[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Edit: Sorry just realised you want it to be a false alert. What are you hoping to achieve by doing that?
I want it to be false because are reported on this page sometimes people are detected as 'dogs' or 'bear' etc. so i want to manually review irrelevant alerts to see if it is actually objects of interest. For me personally, I know cars and trucks on my driveway camera are false

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I do that from time to time. Just go into AI-Tool>History>Filter>Only Alerts with animals.

Whatever you do, do not show the trouble and strife the photo where the AI has tagged the image of her bending over with her bum to the camera as a Horse.

GreyTheOld

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have this working, however now I've got a few thousand spam alerts that are just jpgs. If I turn OFF "Capture an Alert List Image", it should still take the jpeg snapshot trigger pic, just not add it to the alerts, right?
1605619736334.png 1605619767127.png

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

cscoppa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have this working, however now I've got a few thousand spam alerts that are just jpgs. If I turn OFF "Capture an Alert List Image", it should still take the jpeg snapshot trigger pic, just not add it to the alerts, right?
View attachment 75162 View attachment 75163
I tested this, it still takes the jpeg snapshot, but it still shows in the list for both all cameras and the individual. I also tried turning this off but no change:

1605628744814.png

EDIT: aesterling is right, POST seems to do the trick. It keeps it out of the clip list. I turned off the "JPEG snapshot each" option on the Record tab.

1605629414634.png

Last edited:

GreyTheOld

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. For my setup, disabling both "Capture Alert List Image" on the trigger tab and unchecking "Include JPEG's on All Clips and Timeline" together keeps the stills from the alerts list/window but the trigger still sends the jpeg to the processing folder.

What I am now curious about is if it would increase performance to try the dual-streams option so we're processing lo-fi for recognition vs high def? I kind of suspect double cameras is probably faster too..24 hour recording at low-fi and triggering high-fi recording on alert, that has the added bonus of always running in case a trigger is missed...

seth-feinberg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I followed The Hook Ups Youtube tutorial, and created dual camera streams before realizing that 1.67 recommends using the flag option. What sort of issues should I expect with this mistake? I assume it's still recommended that switch over all my configurations to include the flag method, but am curious if that is what's causing missing alerts or if it's because I'm running deepstack on a separate unraid server on the LAN (or some other reason)

Schrodinger's Cat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all and thanks for the great thread. I've been following and using AITool since the earlier days but only just today upgraded to the Chris Dodge version.

I apologize if this has been asked before, I've only read through the first 88 pages of this thread.

I keep getting errors in AITool when using Telegram Cooldown. Error message is "ERROR sending image to telegram". This happens when I have the Telegram cooldown set to say 20 seconds but I have Blue Iris dumping JPEGS every 5 seconds while triggered. I want those images to continue to be processed and flags issued to Blue Iris, I just only want Telegram messages every 20 seconds. I don't understand why it's throwing an error in this situation. The behavior is as expected and it's not supposed to be sending to Telegram, so why does it throw an error?

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I followed The Hook Ups Youtube tutorial, and created dual camera streams before realizing that 1.67 recommends using the flag option. What sort of issues should I expect with this mistake? I assume it's still recommended that switch over all my configurations to include the flag method, but am curious if that is what's causing missing alerts or if it's because I'm running deepstack on a separate unraid server on the LAN (or some other reason)
I have been running v1.67 with clone cameras and only moved over to the latest version yesterday! I assume you meant Clone and not simply dual stream? Single stream / Dual stream has very little effect on aitool operation. If setup correctly dual stream will enable higher resolution triggered images to be passed to deepstack for analysis.

If you are setup to record continously then flags are normally used. If like myself you only capture video after a triggered event there little if any advantage to using the flag option.

Shaad

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

First time poster here. :)
I've played for a few days with BI, AITool and Deepstack on a clean and fresh install of Windows 10 LTSC (chinese NUC with i7-8550U CPU).

Nice little piece of software! ;)

I have only 2 cameras for the moment (Hikvision and Annke), 4 more on the way.

With the latest version 1.67 and the flag system, is there any way to :
  • Use single camera, no duplicate, no clone, or whatsoever
  • Use dual-stream
  • Do not record video/image continuously
  • Have motion detection enable on BI
  • Save images on motion detection
  • Have these images analyzed by AITool+DeepStack
  • Trigger the video recording of the main stream in BI ?
I can't find how to do that. For the moment the only solution I've found is to duplicate cameras : one used for motion detection and jpg recording, and the other one fro video recording triggered externally by AITool. It works, but I'd like better to use a single camera if possible.

