2022 EmpireTech Autumn Oct. Sales

Kevman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Btw while reading thru the reviews in the forum, I just wonder if the light on overnight with cheaper cameras (like high res/small sensor) would give similar image as expensive low light cameras? or is there some point misunderstood - maybe no light can be enough like real daylight?
(Not sure of cost benefit of the electricity bill occurred by the light, thou)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Btw while reading thru the reviews in the forum, I just wonder if the light on overnight with cheaper cameras (like high res/small sensor) would give similar image as expensive low light cameras? or is there some point misunderstood - maybe no light can be enough like real daylight?
(Not sure of cost benefit of the electricity bill occurred by the light, thou)
No it cannot lol.

Here is a real world example. Even with a floodlight, there simply wasn't enough light to make the cheaper 5MP on the 1/2.7" sensor go into color, so 8MP would be worse:

1666208649097.png

And the 5442 4MP on the 1/1.8" sensor camera (different deer LOL) that the camera was able to go to color based on the larger sensor:

1666208706948.png

Which do you think is the better image?

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ended up purchasing another 5241 for a second LPR camera. This will pointing in opposite direction of my current cam, and will most likely allow me color plates due to street light positioning.
I'm going to wait until the mini-ptz come out before I purchase another PTZ.

Thanks for the sale @EMPIRETECANDY ! Best of luck to everyone on the lottery! I'm crossing my fingers for the PTZ, or any prize really, but even if I don't win a thing, it's great to contribute to a great guy and company.

Kevman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No it cannot lol.

Here is a real world example. Even with a floodlight, there simply wasn't enough light to make the cheaper 5MP on the 1/2.7" sensor go into color, so 8MP would be worse:

And the 5442 4MP on the 1/1.8" sensor camera (different deer LOL) that the camera was able to go to color based on the larger sensor:

lol thanks. I'll stick with your famous post. ;)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
hey guys

when you send me screenshot for amazon, just show the order with shipping address is fine, no need to show the bill address or bank acount.
Remember send me your email address, not easy for me to send hundreds DM here. :D

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
No it cannot lol.

View attachment 143229

View attachment 143230

i like the color deer more, lol.

Sjrd

n3wb
Reaction score
their system has some problem, can't add sales to it, maybe later we arrange the europe sales, but can buy from aliexpress, we ship from DE shop. So will be no tax.
So when i buy it at aliexpress it will be send from DE (to NL) and then i don't have any tax and import costs? The price on aliexpress for the IPC-T5442T-ZE is € 181,14 and on amazon.de it is €204.99 (- 5% discount at the moment = 194,75).
I want the black one is out of stock on amazon.de.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Black ones next week will be stock in, amazon.de will be with the VAT 19%, so price surely higher than the aliexpress. :)
Yes, can do small orders like that way, buy on aliexpress and ship from amazon.de.

Sjrd

n3wb
Reaction score
Black ones next week will be stock in, amazon.de will be with the VAT 19%, so price surely higher than the aliexpress. :)
Yes, can do small orders like that way, buy on aliexpress and ship from amazon.de.
Ok Thanks. So the price at aliexpress (€ 181,14 ) will be the price that i pay (there are no extra costs)?

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, Amazon.de prices are with tax (in our Dutch case 21%) but on Aliexpress the tax is only included with items of €150 or less.

I have spend way to much time today researching this but for us Dutch/Europeans; since 1 July 2021 rules have changed.
When we buy something from outside of Europe, we have 3 things to consider; tax, import duties and handling costs.
Tax speaks for itself; it's 21% in the Netherlands.
Import duties; applicable if product is more than €150, amount depends on the product group but it varies between 0 and 17% of product price.
Handling costs; a sum the package handler (FedEx, UPS, DHL, PostNL etc.) charges for handling the package and calculating the needed tax and import duties.

If I'm correct; electronics (and phones, laptops, PC(-parts) etc.) have 0% import duty. So there we got lucky. (I think; I haven't experienced this procedure myself yet)

Aliexpress works with Import One Stop Shop (IOSS); it calculates tax for items up to €150. So no local Dutch handling cost from PostNL, DHL etc.
So if we buy from Andy's Aliexpress store an item that's less than €150 it's simple; Aliexpress calculates the tax (21%) and adds it automatically; our total price.

If we buy something from Andy on Aliexpress that's €150 or more; it's different.
Now Aliexpress doesn't calculate/handle tax; so now our local Dutch package handler will do that.
Therefore Andy's prices at Aliexpress becomes lower than advertised since Aliexpress deductes tax.

Take the IPC-T5442T-ZE for example.
Andy has it currently listed for €222,33 - minus €1.05 discount = €221,28, but when I try to pay; it's lowers to €182,87. The €38,41 difference is the 21% tax.
So I pay Andy €182,87 and it ships to my house.
Then I might get a (e)mail from - for example - PostNL that I have to pay the tax (in some case import duty, but since it's an electronic device, this time not) and their handling costs.
So that's €182,87 + 21% and €10 handling costs = €231,27 total.
(I've used PostNL for this example since their handling costs are simple to find online; DHL and FedEx are much harder to find but both seem to charge considerably more than PostNL)

However, sometimes the package slips through as was the case with my last purchase from Andy. So this time no extra costs for me and the price paid to Andy is the total price I paid.
So it's a gamble (or sort of lottery) if your package slips through; if it does you're lucky. If it doesn't; it's an extra X-amount of money to be paid.

