Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HFW5449T1-ASE+D2 - Dual Lens Full Color 2.0

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Quick update here for those interested in cost. I'm hearing this will be around the $230 mark initially. Tweaks are still being made on different versions of this cam so I'm awaiting an update on FW so I can test and then will post a new update here

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes I was surprised. Don't get me wrong, still a fixed lens but with the tech behind it and dual lens config it really isn't an astronomical price when you consider the application of a cam like this and what it can help solve.
Wildcat-1, did you confirm this specification on the close focus distance? I do not remember.

2.8mm - 2m (6.6ft)
3.6mm - 2m (6.6ft)
6mm - 2.5m (8.2ft)

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Quick update here for those interested in cost. I'm hearing this will be around the $230 mark initially. Tweaks are still being made on different versions of this cam so I'm awaiting an update on FW so I can test and then will post a new update here
Can I order 2 please. One 3.6mm and one 6mm. Thanks :)

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Wildcat-1, did you confirm this specification on the close focus distance? I do not remember.

2.8mm - 2m (6.6ft)
3.6mm - 2m (6.6ft)
6mm - 2.5m (8.2ft)

@Parley I hadn’t posted that yet so let me answer it now :)

Yes I can confirm that these specs are accurate. In a single lens system a 2.8 could have a super close focus point but Dual Fusion tech relies heavily on alignment of both lenses and If you bring this too close or on the flip side focus this too far out, the harder it is to stitch accurately while still ending up with a usable aligned image. Hence there is a critical focus point or sweet spot where both lenses are aligned to ensure both of these requirements are met lead to an optimal cap.

Therefore all 3 cams are set very close in lens adjustment due to the requirements I mention above. Since the 2.8mm and 3.6 are so close in focal length these were dialed into the same Close Focus distance for optimal use at 6.6ft. The 6mm focused slightly further out as expected due to lens but still (in comparison to the approx 12ft you’d normally expect from a 6mm) is relatively close at 8.2 ft to ensure the tech works well in that config as too.

HTH

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wonder if these cams are best for places with marginal lighting? I've upgraded all my perimeter lighting so I can run all my 5442's in full color at 1/120 sec at night pretty nicely. I do see a nice difference with the 5442's in your split screen comparisons though. Would really like a turret though as they don't scream "camera" as much....

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And to confirm, this has a built-in mic? Didn't think the bullets had mics in them generally...

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes I was surprised. Don't get me wrong, still a fixed lens but with the tech behind it and dual lens config it really isn't an astronomical price when you consider the application of a cam like this and what it can help solve.
I'd be very surprised if there's ever a varifocal for this camera. The varifocal control for both lenses would have to be so precise to keep both lenses perfectly aligned that I doubt it's either possible or if it is, economic to achieve. It would also have to be so good as not to suffer drift over time. I imagine these will probably always be fixed focal length because of the limitations of alignment. Pleased to be proven wrong though.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
So what is the benefit of this camera versus normal single lens models?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So what is the benefit of this camera versus normal single lens models?
The benefit was something we really were not expecting and also points out a limitation in some fields of view if you force a camera to color at night.

Here is the side-by-side with the current king 5442 in color:

1634356441766.png

Not only does it have a brighter image, but a limitation with running color on the 5442 is when someone gets close to the camera and possibly in front of the light that allows color, this dual camera will then pick up the person with IR and go B/W.

1634356531669.png