US Elections (& Politics) :)

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
With Amazon removing Parlor, I've heard a lot of people talking about cancelling their Amazon Prime. Ok, remember... if you cancel, Amazon still has what's left of your year's worth of Prime subscription fee (your loss, Amazon's gain). I've taken a different approach, have been doing it for a few weeks now, and will continue until either my subscription runs out or until Amazon figures out what's going on and does whatever. I order a couple of dollars item that has Prime delivery. As soon as that item has shipped I order another couple of dollars item. Rinse, repeat. I don't care what deal Amazon has with other carriers (even their own), there is no way they are not losing money on every single order they ship to me. Imagine if we could get EVERY subscriber who is a conservative to do this (and even every liberal that believes in The Constitution!) . It would add up fast...

Last edited:

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
With Amazon removing Parlor, I've heard a lot of people talking about cancelling their Amazon Prime. Ok, remember... if you cancel, Amazon still has what's left of your year's worth of Prime subscription fee (your loss, Amazon's gain). I've taken a different approach, have been doing it for a few weeks now, and will continue until either my subscription runs out or until Amazon figures out what's going on and does whatever. I order a couple of dollars item that has Prime delivery. As soon as that item has shipped I order another couple of dollars item. Rinse, repeat. I don't care what deal Amazon has with other carriers (even their own), there is no way they are not losing money on every single order they ship to me. Imagine if we could get EVERY subscriber who is a conservative to do this. It would add up fast...
I think that’s an outstanding idea. I told the missus that our subscription is up in September. I’m not going to cancel just yet bc Prime Video is the only thing I’m regularly using. A lot of stuff does come in within two days, but it’s been getting worse.
Until then, I told her that if she finds something she likes, write down the identifying numbers and we will order directly off of the seller’s site. This way we’re not giving the Amazon c$$ksuckers any money.
However, I think your idea may be the way to go.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
With Amazon removing Parlor, I've heard a lot of people talking about cancelling their Amazon Prime. Ok, remember... if you cancel, Amazon still has what's left of your year's worth of Prime subscription fee (your loss, Amazon's gain). I've taken a different approach, have been doing it for a few weeks now, and will continue until either my subscription runs out or until Amazon figures out what's going on and does whatever. I order a couple of dollars item that has Prime delivery. As soon as that item has shipped I order another couple of dollars item. Rinse, repeat. I don't care what deal Amazon has with other carriers (even their own), there is no way they are not losing money on every single order they ship to me. Imagine if we could get EVERY subscriber who is a conservative to do this. It would add up fast...
Nice. I used to leave low dollar items in my cart and wait until I had many of those or a larger dollar item until checking out. I would feel bad to have them drive out to the sticks to drop off a $2 bag of washers, or whatever. But no longer. Game on.

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I guess my house will be getting a package almost every day now. Monday, a bag of guitar picks; Tuesday a 3-pack of screws, Wednesday a 3 pack of washers to go with the screws and so on. I guess I’ll have to plan out my projects now and stretch them out for a month.
plus, it will be fun to see the packaging pile up and start seeing their pleas to save the environment.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Oh oh...

Gab:
500 Internal Server Error
If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application's log file and/or the web server's log file to find out what went wrong.

dartworth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Lol...some of you need to step away from the computer for a bit. Go outside and grab a coffee and relax. This war will not be won overnight.

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also have amazon pick your items up for return. Heck they will lose a lot.
Have 1 item a day send back via Amazon pick up and get one delivered. Remember amazon pays UPS to pick the item up from your house.
Maybe next time they consider the right of free speech.