IPCT What did you get for Christmas?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
So I only got another 75 through it today, had a buddy I was working with.. to date 300 by me and the 50 by the student so far so good not a single hiccup. This little thing shoots like a much bigger gun. Very easy to control.

Mozambiques at 7

And a drill I like to start the session with, my 320C EDC (7yds)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Unfortunately I didnt get a pic, yeah there is slight drag, but doesnt seem out of the ordinary for small semi-auto's to me. Have a 40 yo PPK/s that shows the same type of drag and still shoots fine. I know of 3 being shot in BUG class at my local IDPA match, have yet to see a malfunction. There's a 62 page thread on pistol-forum.com (notoriously anti-Sig IMHO esp since the passing of ToddG) and if you follow it, you'll surmise that post July production isnt experiencing any real issues other than some occasional bad tritium in some front sights.

Find me a handgun that has 0 complaints and I'll buy 2! Search for "problems with Glock 42 or 43".....

I did have one issue of not going back into battery,.......... but when I moved my thumb off the slide all worked as expected :D I shoot all Lawman 147gr and have for years as after 50,000+ rounds Ive never had one not go Bang. I did put 2 mags of Gold Dot 124+P through it without any drama.

Yo know how the Interwebs works, especially anything Sig, they cant WAIT to find something wrong. I think its amplified with Sig as many are so emotionally invested in Brand X, its the brand many love to hate! Meanwhile they keep getting bigger and winning more LE/Mil contracts. Shame on Sig for making something other than their traditional DA/SA guns, I mean what nerve ;)

I recall being told by the Interwebs that my P320 would explode in my hand and that the world didnt need another striker gun :rolleyes: 25,000 rounds and lots of competition later, all with Lawman 147 full loads, it still gets the job done :)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
NIce! Thanks @bigredfish
I have a Springfield XDM 5.25 I use for IDPA, after probably 30k rounds through it, it's never had an issue that wasn't my fault. I shoot my own 147gr reloads.
The Glock fan boys like to hate on everything non-glock.
Love my Sig P226 Extreme.

I've seen it on the range many times, some of the problems complained about with Gun A, is a lot of times user error. Not the guns fault at all.

I love Clint Smith's take on it!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's called a holiday season, so I figure that means I can still buy things under that banner for a few more days.

After borrowing a Milwaukee Hackzall, I decided I needed something similar. With some coupons and gift cards, I bought a Bosch PS60-102 kit for $30. I was more interested in a Milwaukee or DeWalt, but I couldn't get nearly as good a deal, and I'm sure the Bosch will work fine for me. If you haven't used one of these, they're really handy for drywall work, cutting pipe, and other jobs that would be awkward with a full size reciprocating saw.
They are nice...used to have a Sawzall before I left CA and probably $1K worth of tools when I left the state after my divorce (there's only so much you can pack into a '99 Ford Ranger).

I'm sure you know this...like a backhoe can "locate" all kinds of underground utilities, that saw will do equally well in "locating" wiring, pipes and ducts behind walls and ceilings....if you get my drift. :facepalm: