4.0.3 - March 29, 2015

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is the change log from BI 4.0.3:

• A bug has been fixed which likely was responsible for crashes during remote viewing of BVR file content from slow devices, specifically those taking longer than 1.5 seconds to randomly reposition within the file.
  • Commands page been added to the right-click camera PTZ menu, keyboard shortcuts, and camera event scheduler to set/reset the digital output signal for camera which support this.
  • On Options/DIO you may now choose between the original single-byte protocol used to support the Arduino or a new protocol as used by the GCE Electronics Module. When setting an output, three ASCII bytes are sent, S<output number><n=0/1>. S11 to set output 1, S10 to reset output 1.
  • Web server authentication has been tweaked to be more lenient with missing session keys when dealing with exempted LAN traffic. This will prevent the Status/Connections list becoming overfull and eventually rejecting requests (sending them to the login page).
  • If the camera Inspect button pulls preset position tokens from an ONVIF device, those will now be properly saved into the PTZ presets list. Additionally, the code used to call an ONVIF preset has been repaired to actually send the proper value.
  • The ActiveX control has been updated to 4.0.0.1. A potential window resize crash bug was fixed. If a user is stream time-limited, the control will no longer automatically attempt to reconnect when the stream is interrupted by the server.
  • The FTP component was updated.

One line was added in 4.0.3.1 just this morning:

• A new double-click camera window option to set a temporary single-camera layout in the main window or a desktop frame window

SteveGB

n3wb
Reaction score
Tried 4 times today to download the patch. Will not happen. I get the following error message.

Attachments

SteveGB

n3wb
Reaction score
Used the above link after shutting down Blue Iris. It worked well. Am now running 4.0.3.1. Thank you. FYI, Previously, I was notified by the software, when opening it, that there was an update avail. I agreed to the download with Blue Iris running to watch the bytes on the lower left corner add up to over 25,000, then would get the error message.

Reaction score
Arduino I/O or GCE Electronics Module: ideas without examples, are not reality, are only abstraction.(cit)