Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HFW5449T1-ASE+D2 - Dual Lens Full Color 2.0

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if there's ever a varifocal for this camera. The varifocal control for both lenses would have to be so precise to keep both lenses perfectly aligned that I doubt it's either possible or if it is, economic to achieve. It would also have to be so good as not to suffer drift over time. I imagine these will probably always be fixed focal length because of the limitations of alignment. Pleased to be proven wrong though.
Agreed, I definitely see the Full Color 4K being a varifocal in time but this dual lens would be nigh on impossible to have 2 lenses aligned through a varifocal range. That and even if it was possible, would be more expensive.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Suprised as there isn't a lens shortage I'm aware of. Maybe Dahua are concentrating the chips they have on producing their most popular models and I'm guessing 3.6mm is probably the best selling focal length at that.

Still looks like a worthwhile cameras though for anyone who can ustilise a 3.6mm lens.

dnns

n3wb
Reaction score
Is this the Same like IPC-HFW5449T1-ZE-LED, i found on the Website?

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How does this compare with the IPC-Color4K-X in in near complete darkness with no illumination from either camera?

Reactions: bfc