Thanks !

One evolution idea : it would maybe be interesting to forbid more than one instance of AITool. It happened to me a few times, double-clicking on its icon by mistake while it was already running, and it seems to not working well :)

Reaction score
You could instead save the JPEG using the “Post” tab in BI.
View attachment 75162 View attachment 75163
I had this problem with a couple of different makes of ONVIF CantonK based Chinese cameras. It took ages for me to realize that the internal motion detector was firing continuously and triggering via ONVIF. In BI check the on the configure page of the cameras video settings page and uncheck "Get ONVIF trigger events". If this fixes it then you know the cause. The BI motion detection with AiTool works fine with them.

GreyTheOld

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had this problem with a couple of different makes of ONVIF CantonK based Chinese cameras. It took ages for me to realize that the internal motion detector was firing continuously and triggering via ONVIF. In BI check the on the configure page of the cameras video settings page and uncheck "Get ONVIF trigger events". If this fixes it then you know the cause. The BI motion detection with AiTool works fine with them.
This is a great tip...but I already had it off.

Now I'm working awesomely, EXCEPT that my alert videos are only showing up via the webUI, none are showing up in the app. Weird.

seth-feinberg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Still wondering what kind of issues I should expect using the <1.65 implementation on a 1.67 installation, but in the meantime I was watching some Youtube videos tutorials for general use and I was learning about the zone tool. Seems like I could use the Zone feature to mask my feeds and that seems easier than creating the custom picture in the original post. Is this something anyone has tried? Is it discouraged?

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Still wondering what kind of issues I should expect using the <1.65 implementation on a 1.67 installation, but in the meantime I was watching some Youtube videos tutorials for general use and I was learning about the zone tool. Seems like I could use the Zone feature to mask my feeds and that seems easier than creating the custom picture in the original post. Is this something anyone has tried? Is it discouraged?
Did you even bother to read my response to your earlier post?:confused:

seth-feinberg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I use the masking feature in Chris Dodge’s fork for a bunch of my cameras and I recommend it over using the old method.
Ah many thanks. I will look into upgrading.

Did you even bother to read my response to your earlier post?:confused:
I am so sorry, I got the notification but when I opened the forum I didn't see it. I'm reading now.

seth-feinberg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have been running v1.67 with clone cameras and only moved over to the latest version yesterday! I assume you meant Clone and not simply dual stream? Single stream / Dual stream has very little effect on aitool operation. If setup correctly dual stream will enable higher resolution triggered images to be passed to deepstack for analysis.

If you are setup to record continously then flags are normally used. If like myself you only capture video after a triggered event there little if any advantage to using the flag option.
Again, i'm sorry for not responding to this, I really don't know how I screwed that up, this is VERY helpful!

So i must confess I don't fully understand the difference between Clone and Dual Stream. My amcrest cam allow for multiple streams, I (think) i send snapshots from the substream to AI Tool and then send a trigger url to start recording on the HD/Main stream. Just based on the name I would think this would be Dual Stream, but I added each camera twice in Blue Iris so i really don't know. Sorry for my confusion.

As for your second point, I thought I'm just triggering recording of the HD stream when an alert is recognized but looking in BlueIris ALL of my SD cameras have a red circle in the top right and none of the HD ones do (all same cameras just added twice) so i don't believe I'm experiencing the setup I was intending to, i'll need to go back over my setup.

MrPie

n3wb
Reaction score
My program was working very well but a few days ago I noted it says there were many errors, so I checked the log and I can see that sometimes it tells me that:
"the process cannot access thephotofile.jpg because it is being used by another process"
And then
"ERROR: Processing the following image failed"

It is very strange because it only happens sometimes and I've never seen that error before.
I tried by rebooting and also by re downloading everything, updating the nuget packages and many errors appeared. But the "old version" without the nuget updates is working normally except for this can't access the file issue. I'm seeing that about 1/3 of the pictures to be analyzed receive that error, the others are processed without problems.

Hope someone can give me a clue what could be happening.
Thanks

Last edited:

Jooced

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone help me get the memo field working? I feel like I've tried everything and I have yet to see it work.

My trigger URLs:
Code:
http://192.168.x.x:x/admin?trigger&camera=Front&user=x&pw=x
http://192.168.x.x:x/admin?camera=Front&trigger&memo=[summary]&user=x&pw=x
Either one results in:
Code:
signal=green
profile=1
lock=0
camera=Front
In Alerts or Flagged I always see the thumbnail and:
Code:
Front
11/18/2020 6:41:33 PM
11 sec jpg H265
..never the memo. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?