Unable to access the Dahua NVR web interface

homeeri233

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all. I have a Dahua NVR 4116-8P-4KS2/L with 3 PoE cameras for a month now. Everything works fine and it is also successfully connected to the internet. But I can not access the web interface. When I try to access it with the IP of the NVR, I can't get to the interface. The connection cannot be established. Do I need to enable the web interface somewhere or something?
I am very grateful for any answer!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all. I have a Dahua NVR 4116-8P-4KS2/L with 3 PoE cameras for a month now. Everything works fine and it is also successfully connected to the internet. But I can not access the web interface. When I try to access it with the IP of the NVR, I can't get to the interface. The connection cannot be established. Do I need to enable the web interface somewhere or something?
I am very grateful for any answer!
Is the NVR's LAN IP (the one you open the browser to) and the LAN IP of the PC where the browser is being opened, on the same subnet ?

IOW, if the NVR's LAN is 192.168.1.XXX is the PC 's LAN IP also on 192.168.XXX subnet with a different and unique IP?

When you say " The connection cannot be established", what sort of message/popup is displayed?

homeeri233

n3wb
Reaction score
Is the NVR's LAN IP (the one you open the browser to) and the LAN IP of the PC where the browser is being opened, on the same subnet ?

IOW, if the NVR's LAN is 192.168.1.XXX is the PC 's LAN IP also on 192.168.XXX subnet with a different and unique IP?

When you say " The connection cannot be established", what sort of message/popup is displayed?
Hi TonyR,
Thanks for your quick reply. I have linked you the photo of the error message.

The IP of the NVR is: 192.168.1.108
and that of the PC: 192.168.1.105

I hope I could clarify your question and I would be very happy to get an answer from you.

I am sorry the error message is in german. here is the translation:

The website is not accessible.

192.168.1.108 has refused the connection.

Try the following:
Check connection
Check proxy and firewall

Attachments

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you attached a dahua camera to the same net? If so, turn it off and try again. But I would assume your cams are all connected to the recorder?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
That 192.168.1.108 IP address is pretty suspicious, being the default IP address for Dahua devices. As alluded to in the post above, one possible cause of your problem is more than one device on 192.168.1.108. Do you know how to check for that? One way is to pull the NVR off the network then ping 192.168.1.108 to see if there's a response.