Worlds First Review - Dahua - IPC-Color4K-X / DH-IPC-HFW5849T1-ASE-LED - Full Color 4K Camera

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
My first thoughts were lens coating and the acute angle of incidence with the garage (?) light. I have seen some purple casts from fluorescent as well, although usually more universal. Unusual situation though to have at least 2 (maybe 3 if Parley is using his own light source behind the camera) sources of light all with differing colour temperures. Makes it very difficult to choose an overall white balance adjustment.
it can be but if all 3 sources are constant then that takes out some of the unknowns. Then white balance at focal point you want critical capture at and that helps. Won’t be 100% perfect but will get you close. Obviously if it is chromatic aberration then I’m that case not much you can do but it’s greatly reduced on the lower dispersion lenses used in the 4Ks so that helps.

volm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Will add the anti-lost parcel function in and the bugs that currently found. That is fast you get the camera at Ukrain. ;)
Yes, it was very fast.
Aug 01, 2021 The order was placed on aliexpress and its status was changed to "Shipped" on the next day
Aug 04, 2021 The order started to be tracked on the Aliexpress and DHL services
Aug 06, 2021 The order was delivered to me
Thank you very much.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, it was very fast.
01.08.2021 The order was placed on aliexpress and its status was changed to "Shipped" on the next day
04.08.2021 The order started to be tracked on the Aliexpress and DHL services
06.08.2021 The order was delivered to me
Thank you very much.
And to us in the US, I was like wow how did he order this in January :lmao:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
My first thoughts were lens coating and the acute angle of incidence with the garage (?) light. I have seen some purple casts from fluorescent as well, although usually more universal. Unusual situation though to have at least 2 (maybe 3 if Parley is using his own light source behind the camera) sources of light all with differing colour temperures. Makes it very difficult to choose an overall white balance adjustment.
No, the light source from the camera is turned off. The daylight bulb is brighter than the soft white that it replaced even though they are both rated at 40W and around 450 lumens. I did not check to see how it affected the camera last night. Maybe tonight.

volm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't see the profile Day/Night in the settings of new camera IPC-Color4K-X (IPC-HFW5849T1-ASE-LED)

IPC-HDW3841EMP-AS
1628341087999.png1628405116734.png

IPC-Color4K-X (IPC-HFW5849T1-ASE-LED)
1628341122077.png1628405152386.png

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a night picture with the new daylight light bulb. IMHO the difference in lighting and shadows is causing the camera some problems. However this picture is much, much better than what the previous Dahua varifocal 5542Z-E produced in the same location.

Edit: I was playing with the camera lighting and my wife saw that from the bedroom and said no to any additional lighting. :p

Camera 2B Dahua 4K New Light Bulb.jpg

For comparison here is the previous picture.

Camera 2B Dahua 4K Night.jpg

Last edited: