Wall of shame

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep and that rg11 is metal on metal contact!
Ya, I have seen some shady Spectrum work over the years, They use contractors quite a bit, usually the trained line guys are pretty good. I worked with a contractor from them one time and we got bullshitting, he has a small metal recycling business along with a plumbing business and a Antique shop... Go figure.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ya, I have seen some shady Spectrum work over the years, They use contractors quite a bit, usually the trained line guys are pretty good. I worked with a contractor from them one time and we got bullshitting, he has a small metal recycling business along with a plumbing business and a Antique shop... Go figure.
I see the phone guys cutting the coax cable guys cable every time the come over .. is this standard practice ?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Saw this in the basement of an apartment block.

View attachment 181635
Dang, that's a bunch of $$$$ for Hikvision boxes just to stand that thing off. My first thought was that the image was PhotoShopped but in my non-expert analysis each box looks unique and no funny pixels at any places. :idk:

Snapper30

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like the loop on the insulator is actually a preformed dead end grip for securing guy wires. BUT, it appears the grip is wrapped around one of the electrical wires? Unless there is a guy wire out of the frame.
The grips have a grit inside the twists to hold the guy cable securely, so I can only imagine what the grit is doing to the insulation on the electrical wire. Especially when the wind blows as @TonyR mentioned.