US Elections (& Politics) :)

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
While I don't like this Asshat in charge I think the bigger picture here is this was going to happen whenever we were to withdraw. They were literally ready to go.. That means both sides had NO idea what they were doing at all.. Or didn't give a fuck..
Hi Boris,

There is no way the Afghanistan government and it's military did not know what will happen when all the critical USA military, logistics, intelligence, and political support would be taken away and leave them hanging in the wind.

There is no way the US Military did not know what was possible, same with US intelligence, and same with US Government.

They all knew this is a reasonable possibility that the opponent ( Taliban ) which we have kept in fighting condition for the last 20 years, and which was gaining ground while we ( USA ) were in the game, would overwhelm our former teammate when we abandoned the playing field.

This was completely expected when the key players and coach leave the team ...

Remember the Afghan military has iirc lost 50k so far in this game .. and now the critical force balancers are gone.

The part that is really screwy .. is not all of Afghanistan wants to be run by the Taliban ( Tribal / Ethnic groups are different ) - and now the Taliban is very well armed to attack them.

Summary: Biden and his team knew what would happen .. and now they are going to scapegoat the US Military and others for this choice.

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
While I don't like this Asshat in charge I think the bigger picture here is this was going to happen whenever we were to withdraw. They were literally ready to go.. That means both sides had NO idea what they were doing at all.. Or didn't give a fuck..
I am not sure I agree with that. Just my opinion but I think a withdrawal would have been a lot better managed under President Trump. I am quite sure he would hot have left all of that equipment behind for one thing and leaving that many American citizens to fend for themselves. Even Germany is questioning what he did which in itself is amazing.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am not sure I agree with that. Just my opinion but I think a withdrawal would have been a lot better managed under President Trump. I am quite sure he would hot have left all of that equipment behind for one thing and leaving that many American citizens to fend for themselves. Even Germany is questioning what he did which in itself is amazing.
Indeed Germany is now planning to build a stronger military force as they can not trust the USA ..

Reaction score
...... I think a withdrawal would have been a lot better managed under President Trump. I am quite sure he would hot have left all of that equipment behind for one thing and leaving that many American citizens to fend for themselves. Even Germany is questioning what he did which in itself is amazing.
Hell, Beavis and Butthead could have done a better job than this putz did!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Taliban will go after the former Northern Alliance now .. not gonna be good for the Northern Alliance now that the Taliban is armed with all these newly acquired weapons / weapons systems.

Map of the 1996 Northern Alliance territory ..
1629403425975.png

Note: Ahmad Shah Massoud, then aged 48, was the target of an assassination plot at Khwājah Bahā ud Dīn (Khvājeh Bahāuḏḏīn[124]), in Takhar Province in northeastern Afghanistan on September 9, 2001 - During the interview, they set off a bomb composed of explosives hidden in the camera and in a battery-pack belt ..
The assassination of Massoud is considered to have a strong connection to the September 11 attacks in 2001 on U.S. soil, which killed nearly 3,000 people. It appeared to have been the major terrorist attack which Massoud had warned against in his speech to the European Parliament several months earlier.

Analysts believe Osama bin Laden ordered Massoud's assassination to help his Taliban protectors and ensure he would have their co-operation in Afghanistan.
ref: Ahmad Shah Massoud - Wikipedia

Opinion: The mujahideen resistance to the Taliban begins now. But we need help.

In December 2001, anti-Taliban Afghan fighters watch explosions from U.S. bombings in the Tora Bora mountains in Afghanistan. (Erik De Castro/Reuters)
Opinion by Ahmad Massoud

Ahmad Massoud is the leader of the National Resistance Front of Afghanistan.

In 1998, when I was 9 years old, my father, the mujahideen commander Ahmad Shah Massoud, gathered his soldiers in a cave in the Panjshir Valley of northern Afghanistan. They sat and listened as my father’s friend, French philosopher Bernard-Henri Lévy, addressed them. “When you fight for your freedom,” Lévy said, “you fight also for our freedom.”

My father never forgot this as he fought against the Taliban regime. Up until the moment he was assassinated on Sept. 9, 2001, at the behest of the Taliban and al-Qaeda, he was fighting for the fate of Afghanistan but also for the West.

Now this common struggle is more essential than ever in these dark, tense hours for my homeland.

I write from the Panjshir Valley today, ready to follow in my father’s footsteps, with mujahideen fighters who are prepared to once again take on the Taliban. We have stores of ammunition and arms that we have patiently collected since my father’s time, because we knew this day might come.

We also have the weapons carried by the Afghans who, over the past 72 hours, have responded to my appeal to join the resistance in Panjshir. We have soldiers from the Afghan regular army who were disgusted by the surrender of their commanders and are now making their way to the hills of Panjshir with their equipment. Former members of the Afghan Special Forces have also joined our struggle.

But that is not enough. If Taliban warlords launch an assault, they will of course face staunch resistance from us. The flag of the National Resistance Front will fly over every position that they attempt to take, as the National United Front flag flew 20 years ago. Yet we know that our military forces and logistics will not be sufficient. They will be rapidly depleted unless our friends in the West can find a way to supply us without delay.

Opinion by David Ignatius | Good intentions and seductive illusions: Scenes from Afghanistan’s long descent

The United States and its allies have left the battlefield, but America can still be a “great arsenal of democracy,” as Franklin D. Roosevelt said when coming to the aid of the beleaguered British before the U.S. entry into World War II.

To that end, I entreat Afghanistan’s friends in the West to intercede for us in Washington and in New York, with Congress and with the Biden administration. Intercede for us in London, where I completed my studies, and in Paris, where my father’s memory was honored this spring by the naming of a pathway for him in the Champs-Élysées gardens.

Know that millions of Afghans share your values. We have fought for so long to have an open society, one where girls could become doctors, our press could report freely, our young people could dance and listen to music or attend soccer matches in the stadiums that were once used by the Taliban for public executions — and may soon be again.

The Taliban is not a problem for the Afghan people alone. Under Taliban control, Afghanistan will without doubt become ground zero of radical Islamist terrorism; plots against democracies will be hatched here once again.

No matter what happens, my mujahideen fighters and I will defend Panjshir as the last bastion of Afghan freedom. Our morale is intact. We know from experience what awaits us.

But we need more weapons, more ammunition and more supplies.

America and its democratic allies do not just have the fight against terrorism in common with Afghans. We now have a long history made up of shared ideals and struggles. There is still much that you can do to aid the cause of freedom. You are our only remaining hope.

ref: ( the Pro-Biden paper .. )

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Boris,

There is no way the Afghanistan government and it's military did not know what will happen when all the critical USA military, logistics, intelligence, and political support would be taken away and leave them hanging in the wind.

There is no way the US Military did not know what was possible, same with US intelligence, and same with US Government.

They all knew this is a reasonable possibility that the opponent ( Taliban ) which we have kept in fighting condition for the last 20 years, and which was gaining ground while we ( USA ) were in the game, would overwhelm our former teammate when we abandoned the playing field.

This was completely expected when the key players and coach leave the team ...

Remember the Afghan military has iirc lost 50k so far in this game .. and now the critical force balancers are gone.

The part that is really screwy .. is not all of Afghanistan wants to be run by the Taliban ( Tribal / Ethnic groups are different ) - and now the Taliban is very well armed to attack them.

Summary: Biden and his team knew what would happen .. and now they are going to scapegoat the US Military and others for this choice.
I get all that. I'm pretty certain if this went down with Trump the Taliban wouldn't have any of the supplies or weapons we left there. I'm pretty certain we would have got all the important people out as well.

I'm just saying I feel the Taliban still would have taken over this fast with the same force.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I agree with you 100%. I'm just saying after equipment and American citizens are taken care of the take over would have happened just as fast.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey good news everyone!!! The taliban is not as bad now as what they used to be. They’ve turned over a new leaf!! Well, at least according to joe dirtbag biden. There is no doubt that he is on another planet right now.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey good news everyone!!! The taliban is not as bad now as what they used to be. They’ve turned over a new leaf!! Well, at least according to joe dirtbag biden. There is no doubt that he is on another planet right now.

Every time Joe Biden opens his mouth he just confirms what we are all thinking. The man has no business being President. Everyone around him knows that including his enabling wife.

Reaction score
This came to me in an email from Dan Crenshaw. It is a good read.

Biden's Enormous Blunder​

This oped by Dan Crenshaw was published in the August 18th print edition of The Wall Street Journal

Almost everyone agrees that what’s happening in Afghanistan is an unmitigated disaster. There is no way to whitewash it, and few are trying. The scenes from Kabul speak for themselves, casting shame and embarrassment on the world’s greatest superpower. There is plenty of blame being passed around, including to the “neocons,” the generals and the Afghans themselves. But what got us here was the widespread belief that American foreign policy should be dictated by a simple slogan: “No more endless wars.” The current spokesman for that belief is President Biden.

The argument for bringing the troops home is an emotional one, arising from exhaustion with overseas conflict. Most people don’t understand the situation in Afghanistan, and that causes distrust and anger. Few deny we needed to take action after 9/11, but few understood what our strategy would be after we got there. Leaders failed to explain that simply leaving would allow the Taliban to re-emerge and again provide safe haven for terrorists. Americans felt stuck and became exhausted over the years with the vast sums of money spent and lives lost, seemingly in a futile attempt to build democracy.

With this growing impatience, the case for cutting our losses grew stronger. But it fails to acknowledge trade-offs—and this simple question: If we evacuate Afghanistan, what will happen? The “no more endless wars” crowd always refused to answer. They prefer to live in a dream world rather than face the reality that our enemies are ideologically opposed to Western civilization and will gladly stage another 9/11 if they have the opportunity and means. They are at war with us whether or not we are at war with them. Leaving Afghanistan would inevitably create a terrorist safe haven.

That simple reality was never properly explained to the public. When Quinnipiac asked in a May survey, “Should we leave Afghanistan?” 62% of respondents said yes. But what if the question was framed more completely: “Should we leave Afghanistan even if it means an increased threat of terrorism to the homeland?”

The “no more endless wars” position has another blind spot: Its advocates are unable to distinguish between wasteful nation building and a small residual force that conducts occasional counterterror operations. As a result, when many Americans hear that there is a single soldier on the ground in Afghanistan, they interpret it to mean “nation building” and “world police.”

That’s wrong. There are a lot of foreign policy options between nation building and giving up. We found the proper balance in recent years—maintaining a small force that propped up the Afghan government while also giving us the capability to strike at Taliban and other terrorist networks as needed. When Echelon asked about the troop presence this way in July, more Americans, Republican and Democratic, supported a small military presence in Afghanistan than ending our presence entirely.

The U.S. presence in Afghanistan was meeting the original strategic goal of denying a safe haven for terrorists and preventing another 9/11. The 18 months before withdrawal saw no U.S. combat deaths. Does that really sound like “endless war” in any traditional sense? More important, does it sound better or worse than the current outcome?

Mr. Biden’s decision was reckless and unnecessary. Policy aside, there wasn’t even political pressure to take such thoughtless action. The facts on the ground didn’t warrant a hasty withdrawal, and intelligence predicted the Taliban would eventually take over. Even worse, this decision was made as the spring fighting season began, all but guaranteeing a Taliban offensive emboldened by the knowledge of an imminent U.S. withdrawal and a collapse of morale by our Afghan allies in uniform and in government.

America didn’t lose a war, or even end one. We gave up on a strategic national-security interest. We gave up on our Afghan allies, expecting them to stave off a ruthless insurgency without our crucial support, which came at minimal cost to us. This administration’s actions are heartless, its justifications nonsensical. The consequences are dire for innocent Afghans and for America’s prestige. Twenty years after 9/11, I pray they don’t become equally dire for Americans at home.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
State Department demands American citizens pay $2000 each for their flight out of Afghanistan…

State Dept Overseas Security Advisory Council said Aug. 14 — “Repatriation flights are not free, and passengers will be required to sign a promissory loan agreement and may not be eligible to renew their U.S. passports until the loan is repaid. Cost may be $2,000 or more per person.”

State Department demands American citizens pay $2000 each for their flight out of Afghanistan… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

Reaction score
Cost may be $2,000 or more per person.
So State thinks that they should pay for their flight. They would not need a flight if Biden did not cause this catastrophe. If there was a plan and people were told of it, they could have made their own plans to leave via commercial carriers.