Using IP Webcam with Blue Iris

chas1376

n3wb
Reaction score
try: make/model:mjpeg stream path:/video
you may also need port number,get it in router setting:port forwarding.

Reaction score
Sorry to open an old thread, but when I try this, I cannot select the image size manually in BI. It's greyed out, under Image Format, on the Video tab. Anyone have any ideas? BI version 4.4.1.3

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to open an old thread, but when I try this, I cannot select the image size manually in BI. It's greyed out, under Image Format, on the Video tab. Anyone have any ideas? BI version 4.4.1.3
You have to enable the anamorphic option just below the resolutions, if you want BI to scale the incoming video to the resolution you choose.

If you can, you should be setting the image size in the camera's interface/options, not in BI.

If this is a USB camera, you can probably set the resolution via BI but not on the page you are looking at. Try clicking Advanced when you are on the Video tab. Or Right click the camera and choose "Hardware property pages" at the bottom of the context menu.

Reaction score
Unfortunately I didn't realize this thread went so offtopic initially. Thanks whoever started babbling about another camera. I'm using an Android tablet with the IP Webcam app. Tried /video and /videofeed, no success. Reports a 404 error. Web interface works fine though. Forcing the resolution didn't change anything except the thumbnail size. There's also no user and password set (nor does it seem like you can...) Maybe this just isn't supported anymore?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I didn't realize this thread went so offtopic initially. Thanks whoever started babbling about another camera. I'm using an Android tablet with the IP Webcam app. Tried /video and /videofeed, no success. Reports a 404 error. Web interface works fine though. Forcing the resolution didn't change anything except the thumbnail size. There's also no user and password set (nor does it seem like you can...) Maybe this just isn't supported anymore?
I have used that app before. It isn't very complicated. You do need to set the resolution in the IP Webcam app itself, and when you give Blue Iris the "/videofeed" URL, it needs to be a generic MJPEG stream camera type.

Reaction score
Thanks, I got it working. For some reason I could not for the life of me figure out how to get into settings on the app. Reinstalled it and it's fine now!

sudo

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone know how to get the audio feed working in blue iris? Video feed works fine just no audio.

Thx