Since Andy now has a Amazon.de store, we have take our chances.
Buy a IPC-T5442T-ZE from Amazon.de and pay €208.43 (listed price is €204.99 but German tax is 19%, Dutch tax is 21% so slightly higher) + €3.49 shipping: €211,92.
Or take a gamble and buy from Aliexpress; if we're lucky total price is €182,87 (so considerably less than from Amazon.de) or "get caught" and pay €231,27 total (considerably more than Amazon.de)

All this is calculated with Amazon.de and Aliexpress prices. I haven't taken Andy's personal email pricing/buying options in consideration since I have NO idea how that would work out in relation to IOSS, tax etc.
So how would that work considering everything I wrote above, most importantly tax?
As explained above; for items less than €150 buying from Aliexpress is perfectly fine. Paid price is total price.

But let's say the IPC-T5442T-ZE (item that's more than €150)
Amazon.de: €208.43 + €3.49 shipping: €211,92.
Aliexpress: €182,87 (no tax and handling cost price) or €231,27 (tax and handling costs included) + Free shipping.

If would we order from Aliexpress and you ship it from Amazon.de; what total price will it be?

And "small orders"; let's say I wanted a couple of camera's (with wall mounts) and a NVR; would that be possible that way?
maybe the currency rate make the difference.
Maybe. There's also what currency you set at Aliexpress.

At Aliexpress, the T5442TM-AS is $148.79 (Google tells me that's currently €152,09) when set to dollars and €160,21 when set to euro.
The T5442T-ZE is $169.92 (€173,68) in dollars and €182,87 when set to euro.

And just like @Sjrd said; thanks for the quick replies Andy!
I know this a wall of text and a lot of questions and all, but I'm just trying to wrap my head around how all this works out...

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, Amazon.de prices are with tax (in our Dutch case 21%) but on Aliexpress the tax is only included with items of €150 or less.

I have spend way to much time today researching this but for us Dutch/Europeans; since 1 July 2021 rules have changed.
When we buy something from outside of Europe, we have 3 things to consider; tax, import duties and handling costs.
Tax speaks for itself; it's 21% in the Netherlands.
Import duties; applicable if product is more than €150, amount depends on the product group but it varies between 0 and 17% of product price.
Handling costs; a sum the package handler (FedEx, UPS, DHL, PostNL etc.) charges for handling the package and calculating the needed tax and import duties.

If I'm correct; electronics (and phones, laptops, PC(-parts) etc.) have 0% import duty. So there we got lucky. (I think; I haven't experienced this procedure myself yet)

Aliexpress works with Import One Stop Shop (IOSS); it calculates tax for items up to €150. So no local Dutch handling cost from PostNL, DHL etc.
So if we buy from Andy's Aliexpress store an item that's less than €150 it's simple; Aliexpress calculates the tax (21%) and adds it automatically; our total price.

If we buy something from Andy on Aliexpress that's €150 or more; it's different.
Now Aliexpress doesn't calculate/handle tax; so now our local Dutch package handler will do that.
Therefore Andy's prices at Aliexpress becomes lower than advertised since Aliexpress deductes tax.

Take the IPC-T5442T-ZE for example.
Andy has it currently listed for €222,33 - minus €1.05 discount = €221,28, but when I try to pay; it's lowers to €182,87. The €38,41 difference is the 21% tax.
So I pay Andy €182,87 and it ships to my house.
Then I might get a (e)mail from - for example - PostNL that I have to pay the tax (in some case import duty, but since it's an electronic device, this time not) and their handling costs.
So that's €182,87 + 21% and €10 handling costs = €231,27 total.
(I've used PostNL for this example since their handling costs are simple to find online; DHL and FedEx are much harder to find but both seem to charge considerably more than PostNL)

However, sometimes the package slips through as was the case with my last purchase from Andy. So this time no extra costs for me and the price paid to Andy is the total price I paid.
So it's a gamble (or sort of lottery) if your package slips through; if it does you're lucky. If it doesn't; it's an extra X-amount of money to be paid.

Since Andy now has a Amazon.de store, we have take our chances.
Buy a IPC-T5442T-ZE from Amazon.de and pay €208.43 (listed price is €204.99 but German tax is 19%, Dutch tax is 21% so slightly higher) + €3.49 shipping: €211,92.
Or take a gamble and buy from Aliexpress; if we're lucky total price is €182,87 (so considerably less than from Amazon.de) or "get caught" and pay €231,27 total (considerably more than Amazon.de)

All this is calculated with Amazon.de and Aliexpress prices. I haven't taken Andy's personal email pricing/buying options in consideration since I have NO idea how that would work out in relation to IOSS, tax etc.

So how would that work considering everything I wrote above, most importantly tax?
As explained above; for items less than €150 buying from Aliexpress is perfectly fine. Paid price is total price.

But let's say the IPC-T5442T-ZE (item that's more than €150)
Amazon.de: €208.43 + €3.49 shipping: €211,92.
Aliexpress: €182,87 (no tax and handling cost price) or €231,27 (tax and handling costs included) + Free shipping.

If would we order from Aliexpress and you ship it from Amazon.de; what total price will it be?

And "small orders"; let's say I wanted a couple of camera's (with wall mounts) and a NVR; would that be possible that way?

Maybe. There's also what currency you set at Aliexpress.

At Aliexpress, the T5442TM-AS is $148.79 (Google tells me that's currently €152,09) when set to dollars and €160,21 when set to euro.
The T5442T-ZE is $169.92 (€173,68) in dollars and €182,87 when set to euro.

And just like @Sjrd said; thanks for the quick replies Andy!
I know this a wall of text and a lot of questions and all, but I'm just trying to wrap my head around how all this works out...
Don't use paypal just use credit card to pay in Euros. You see the order screenshot to Europe, calculate like this.

1666276192425.png

Sjrd

n3wb
Reaction score
But with Aliexpress there is still a chance that there will be additional costs (tax and handling costs) for us?
Or is there no chance of that because it is shipped from DE?

Thanks