[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

Marcelor73

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It would be great if there was a "face" function. Where to upload faces to deepstack. Or more importantly: saving unknown faces.
There is.

sdeir

n3wb
Reaction score
It's not really built in. You still have to run Deepstack separately. (Just being picky with terminology :) ) That said, BI integration does meet most needs.
If you have specific needs, the AI Tool is still very good. It's nothing to do with loyalty really. It's to do with what meets your needs best.
For me, the BI Integration doesn't have the granularity due to where my camera's are and what I need to detect.
I don't use telegram or any of that stuff as my external triggers are handled by MQTT triggers from Blue Iris.
BI integration tends to miss events that AI Tools will grab, but as I said that is really due to my situation and placement of cameras. I think the BI Integration will grab 98% of events for most home users.
AITools kicks butt with LPR though. Plate Recognizer integration in BI is really hit and miss.

I never had memory issues with AITools. I never found it to use much memory space on it's own and I limited my jpeg snap folder to only keeping images for upto 3 hours to save disk.

The one thing I really hope BI Deepstack integration will include in the future is the ability to have more than one DS server used. I find that 1 DS server struggles to keep up with several cameras in a busy environment. The multiple server and refinement server options in AITools are a god send for me, otherwise the lag / delay in processing would trigger the cameras at the wrong times.
You can use a load balancer for that.

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's not really built in. You still have to run Deepstack separately. (Just being picky with terminology :) ) That said, BI integration does meet most needs.
If you have specific needs, the AI Tool is still very good. It's nothing to do with loyalty really. It's to do with what meets your needs best.
For me, the BI Integration doesn't have the granularity due to where my camera's are and what I need to detect.
I don't use telegram or any of that stuff as my external triggers are handled by MQTT triggers from Blue Iris.
BI integration tends to miss events that AI Tools will grab, but as I said that is really due to my situation and placement of cameras. I think the BI Integration will grab 98% of events for most home users.
AITools kicks butt with LPR though. Plate Recognizer integration in BI is really hit and miss.

I never had memory issues with AITools. I never found it to use much memory space on it's own and I limited my jpeg snap folder to only keeping images for upto 3 hours to save disk.

The one thing I really hope BI Deepstack integration will include in the future is the ability to have more than one DS server used. I find that 1 DS server struggles to keep up with several cameras in a busy environment. The multiple server and refinement server options in AITools are a god send for me, otherwise the lag / delay in processing would trigger the cameras at the wrong times.
@austwhite, I am still running AI Tool 1.67 from the 1st post in this thread. Are you running a newer version from github? Is there a minimum NVidia GPU version for DS to work? I have a GTX 670 that I can put into my BI server. Thanks.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@austwhite, I am still running AI Tool 1.67 from the 1st post in this thread. Are you running a newer version from github? Is there a minimum NVidia GPU version for DS to work? I have a GTX 670 that I can put into my BI server. Thanks.
I am running a GTX 970 in my BI box and running DS GPU version, no problems, but I am just testing one Cam right now though. My card has 4Gigs of Memory, which I am hoping will be enough...How much Memory does your 670 have? I had a GTX 760 card once that had 4Gigs even though 2 Gigs was the norm, I paid more for it since I was using it as a gaming card back then.

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is it possible to trigger with a face detection only a telegram message?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

yghujnkl

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced AITool removing the URL after the comma under Camera config?
Seems to happen every time I reboot my server.

Fixed, I only had a comma, not a comma space.
"," vs ", "

Last edited:

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
folks - in deep stack, can somebody explain the cancel section in camera settings. How do I use it and what do the numbers mean? Thanks

HillSonMX

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everybody, new here and with AI Tool, and little old with BI, :thumb: and let me know you I have read all 173 page and I could't find my issue, hope any help from your and this help to anyone else, I could see guy with very good contributions like @Village Guy @GentlePumpkin , etc. hope I could help in some way too !!!.........let's start.
- OS Windows 10 Xenon 2 processsor 128 Ram (main OS)
  • OS Windows 10 (hyper-V)
  • BI 5.4.5.1 (05-11-2021)
  • AI Tool 2.0.760.7721 (2/24/2021)

note: I install AI Tool to have telegram notifications

** TELEGRAM ERROR TEXT
telegram.PNG

** AI TOOL LOG
AIToolLog.png

** AI TOOL SETTING
camaras.PNG

setting.PNG
deepstack.PNG

** BI SETTINGS
trigger.PNGrecord.PNGAlerts.PNG

That is, any else info let me know, hope we can fix this together...thank you for you time !!! :wave:

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Last edited:

HillSonMX

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @Village Guy good to know you ..... and thank you for you time....... I tried but still same status, here you have more picture (test result{actions}) to help in this.
and Iforgot to mention these second error message (File wacher).

telegramlog.png

aitoollog2.PNG

*** I try these solution from @barnyard post with no successful. [tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

Here I have observation, it is ok https?? because I use https with stunnel app in another port, (I could not find where to change these info to test)
variables.png

Hope new tips, really thank you !!! :headbang:

Last edited:

GatVlieg

n3wb
Reaction score
For starters, remove all values in this field for the individual cameras:

1620843288574.png

You are using the path for all the individual cams as set on this page; there is no need for duplication

1620843360931.png

This may eliminate this "error":

1620843473344.png

HillSonMX

n3wb
Reaction score
Just to let you know.........this is actual status every cam alert !!!

** AI TOOL LOG
aitoollog3.PNG

**TELEGRAM ALERT
telegramlog2.png

:idk:

Thank you.

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I suspect your problem is caused by running AiTool under Windows 10 (hyper-V)
The issues you are experiencing will most probably disappear when you run in a standard Win 10 environment.

barnyard

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow, it's been a while since I had that issue, so I don't even remember what resolved it! Everything had been running trouble free for months now

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

HillSonMX

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone, sadly stuck in the same problem (file Wacher), any other help will be appreciated before leaving AI Tools :thumbdown:.....Regards !! :thumb:

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello everyone, sadly stuck in the same problem (file Wacher), any other help will be appreciated before leaving AI Tools :thumbdown:.....Regards !! :thumb:
Rather than posting error reports can you state what is working and what is not. It's not clear to me if telegram is your only issue.