2017 Dahua Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-ZE), ePoE, NEW!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, do you have a link to this on your store? What's the best way to purchase for Australia?

The camera location is for front of house facing driveway. What is the quality difference like between this ze unit and the
SD1A203T-GN Starlight Mini PTZ?
Click on wiki at top of page, then read the cliff notes.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This model will replace the IPC-HDW5231R-Z to be the only model at Ecosavy 3.0 series. IPC-HDW5231R-Z this week will all use up, and totally ends.
But will have a lite series will use the same housing as HDW5231R-Z, model is IPC-HDW2231R-ZS
This is confusing. What is the difference between the eco 3.0 series and the lite series?
I quick Goggled IPC-HDW2231R-ZS (shows up upder eco 3.0? ...Lite series section shows a IPC-HDW2221R-ZS model with 1/27 cmos? ). Both otherwise look \ spec close to the same as the HDW5231R-Z specs.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This is confusing. What is the difference between the eco 3.0 series and the lite series?
I quick Goggled IPC-HDW2231R-ZS (shows up upder eco 3.0? ...Lite series section shows a IPC-HDW2221R-ZS model with 1/27 cmos? ). Both otherwise look \ spec close to the same as the HDW5231R-Z specs.
I TESTED the camera last night, pics not sharp as the HDW52XX, i will get one to review here soon.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They'll always be some compromise in cheaper models it seems :lol:
I would prefer they strip out features (like IVS, on-board microphone, etc) vs dick around with image quality! You can figure out missing features by comparing spec sheets. lol

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
can the dahua app (gDMSS Plus) control the PTZ functions of the SD1A203T-GN ? i was sure if the dahua app could control PTZ.

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the Unifi PoE+ 250w switch and two IPC-HDW5231R-ZE running on that along with other Dahua and other brands of cameras and APs. I haven't had any devices that switch cannot run yet, there is a new PoE in development which uses more watts than PoE+ can support but I have only seen 1 Dahua model so far that says it needs that and it was so far out of my price range it didn't bother me much.

Unifi is great. have you seen the specs on the 802.3bt standard ? lotsa of wattage to a device is possible with the new standard. i would imagine LED lighting without needing to adhere to city code would be a big benefit of 802.3bt.

Eloy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!, does anyone knows if this model works with the standard poe (for short distance) or it´s mandatory to use it on a poe+ switch? Thanks in advance.

bigoliver

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I believed the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE used <6w per camera (thought I read that somewhere.)

I've just bought a POE switch to run 4 cameras from my garage. It claims the maximum output to be 30w which I thought was fine as 4x<6=<24w.
However the spec sheet says <8.5w per camera meaning 4x8.5=<34w which is slightly overloading the poe switch.

Is the spec sheet being over cautious claiming <8.5w and the actually figure is more like 6w?
Does anyone know if 30w is enough to power 4 IPC-HDW5231R-ZE? It's only a short length.

Thanks in advance

Oliver

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I believed the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE used <6w per camera (thought I read that somewhere.)

I've just bought a POE switch to run 4 cameras from my garage. It claims the maximum output to be 30w which I thought was fine as 4x<6=<24w.
However the spec sheet says <8.5w per camera meaning 4x8.5=<34w which is slightly overloading the poe switch.

Is the spec sheet being over cautious claiming <8.5w and the actually figure is more like 6w?
Does anyone know if 30w is enough to power 4 IPC-HDW5231R-ZE? It's only a short length.

Thanks in advance

Oliver
It actually users 2-3w...not even close to 8.5...the 8.5, if it every gets that high is with full IR and actively using the motorized varifocal...so unless you intend to activate the VF on all the cameras at once, you will have no issues.

bigoliver

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It actually users 2-3w...not even close to 8.5...the 8.5, if it every gets that high is with full IR and actively using the motorized varifocal...so unless you intend to activate the VF on all the cameras at once, you will have no issues.
That's good to know.
Thank you

Abormot

n3wb
Reaction score
I jus installed new IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, but I can't see anything with IR are ON. When I turn OFF IR LED's the camera can see something, but when it is ON - nothing. How come? Have no idea. I am very experienced with cameras, but I have no clue what is wrong with this camera.

Here are some screenshots:

Attachments

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
but when it is ON - nothing. How come? Have no idea. I am very experienced with cameras, but I have no clue what is wrong with this camera.
x2 on what @bigoliver said. Looks like the IR is "very brightly" reflecting from the lower left of the image and the camera is trying to compensate by adjusting the exposure which has the side-effect of making the rest of the image too dark.