YouTube streaming

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks @Mike A.
Testing OBS on this box. Task manager shows 18% CPU which is about what BI uses. I've got 3 cams on it atm. I'll let it run as I'm playing with it.

Last edited:

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
annnnd she just went next door. Could be a few minutes, could be hours. That's how this works. :p

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks good.

I tried to stream my sky cams, but had to lower the quality to keep CPU usage down which made it almost pointless. There was no way I could have gotten all 4 combined in OBS.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Latest try. I split the load on this try. I combined the cams in Blue Iris on it's box into one cam which cost me about 6% CPU. But, i'm streaming from this box which is using 8% CPU. I'm still messing around so...

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Latest try. I split the load on this try. I combined the cams in Blue Iris on it's box into one cam which cost me about 6% CPU. But, i'm streaming from this box which is using 8% CPU. I'm still messing around so...
Looks great! Now go register a cheap domain name like sscatcam.com for $30/2yr and forward it to your YT live stream URL :D

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Nahhh, I'm just playing right now and this will end up being mostly for extended family when they're bored and have absolutely nothing else to do... :p

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
This was unexpected / something I just didn't realize. I stopped the streaming and closed OBS on this box. Then I went over to the BI box and disabled the cam that I had set up using the 4 feeds. All good, right? When I sat back down right now (I don't know... a couple hours later?), I opened OBS on this box and saw an input feed, clicked to start streaming just to see what it would do with what should be no input feed since it's disabled in BI. It started streaming right away even though that cam is disabled in BI on the other box. I checked YouTube via my phone. Yep, it's streaming. I checked BI on the other box. Yep, it shows as disabled. Learn something new every day, right?

The only crappy thing at this point is that any time I stop and then restart the feed, the url link changes. Maybe I'm not doing something right in that respect?

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The only crappy thing at this point is that any time I stop and then restart the feed, the url link changes. Maybe I'm not doing something right in that respect?
No, I got the same thing. The stream key doesn't change but the URL does if it's ever stopped/re-started. Supposedly there's a way to get a "static" URL bit I don't know how or if that's true.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
All right. Still playing of course. I have 3 cams, some writing, and an updated temperature (which I get from BIT). The only problem is and believe me, I've tried... I can't get ° to be ° like it comes from the BIT temperature.txt file. It shows up as a diamond with a question mark in it. It just doesn't translate into what OBS has.

1705767569565.png

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you just leave the degree symbol out or does BIT insert it?

You realize that as soon as you get this all set up, the cat's going to leave, right? :winktongue:

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
BIT puts it into the txt file. No doubt I could find a program that would remove it. Heck, I could probably set it up with a batch command (shhh, windows doesn't do dos stuff anymore), but... we'll see...

Haha, this is more than just the cat. This is just me learning something new, which even with the frustrations sometimes, is what I enjoy doing. If this were summer? NOPE, I'd be outside! ;)

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Understand too well. I'm stuck inside in a frozen hell here too.

And that cat's not going anywhere now but inside. ; )