Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-PFW5849-A180-E2 - Dual Lens 180 Degree Full Color 4K (8MP Stitched) Camera

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does anyone know why when I try to draw trip wire it only allowing 3 points?
Which browser are you using ?

Also, I can’t get ePTZ display mode to work. It just stays 1 frame
When you say 1 frame (you meant full screen as oppose to quadrant ? Same question as above but if using IE (or IE compatible mode) then take a look at my original video where I show E-PTZ and how to enable it as well as setup the quadrant(s) layout that you want. Also remember that E-PTZ will only work for SD card footage OR if you have a 52xx with beta FW currently, no other NVR platform or middleware.

And what is the plug-in it wants me to download. Web plugin.exe (virus detected)
This is the plugin to allow video playback/live view in browser + critically the E-PTZ configuration too

HTH
Thank’s Wildcat_1. I was using Brave. I’ll try again

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
All, as promised here is the 'revisit' video. Specifically this focuses on day comparison to the Hik camera + critically focuses on the aspect ratio differences between the cameras and shows you the new resolutions offered by the latest Dahua FW. Created at 5120 x 1800 to accommodate all resolutions & aspect ratios offered. As always, remember to select 4K for best quality on YouTube. I will also add this to the original posts for easy reference. Timestamps added as this is a longer video.

Thanks @Wildcat_1 for another great job and comparison.

Im thinking the ladies will prefer the Dahua ;)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
\

Question! MS edge work? I’m trying to it on that web browser. When I click on the (add web plugin) this MS defender say’s “Virus Detected”. Is this normal?
Best bet is to use Internet Explorer - not Edge with the IE add-on or compatibility. Doesn't mean it won't work in Edge, but some cameras don't show all the features or they don't save your settings properly in another browser.

That plug-in file is fine.

Keep in mind how the "unknown Publisher" or "potential virus" messages are generated (just called virus moving forward in the rest of this post for simplicity).

It is not a virus, rather it is whatever antivirus you are using has flagged it as a potential virus. Some programs look at the total number of users and below a certain number, it is flagged. These specialty type files/programs get false positives all the time.

You can check the file with VirusTotal , an antivirus website owned by Google that runs it thru a lot of different antivirus algorithms.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All, as promised here is the 'revisit' video. Specifically this focuses on day comparison to the Hik camera + critically focuses on the aspect ratio differences between the cameras and shows you the new resolutions offered by the latest Dahua FW. Created at 5120 x 1800 to accommodate all resolutions & aspect ratios offered. As always, remember to select 4K for best quality on YouTube. I will also add this to the original posts for easy reference. Timestamps added as this is a longer video.

As usual another high quality demonstration and comparison that has set up each camera to perform their best instead of simply using auto/default like so many other reviewers out there!

It is great to see the improvements they have made and the additional resolution offerings.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score

Please don't roast me for this. You do a wonderful job with these videos, however, I have a couple of suggestions for improvements for this one.

1. There's a lot of black with tiny pictures in the centre of the screen. It may be the limitation of your editor, but I would be good if you could make the video fill the playback screen more.

2. This maybe the product of you not having an eptz capable NVR, but it would be really good if the Dahua one showed the eptz view as well. This then shows the advantages this has over the hik. ATM it's very close without and so people might swing either way, which is fine. But it doesn't really show the extra advantage of the Dahua. An alternative might be to see if you were able to use Andy's eptz video clip in there although it depends where he got it from and who owns copyright.

So far as the cameras are concerned. to my eyes, Initially the Hik looks better as you look as a subject look little dark and undefined on the Dahua. Once the resolution is native though, they're very similar with a slight edge to Dahua in my opinion. Pity you had a snowy day, but at least it shows what these cameras do in far from ideal conditions as not every day is blazing sunshine (especially in the UK!).

Last edited:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Please don't roast me for this. You do a wonderful job with these videos, however, I have a couple of suggestions for improvements for this one.

1. There's a lot of black with tiny pictures in the centre of the screen. It may be the limitation of your editor, but I would be good if you could make the video fill the playback screen more.

2. This maybe the product of you not having an eptz capable NVR, but it would be really good if the Dahua one showed the eptz view as well. This then shows the advantages this has over the hik. ATm it's very close without and so people might swing eithe way, which is fine. But it doesn't really show the extra advantage of the Dahua. An alternative might be to see if you were able to use Andy's eptz video clip in there although it depends where he got it from and who owns copyright.

So far as the cameras are concerned. to my eyes, Initially the Hik looks better as you look as a subject look little dark and undefined on the Dahua. Once the resolution is native though, they're very similar with a slight edge to Dahua in my opinion. Pity you had a snowy day, but at least it shows what these cameras do in far from ideal conditions as not every day is balazing sunshine (espeicially in the UK!).

Come on now you know me better than that. Would never roast anyone and always appreciate the feedback. I will however keep people honest :)

Replies to your points:

1) The black is intentional and not a limitation of the editor. As mentioned these are aspect ratio comparisons so I have to reduce the overall image size (but I keep aspect ratio preserved) to show FOV of 1 cam vs the other. If I kept them at native resolution on that particular comparison they would be a mess. Therefore in this particular video (as I've done in some others) I increased the overall resolution to 5120 x 1800 (to accommodate all resolutions that were capable by both cams) and then overlaid them as shown here. I been exploring with overlays to look at a way to keep the native resolutions of both cams for comparison BUT highlight one over the other. I've done this on many pro video projects in the past BUT can get a little messy when looking to keep critical details as I try to do here. I will look at a way to show this (may reduce color to B&W on 1 for example and shift color on the 2nd to 1 color such as red to show a overlay approach) in future.

