Worked fine - then went Direct-to-Disk and now image corruption when there is movement...

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We have already been through this in another thread. I posted screenshots and everything. Why do you say I refuse to post screenshots?

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't know how it is the same. I was initially running 30fps but have it set to 15fps for now so maybe thats why. I do not have SD cards installed in any of my cameras. All cameras are basically all set to defaults other than disabling sub-stream and matching fps and iframe interval.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Same with me... almost all fixes tried and issue not resolved. Only thing I did not do, and won't do, is reinstall the OS or change to Win10. This was a fresh install of Win7x64 last year specifically for BI.. nothing else runs on the system or was installed on the system.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know how it is the same. I was initially running 30fps but have it set to 15fps for now so maybe thats why. I do not have SD cards installed in any of my cameras. All cameras are basically all set to defaults other than disabling sub-stream and matching fps and iframe interval.
Windows 10 runs great..try it...refusing to try a solution simply hurts you, no one else.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am running Win10x64 and bonsey is running Win7x64.
try using find inspect instead of dahua rtsp so it pulls the onvif profile. There are also several encode modes on the dahua camera try them all.

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
try using find inspect instead of dahua rtsp so it pulls the onvif profile. There are also several encode modes on the dahua camera try them all.
Ok...I have not tried that yet so I went ahead and made the changes and re-enabled direct-to-disk. Find/Inspect did find the onvif path. I checked my encode modes on the camera and all i have is h.264, h.264h, and mjpeg. As far as I know I dont want to use 264h or mjpeg so I dont think I have any other options there. Unfortunately still experiencing the problem.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok...I have not tried that yet so I went ahead and made the changes and re-enabled direct-to-disk. Find/Inspect did find the onvif path. I checked my encode modes on the camera and all i have is h.264, h.264h, and mjpeg. As far as I know I dont want to use 264h or mjpeg so I dont think I have any other options there. Unfortunately still experiencing the problem.
Did you test with h.264h?

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you test with h.264h?
I switched over to 264h and restarted everything and I still see the ghosting. I cant find the post right now but I believe I was told to make sure I was not running 264h. If I remember correctly I was running 264h so I switched over to h264 at that time.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I switched over to 264h and restarted everything and I still see the ghosting. I cant find the post right now but I believe I was told to make sure I was not running 264h. If I remember correctly I was running 264h so I switched over to h264 at that time.
Yes, generally you should not...Its called troubleshooting..

Clegg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey there, I've been out and havent had time to troubleshoot this for a month or so. But I added another camera so I have to make sure I can get Direct to Disk working.

The only thing I didnt do so far was set the machine to high performance, I am trying that setting now (I thought it was before...). so we'll see. I've actually disabled windows defender from the Win 10 install completely to avoid that issue.

One thing I've found is it is directly correlating to the iFrame interval. Everytime my Hikvision cameras hit the iframe interval I get a broken frame/corruption in the video recording. I changed it to 2x the frame rate and I see the break up every 2 seconds now vs 1 second on high motion.

I've also tested main and high profile and neither changes the results... really I've tried virtually every setting and nothing has changed the results.

Clegg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So... just for the hell of it, I knocked the iframe count down to 5 frames (15 frame rate on the feed) and .... I dont see any ghosting or corruption in the video now viewing the web feed... but I still see some on the mobile app and in the actual BI console itself...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
disable RTSP Timecodes and Keepalive?

if you run netstat -s from cmd.exe do you have any interface errors or discarded packets?

a damaged/poor cable going to the BI Server or a cheap ass NIC could result in iframes being dropped and corrupting the video stream.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm getting the ghosting/corruption only on the recordings, no issues with live view, mobile app or web viewing. Nothing has resolved it accept for switching back to "re-encode" under the recording options.

Clegg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
disable RTSP Timecodes and Keepalive?

if you run netstat -s from cmd.exe do you have any interface errors or discarded packets?

a damaged/poor cable going to the BI Server or a cheap ass NIC could result in iframes being dropped and corrupting the video stream.

I'll try the disabling the RTSP/Keepalives. A Netstat -S shows a pretty clean network. The entire house network is brand new run CAT6A that each link was tested to 10GB speeds. So I think a 8Mbit data stream over a 1GB connection shouldn't be pushing it too hard.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll try the disabling the RTSP/Keepalives. A Netstat -S shows a pretty clean network. The entire house network is brand new run CAT6A that each link was tested to 10GB speeds. So I think a 8Mbit data stream over a 1GB connection shouldn't be pushing it too hard.
have you tried using one of the hikvision rtsp options instead of generic?

Clegg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yep switched to that yesterday. I also was looking at a switch setting and enabled flowcontrol on the port. It shouldn't be an issue since the data is coming from a 100mb port to a 1GB port (flowcontrol generally works with data going the other way to avoid overloading buffers on the slower devices).

No CRC errors or anything on any of the ports either. I knocked the bitrate down to 6144 now to see if that changes anything.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
keep the rtsp timecode for hikvision cameras..they work fine with it enabled.