IPCT What did you get for Christmas?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No recipe bro...she makes most of this stuff up on the fly...she says..."Brussels sprouts, salt, garlic salt, turkey bacon, mushrooms 'cut up real small', garlic oil and a few sun-dried tomatoes."
Thanks, man. My wife is VERY good at looking at pix and with the ingredients you listed I have no doubt she can do it. Thanks again, enjoy what's left of this Christmas day.

DROOL AGAIN ...:lmao:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I got a Google Home and so far since I got it Alexa has not been able to answer 2 of my questions while the Google Home could. However, it doesnt look like there is integration for my Vera with the Google Home which sucks, but Vera also sucks so I may upgrade.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I received a new cam yesterday from Andy to test , does that count? :)
Free cameras from "Andy Claus" in return for your reviews...Hell yes that counts more than any other gift here!
Which cam you reviewing this time?

My wife was not sure what to get me for Christmas...."luckily" my garage door opener called it quits about a week ago and made her purchase decision easier.

What I really wanted though was a PFW8800N-A180 4*2MP bullet camera so I can overview my whole back yard at once. It was not meant to be I guess. :embarrassed:

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there reason to believe v5 will be released shortly? I'll be buying before long.
My hopes were based on a post @bp2008 made in another thread.
Historically I believe there have never been any license checks in the update installer so I'm guessing you would still be able to get BI 4 updates from here: Blue Iris Updates However BI has a tradition of updating major versions on or around December 25th which is just a few weeks away now, so it is possible there will be no further BI 4 updates anyway before the release of BI 5.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
:headbang:
You will have to send me a Mini-Review, please. Been waiting for Sig to iron out the kinks.
What do you think of the bang switch? You've tried it right? Come'on, say you've tried it already. :wave:
Actually a student shot it for an CWL class I taught just before the fat guy came, but I only got 2 quick mags through it that day. Trigger is surprisingly good for such a little pistol. I mean its not a 1911, a bit long, but no stacking at all, smooth and breaks just before you expect it to.. Will run a couple of hundred through it later today and let ya know.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Actually a student shot it for an CWL class I taught just before the fat guy came, but I only got 2 quick mags through it that day. Trigger is surprisingly good for such a little pistol. I mean its not a 1911, a bit long, but no stacking at all, smooth and breaks just before you expect it to.. Will run a couple of hundred through it later today and let ya know.
You'll shoot your eye out! YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No tech gadgets, but I did pick up a Sig P365 which I hope to break in Thursday
Christmas of last year, I got my wife (she was 64 then) a Remington RM380. I got it because it was easy for to her rack the slide; she could not rack other popular small, pocket 380's, tried several....not enough hand strength. Mouse guns have very strong springs to offset for their small mass and help produce needed recoil to eject, cock, etc....you know how it works.

Well, since then the arthritis in my left thumb and the carpal tunnel in the 3 middle fingers off my right hand (shooting hand) have gotten so bad I'm in the same boat, albeit for a different reason. So I picked one up for myself this summer...nice shooting for a pocketable "mouse" gun. All metal, no sharp edges, smooth pull from a pocket holster....and made up the road about 75 miles in Huntsville.

In the controlled, comfortable surroundings of a shooting range or my back yard (6.5 acres) it's not pleasant to intentionally rack a slide on anything, although if in a life-or-death situation, I imagine adrenaline and panic would offset any pain in my hands and fingers.....I honestly hope I never find out.

When we walk the dogs up the road (we're in the middle of a National Forest area), I carry my Bersa Thunder Pro 9mm, but it's WAY too big for concealed carry. It's a tad easier to rack it's slide, mainly because you've got a lot more slide to hang onto and it's nicely checkered for grip.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Christmas of last year, I got my wife (she was 64 then) a Remington RM380. I got it because it was easy for to her rack the slide; she could not rack other popular small, pocket 380's, tried several....not enough hand strength. Mouse guns have very strong springs to offset for their small mass and help produce needed recoil to eject, cock, etc....you know how it works.

Well, since then the arthritis in my left thumb and the carpal tunnel in the 3 middle fingers off my right hand (shooting hand) have gotten so bad I'm in the same boat, albeit for a different reason. So I picked one up for myself this summer...nice shooting for a pocketable "mouse" gun. All metal, no sharp edges, smooth pull from a pocket holster....and made up the road about 75 miles in Huntsville.

In the controlled, comfortable surroundings of a shooting range or my back yard (6.5 acres) it's not pleasant to intentionally rack a slide on anything, although if in a life-or-death situation, I imagine adrenaline and panic would offset any pain in my hands and fingers.....I honestly hope I never find out.

When we walk the dogs up the road (we're in the middle of a National Forest area), I carry my Bersa Thunder Pro 9mm, but it's WAY too big for concealed carry. It's a tad easier to rack it's slide, mainly because you've got a lot more slide to hang onto and it's nicely checkered for grip.
Well that sucks @TonyR. The LCP II has alleviated much of that issue. Glocks don't like me, the grip angle is wrong, but for mouse guns, a Glock 42 is very nice to shoot. As far as racking the slide, a female that has that issue, my advice is who cares. The weapon should be loaded and ready to go, at a moments notice, always. In the heat of the moment, you won't notice or care about the recoil or anything else. Rarely does a civilian encounter, involve a reload. That's how my wife gets around the racking the slide issue.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
. The weapon should be loaded and ready to go, at a moments notice, always. In the heat of the moment, you won't notice or care about the recoil or anything else. Rarely does a civilian encounter, involve a reload. That's how my wife gets around the racking the slide issue.
True, but many semi-autos won't restrike if a round is a dud, you'll have to rack it to cock it again to retry, which would eject that round also. One may also have to rack the slide with a FTE or stovepipe, which can happen if fired with a limp wrist, especially a small gun with low mass.

If I was unable to rack the slide on any semi-auto, I'd be carrying a revolver. I don't want to be standing there with a sheepish grin on my face after a resounding "click".

FWIW, the RM380 has no safety, it carries 6 + 1 in the chamber and it has restrike capability....it's ready to go "bang".

Last edited:

DesertRat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
True, but many semi-autos won't restrike if a round is a dud, you'll have to rack it to cock it again to retry, which would eject that round also. One may also have to rack the slide with a FTE or stovepipe, which can happen if fired with a limp wrist, especially a small gun with low mass.

If I was unable to rack the slide on any semi-auto, I'd be carrying a revolver. I don't want to be standing there with a sheepish grin on my face after a resounding "click".

FWIW, the RM380 has no safety, it carries 6 + 1 in the chamber and it has restrike capability....it's ready to go "bang".
My 4'10" mini-wife successfully racks her G26 using this technique:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
More tomorrow with video, but you both need to look HARD at the P365... 9mm mouse gun that carries 12+1 and shoots like its bigger brothers

Sig day with the P320F (my IDPA gun), P320C my EDC, and the new baby brother P365 BUG... 200 flawless rounds today, another 200 tomorrow if the rain holds off..

Sigs.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My 4'10" mini-wife successfully racks her G26 using this technique:
Great video!

This is a great technique and she has tried this also without much success....she's also 4' 10" but is 65 with arthritis in fingers of both hands.
I have an Honor Guard 9mm with extensive, I mean extensive checkering on both sides AND both ends of the slide and she can't rack it with any technique, not even without ammo. But she can do the RM380.....so that's what she carries.