Wall of shame

Snapper30

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I thought the first pic was from a Transformer movie, clawing through the steel to escape.

At least the moisture traps on the cables should work well! Talk about drip loops...

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not remotely camera related or sure what made me remember this horror of my youth. However, I do hope you enjoy the following recipe:
Summer Camp Pizza:
  • 1 slice leftover french toast from breakfast
  • 1 scoop spaghetti sauce from dinner the night before with a few stray noodles
  • place a slice of american cheese / rancid string cheese pulled apart on top (try to remember to remove the plastic)
  • bake at 500 degrees until crunchy, remove before fully blackened

Last edited:

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Not remotely camera related or sure what made me remember this horror of my youth. However, I do hope you enjoy the following recipe:
Summer Camp Pizza:
  • place a slice of american cheese / rancid string cheese pulled apart on top (try to remember to remove the plastic)
I would think that prerequisites of a "Summer Camp" recipe demands the inclusion of a sugary component. Maybe that is just on TV & movies :lol:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would think that prerequisites of a "Summer Camp" recipe demands the inclusion of a sugary component. Maybe that is just on TV & movies :lol:
You're right some pieces of the french toast had powered sugar or syrup on them. Thankfully they had a station where you could fix yourself a PBJ at any meal. This meal they ran out of bread.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Summer Camp Pizza:
Reminds me of the 60's Alan Sherman song "Camp Granada"... :winktongue:

"You remember
Leonard Skinner
He got Ptomaine poisoning last night after dinner ..."

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd guess aimed at different fuel pumps. Gas station camera installs seem to either look fairly professional or like a 10 year old did them with very little middle ground.
You're probably right but I would think those Lorex cams are 2.8 or 4mm and with them looking from 30 to 50 ft. from the building to the pumps it wouldn't make much of a difference; 1 cam sees 3 pumps, I'd think....but only that "professionaL installer" knows! :highfive:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You're probably right but I would think those Lorex cams are 2.8 or 4mm and with them looking from 30 to 50 ft. from the building to the pumps it wouldn't make much of a difference; 1 cam sees 3 pumps, I'd think....but only that "professionaL installer" knows! :highfive:
Absolutely. It's not hard to imagine a requirement given to gas station franchisees by corporate or their merchant account to have a camera monitoring each fuel pump without regard for things like enough detail to recognize someone's face or read a license plate. The result is the franchisee buys whatever they can at costco to attempt to meet the requirements they're given and pays their nephew $100 to "install" it. The corporate owned locations are likely some of the ones with better camera installs.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Absolutely. It's not hard to imagine a requirement given to gas station franchisees by corporate or their merchant account to have a camera monitoring each fuel pump without regard for things like enough detail to recognize someone's face or read a license plate. The result is the franchisee buys whatever they can at costco to attempt to meet the requirements they're given and pays their nephew $100 to "install" it. The corporate owned locations are likely some of the ones with better camera installs.
At least they didn't attempt an amateur install of cams on the actual fuel island using conventional cams and wiring.....but that was likely only because their pre-made wires were too short and not the result of understanding why they should not do it. :cool:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
At least they didn't attempt an amateur install of cams on the actual fuel island using conventional cams and wiring.....but that was likely only because their pre-made wires were too short and not the result of understanding why they should not do it. :cool:
I have encountered really bad installs at fuel islands, usually with wifi cams. Unless it's a rural / remote location I drive off and find a different gas station that takes pump security more seriously and still managed to get a credit card skimmed at a gas station last year.