ok.. and will that also test why BI is cancelling the motion?

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
oh ok.. and will that also test why BI is cancelling the motion?
The cancellations are from Deepstack. Turning Deepstack OFF for that camera, as I've suggested a few times, will definitely overcome that issue.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As far as testing goes, you really ought to consider what @wittaj was saying about loads on your router and BI optimizations through substreams. You might find that some of the problem really does disappear if you can live with substreams for your multi-view screen.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As far as testing goes, you really ought to consider what @wittaj was saying about loads on your router and BI optimizations through substreams. You might find that some of the problem really does disappear if you can live with substreams for your multi-view screen.
Ok.. but I can't wrap my head around the fact that why this is only happening with this camera.. if I turn off all the other cameras and ONLY have the doorbell connected, it would behave the same way...so to me that would tell me is not an issue with overloading the router...but more of an issue with this particular camera and BI.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok.. but I can't wrap my head around the fact that why this is only happening with this camera.. if I turn off all the other cameras and ONLY have the doorbell connected, it would behave the same way...so to me that would tell me is not an issue with overloading the router...but more of an issue with this particular camera and BI.
Ref the emboldened text .... have you tested that?

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One way to test BI's triggers is the use of the Hot Zone. You almost certainly do NOT want to live with it this way, but since the Hot Zone will override most other settings, and since you are not getting enough triggered alerts, this would confirm that the camera and BI are working fine together. You do have to get DS out of the way though, so be sure to turn it off for that camera.

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Having read through this thread, it seems to me that the BIG question is why is the trigger being cancelled when it has confirmed a person?

There may be other issues but this point should be a good place to start.

A good while ago I experienced a strange problem that drove me insane. I resolved it by deleting the camera and making a copy of a working camera and editing it with the new camera ip address etc. Never really got to the bottom of the issue but making a copy of a working camera resolved the problem.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Having read through this thread, it seems to me that the BIG question is why is the trigger being cancelled when it has confirmed a person?

There may be other issues but this point should be a good place to start.

A good while ago I experienced a strange problem that drove me insane. I resolved it by deleting the camera and making a copy of a working camera and editing it with the new camera ip address etc. Never really got to the bottom of the issue but making a copy of a working camera resolved the problem.
The issue was the interaction between the doorbell and Blue Iris and Deepstack. I don't think confirmed alerts were being cancelled.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
The camera hardware on the doorbell is running on Wifi to your router. that could be a performance hit depending on the type of router. and how congested your wifi is. If your older than a wifi 6 router, could be Lag in the wifi.....plus....The motion alerts on my AD 110 are delayed to my phone whether on home network or on LTE.
And they are suck ass slow whether I'm on my old Arris cable Modem wifi, or my new Asus RT-AX55 wifi 6 Router. The AD 410 I installed was the same way. Could be hardware slowness on the doorbell camera? or the fucking cloud they integrated on it with the Amcrest smart home app. might be be why deepstack underperforms/delays?
I've really stopped even relying on the camera for anything except to see who parked in the driveway.
I have it running in BI without deepstack, and that is how it seems to work best for me.
When I'm at work and get a motion alert from Amcrest, its already 20 seconds lagged, then it takes a full minute to load the video, and then it freezes half the time.
for me it seems to work best as a regular doorbell, and secondly as a BI camera. unfortunately.

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The issue was the interaction between the doorbell and Blue Iris and Deepstack. I don't think confirmed alerts were being cancelled.
My post was based on the OP's post:
"Putting aside ONVIF - If using ONLY BI motion detection and DS. It would completely miss the motion OR it would detect motion even at high percentage like 90s and it would cancel that motion..why?.. who knows."