Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-PFW5849-A180-E2 - Dual Lens 180 Degree Full Color 4K (8MP Stitched) Camera

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
My first observation is that you do not look as skinny in the Hikvision camera. Hahaha. Also, the Hikvision camera has a wider view. As to the Dahua camera, I would say the 2nd or 3rd one down. Maybe a street view in the front of your house for possibly a better comparison.
Yeah, like I said, the Dah 4096 x 1216 = 3.37:1 is the closest aspect ratio match for sure. I'll do an iPhone capture of my athletic build :) when I do the video

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, like I said, the Dah 4096 x 1216 = 3.37:1 is the closest aspect ratio match for sure. I'll do an iPhone capture of my athletic build :) when I do the video
You can also see how Hik loaded the bases in their favor with the bigger unit, gives more room for lens separation and less need for such a sharp angle BUT that comes with tradeoffs too that the Dahua does very well in providing answers for

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks @Wildcat_1 's compare, we always welcome a fair compare for our cams and hikvision.
For the ePTZ function on a wide area, we also made a video to show how it's tracking on people and car. It's a very useful function. Wildcat also made a great video for the ePTZ, we do some more to make another video.

Last edited:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks @Wildcat_1 's compare, we always welcome a fair compare for our cams and hikvision.
For the ePTZ function, we also made a long video to show how good this function is, will post it today.
I’ll work on the day video comparison. The E-PTZ I also showed in the original review, how to setup and how to use it

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
is EPTZ only useful when using Dahua NVR it would it be applicable to Blue Iris?
It's useful locally (SD etc) AND on Dahua NVR's at this time. Although not all NVR's have E-PTZ enabled FW yet. I believe we'll see a FW push to shore up those that don't have it in April.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
For the ePTZ function on a wide area, we also made a video to show how it's tracking on people and car. It's a very useful function. Wildcat also made a great video for the ePTZ, we do some more to make another video.

I have to say this quite impressed me. Before I wasn't too sure about this camera especially with the early stitching issues and the lack of clarity away from the centre of the picture.. But having seen how EPTZ works and the improvements from the firmware upgrades to the issues, I almost wish I'd been able to buy oen of these as well as my other cameras. Starting to look very impressive given the relatively good DOF from the 5442 sensor and real best buy recommendation of the future.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I have to say this quite impressed me. Before I wasn't too sure about this camera especially with the early stitching issues and the lack of clarity away from the centre of the picture.. But having seen how EPTZ works and the improvements from the firmware upgrades to the issues, I almost wish I'd been able to buy oen of these as well as my other cameras. Starting to look very impressive given the relatively good DOF from the 5442 sensor and real best buy recommendation of the future.
Yeah E-PTZ is very good once you set it up and does expand the benefits and use cases of the camera. I’m glad to see the FW bugs and enhancements were integrated for the most part and has made this a more solid camera. There are a couple of issues I’m still chasing but it will get there :)

jayson436

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah E-PTZ is very good once you set it up and does expand the benefits and use cases of the camera. I’m glad to see the FW bugs and enhancements were integrated for the most part and has made this a more solid camera. There are a couple of issues I’m still chasing but it will get there :)
Do we know which NVRs will get ePTZ? I have two 5832 4kS2 and they don't appear to have any ePTZ support that I can tell. I was able to get the ePTZ working locally for the T180 using a Windows browser but that's not much use to me since the NVR is how I monitor cams.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Do we know which NVRs will get ePTZ? I have two 5832 4kS2 and they don't appear to have any ePTZ support that I can tell. I was able to get the ePTZ working locally for the T180 using a Windows browser but that's not much use to me since the NVR is how I monitor cams.
I haven’t seen E-PTZ FW yet on the 5832 as to be fair it is a newer feature to the NVR, released on cam first.

I have seen the E-PTZ beta for the now EOL 5216, also an early version for the 52xx I/L and believe we’ll see it for the new 52xx EI (this years model) so that is a span of Wizsense & Wizmind units. Whether we see backports to other models now they’re EOL will be interesting to see. My push will be to have Dahua dev at least support N-1 in terms of current + previous model year based on when this cam came out and NVRs available then. Will keep you all updated when I see the next beta FW to test in April.

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A bit late to delving more into my pair of 180 cams. I was trying to set this up but couldn't see how to make it work in BI - or is this only for NVR's?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A bit late to delving more into my pair of 180 cams. I was trying to set this up but couldn't see how to make it work in BI - or is this only for NVR's?
As of now it is only available in NVRs that support it (not many) or the SD card. Not sure if BI will support it as it is so niche at the moment.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
As of now it is only available in NVRs that support it (not many) or the SD card. Not sure if BI will support it as it is so niche at the moment.
We'll have to ask Ken for support as I think these cameras could become very popular now.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes as I mentioned before, E-PTZ metadata is saved and can be used by the SD card and/or Dahua NVRs with E-PTZ (those that do and will in the future as mentioned).

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Doe’s anyone know why when I try to draw trip wire it only allowing 3 points? Also, I can’t get ePTZ display mode to work. It just stays 1 frame . And what is the plug-in it wants me to download. Web plugin.exe (virus detected)

Last edited:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
All, as promised here is the 'revisit' video. Specifically this focuses on day comparison to the Hik camera + critically focuses on the aspect ratio differences between the cameras and shows you the new resolutions offered by the latest Dahua FW. Created at 5120 x 1800 to accommodate all resolutions & aspect ratios offered. As always, remember to select 4K for best quality on YouTube. I will also add this to the original posts for easy reference. Timestamps added as this is a longer video.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Doe’s anyone know why when I try to draw trip wire it only allowing 3 points? Also, I can’t get ePTZ display mode to work. It just stays 1 frame . And what is the plug-in it wants me to download. Web plugin.exe (virus detected)
Does anyone know why when I try to draw trip wire it only allowing 3 points?
Which browser are you using ?

Also, I can’t get ePTZ display mode to work. It just stays 1 frame
When you say 1 frame (you meant full screen as oppose to quadrant ? Same question as above but if using IE (or IE compatible mode) then take a look at my original video where I show E-PTZ and how to enable it as well as setup the quadrant(s) layout that you want. Also remember that E-PTZ will only work for SD card footage OR if you have a 52xx with beta FW currently, no other NVR platform or middleware.

And what is the plug-in it wants me to download. Web plugin.exe (virus detected)
This is the plugin to allow video playback/live view in browser + critically the E-PTZ configuration too

HTH