2) On the E-PTZ, I did show this before in my video HERE (linked again below for others) which is why I state in this video posted yesterday that I don't show the E-PTZ but to check out my other videos :)

Yes, while it was a VERY cold snowy day, at least it shows what's possible for these cameras to produce, once dialed in, even with snow coming down and how you can identify accordingly. In the uncompressed footage you see that the Dahua is now less over processed (thanks to them actioning the feedback and algorithm changes I mentioned originally), has slightly less noise + a little sharper (again without overly processed) resulting image.

Again, for those interested, here is my What Is E-PTZ and How To Use It video below:

Thanks again for the feedback, always appreciate it and always looking for ways to improve the videos I produce here without making them too long (I know.....this one was 17 minutes BUT at least it had chapters ;) ).

WSCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been following this thread with interest. I'm on the verge of ordering one of the Dahua models, but the funky aspect ratio might bother me. I feel like the firmware could just stretch it out horizontally to get rid of the anamorphic squishing that's happening.

If I did get one, I was thinking I could use the anamorphic options in Blue Iris to fix it, but if you're using substream decoding, that's not an option, it's grayed out. A firmware fix for that would be awesome. I'd like something like this to replace my older 2MP booby camera. It's just in a spot that I need the 180 coverage and it would be difficult to run another ethernet line out there (up by the street near the group of mailboxes and also covers some vehicles parked on the street.

I guess if it came to it I could get this anyway and:
a) hope for a firmware update to demorph it
b) disable substream on just this camera and use BI settings to demorph
c) live with the distortion

I mean, it's a cool looking camera, much smaller than the Hikvision (thanks for the side by side physical comparison, that helped make up my mind about that... the Hik is just too big for my needs, I think).

mephisto_uk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a way to restart the camera? I can't find any option on the UI. Mine out of nowhere has stopped sending ONVIF events from IVS to Blue Iris, when disable it and move to regular video detection, I get the ONVIF alerts again. I would like to reboot before I try anything else. Is the new firmware good to use or still in testing phase?

Reaction score
Is there a way to restart the camera? I can't find any option on the UI. Mine out of nowhere has stopped sending ONVIF events from IVS to Blue Iris, when disable it and move to regular video detection, I get the ONVIF alerts again. I would like to reboot before I try anything else. Is the new firmware good to use or still in testing phase?
Been running the 2023-02-27 firmware for about a week now, with no apparent issues. I do have many NoSignal errors, that occur mainly during the night. I have changed from substream 2 to substream 1 and so far have not had any NoSignal errors. Strangely, I dont get NoSignal problems on the Dahua NVR608.

Option to Restart is:

1680524110893.png

mephisto_uk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is anyone using this camera in Blue Iris? I've noticed it often stop responding to Blue Iris and it seems to be performing a soft restart. I've noticed the FPS drops and then it stops responding. I'm running it at 15 FPS, Key 1 (i-frame 15) at 8192 kbit bitrate. Barely any CPU use in blue iris as I do H264 direct to disk. All other 5442 cameras are working just as fine. Just wondering if this is camera or BI related, most likely config related I guess...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is anyone using this camera in Blue Iris? I've noticed it often stop responding to Blue Iris and it seems to be performing a soft restart. I've noticed the FPS drops and then it stops responding. I'm running it at 15 FPS, Key 1 (i-frame 15) at 8192 kbit bitrate. Barely any CPU use in blue iris as I do H264 direct to disk. All other 5442 cameras are working just as fine. Just wondering if this is camera or BI related, most likely config related I guess...
How are you doing on power for your POE switch?

Usually when the FPS drops it is an indicator of a power supply not able to keep up or it is starting to fail or CCA wiring was used.

Or you have Smart Codec or AI Codec on in the camera.

Or the Receive Buffer is too low in BI - make it 40MB.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had a very similar issue with this camera, getting many "NoSignal" errors in BI. I do not have AI Enabled in the camera, just IVS tripwire/intrusion rules because I also use a Dahua NVR. I found that when I switched from using Substream 2 to Substream 1 the problem went away. I also only run all cameras at 10 FPS. I have to believe it's more a way BI polls the camera for a response than it is a network/POE issue. The previous cam on this port, worked fine. I also don't get any errors on the NVR for loss of signal.

mephisto_uk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've a Unifi US-8-60W switch with a CAT6A cable terminated as T568-B (should have used 5E, the damn thing is quite thick), the POE port should be able to hand power at 15W per port. Defo not copper cladding alu cable.

I'll check if I can notice the FPS drop directly connected to web interface of the camera compared to BI, if I notice the camera dropping on the web interface, I'll get a cable tester.

No smart codes involved

1680613936997.png

mephisto_uk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had a very similar issue with this camera, getting many "NoSignal" errors in BI. I do not have AI Enabled in the camera, just IVS tripwire/intrusion rules because I also use a Dahua NVR. I found that when I switched from using Substream 2 to Substream 1 the problem went away. I also only run all cameras at 10 FPS. I have to believe it's more a way BI polls the camera for a response than it is a network/POE issue. The previous cam on this port, worked fine. I also don't get any errors on the NVR for loss of signal.
Exactly same problem I have here with the camera going no signal. I'm trying to compare to web interface. I wonder if this is related to one of those setting like "keep alive" that I know can be problematic with some cameras

mephisto_uk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have substream2 disabled, I only use substream1. I'm using AAC audio at 64k, not sure if that has any effect. I notice a couple of days ago when I was testing 16000+ kbit bitrate this was happening more often. I'll test like that again this evening

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I have substream2 disabled, I only use substream1. I'm using AAC audio at 64k, not sure if that has any effect. I notice a couple of days ago when I was testing 16000+ kbit bitrate this was happening more often. I'll test like that again this evening
Did you try increasing the receive buffer ? Something to try anyway. 20MB is max. you should try according to manual.