Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

Reaction score
The new firmware is a huge improvement. I don't have the issue anymore where I had pixelation and artifacting around moving objects. I also set the time profile to switch between day/night and that appears to be working fine (I remember reading some people were having issues with it). With the old firmware, the camera was practically unusable. We this firmware, I'm ready to buy more of them lol.

My only complaint is if you enable WDR, it makes the picture look a little washed out and dull (My current setting is at 25). Maybe @Wildcat_1 might have some input on this?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How low can you drop the WDR? Most of us have found that as low as 4 can make a big difference.

raidflex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
PFB205W is the standard one, but some guys use PFB203W also work.
Would this be fine mounting to vinyl siding? I was just going to secure it right into the wood through the siding or is there better options?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Andy sent me a few weeks back a beta firmware update to try and after running it a few weeks and testing it, I think many of the video issues people experienced is much better mitigated.

The white spots in extremely low light is still there, but greatly reduced in the number. I think the video quality appears to be a little better as well.

Reaction score
Can't seem to get Blue Iris to run monitor/video or recording without stuttering.

Running System Version:3.120.0000000.2.RBuild Date:2022-10-21.

live view on IE looks great but when vieweing through Blue Iris it stutters like crazy. Task manager on the Blue Iris machine is not reaching max performance. CPU around 8%. Have direct to disk setup as well

Noticed in blue iris status can't get Key to 1.0.
1670113264378.png

1670113305230.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can't seem to get Blue Iris to run monitor/video or recording without stuttering.

Running System Version:3.120.0000000.2.RBuild Date:2022-10-21.

live view on IE looks great but when vieweing through Blue Iris it stutters like crazy. Task manager on the Blue Iris machine is not reaching max performance. CPU around 8%. Have direct to disk setup as well

Noticed in blue iris status can't get Key to 1.0.
View attachment 147318

View attachment 147319
Match FPS and iframe, so make them both 15 in main and substream.

Turn off HA globally and at the camera level in BI.

Try compression at just plain H264.

Are your cameras going thru a router or do you have them isolated from your internet via either dual NIC or VLANs?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Any idea how these cameras would perform if they came with IR built into them?

TallPaul

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I believe they are not IR sensitive, or have an IR filter to improve the non-IR performance, so badly I would assume!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I believe he means if they added the ability for it to see infrared lol.

I suspect that if they document a ton of returns because people are naive and think these types of cameras are magic and defy physics, they may rebrand them to not be called full color type cameras and add IR capabilities.

I suspect though a problem they experienced and probably why they haven't yet is that anything close is probably washed out and not even smart IR has been able to account for it.

These things don't need much light, but do need light, and I suspect it is hard to dial these in for infrared or take a lot more tweaking.

Reaction score
Match FPS and iframe, so make them both 15 in main and substream.

Turn off HA globally and at the camera level in BI.

Try compression at just plain H264.

Are your cameras going thru a router or do you have them isolated from your internet via either dual NIC or VLANs?
did all the above now i do get the key to 1 but lag is still awful.
All my cameras go to 24 port gigabit switch. So does Pfsense router and BI machine. Have rules in Pfsense to block all cam to WAN.

tedrpi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys, is there any word on a new firmware update to fix the profile schedule/day/night settings issues. Currently the cam is either useless in the night or useless in the day, I cant have it both ways, if i set it up for minimum shutter speed at night, then when daylight comes, the camera whites out/overexposed. And if i set it up for daytime exposure settings, when it gets darker, the image becomes black. So temporarily, i've left it on auto, where i have useable footage during the day, but night footage can get a bit blurry. I've tried multiple factory defaults, used both firefox and explorer, dleted caches from both, and still no luck with having the day/night settings work properly.
Were you able to figure out how to change the day/night profiles? I'm using the BI PTZ preset on-call functionality with all my other camera's. I can send the HTTP request w/o issue, BI shows as successful, but the camera doesnt change profiles. Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Were you able to figure out how to change the day/night profiles? I'm using the BI PTZ preset on-call functionality with all my other camera's. I can send the HTTP request w/o issue, BI shows as successful, but the camera doesnt change profiles. Thanks
I assume you tried the commands from this post below as the API is different for this camera than other Dahua cams:

tedrpi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I assume you tried the commands from this post below as the API is different for this camera than other Dahua cams:

D'oh, missed that in the thread, updated my API call in BI to reflect your post. Thanks.

d5775927

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Regarding IPC-Color4K-T, is PFA122 mount a good fit ?
I don't know the exact model (to check in the mount catalog).

TallPaul

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Regarding IPC-Color4K-T, is PFA122 mount a good fit ?
I don't know the exact model (to check in the mount catalog).
Here is the date sheet: IPC-Colour4K-T Data Sheet

It says PFA-130E, I believe from other reviews any camera that lists this also fits the PFA122 as the mounting is the same, in fact I think Wildcat or one of the other reviewers recommends it as you can easily switch the cam with the face plate?