[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did some experimentation on this a few weeks ago. If I remember correctly, if you make any changes to the video settings after the clone is created, it doesn't see it as a clone anymore. I never could get it to stick, so I gave up

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Okay and your Solution ?

barnyard

n3wb
Reaction score
I have copies of my cameras, they just aren't truly clones. CPU usage is a little higher, but not enough to worry about

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have copies of my cameras, they just aren't truly clones. CPU usage is a little higher, but not enough to worry about

Okay same solution my clone camers changed to normal cameras :(

a shame that there is no button to link them again ..

I often have problems with double connections, especially when a 3rd connection comes (Snapshot or Synology NAS) Maybe add the Bueiris URL to the camera as a new camera?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm currently using 21 clone cameras for both AI and PIR triggers. No issues and no bitrate usage from any of them.

MrPie

n3wb
Reaction score
You could upgrade your network.... I run a Netgate SG-4680-1U pfSense router. It allows me to make complex firewall rules and has OpenVPN built in. I have firewall rules that only allow my Windows machine running BlueIris to connect to what I whitelist. I never have Windows issues that way. Windows updates can be evil. I remote in over LAN using OpenVPN and the built in Windows Remote Desktop protocol. Also you need to set up Windows 10 like a server. Never sleep, restart after power loss, no sign in, ect... I've been mining Ethereum (cryptocurrency) on Windows 10 with rigs running between 8-13 GPU's for 4 years straight 24/7/365 (if you think Windows is unstable try running a machine with 13 GPU's overclocked to their limit on as little power as possible) and I could literally count the times on my hands I've had Windows specific issues.

Is it possible you're getting memory leaks from using a incompatible intel driver that's crashing Windows? I had that issue with my machine when I first installed Blue Iris and used Quick Sync decoding. There is info in the Wiki about it.

There is also a watchdog for BI in Blue Iris Tools you could use. But it shouldn't be necessary, if you need it your doing something wrong.
This is 100 percent user error. Windows is VERY stable. I have over 20 blue iris systems with zero issues that run many months until I decided to upgrade. I run and support many more windows pc. None of these issues. Perform a clean install using the MS media creation tool and dont install crap.
Thank you guys. Gave me hope to know for certain that it is possible to run windows 10 and trust that it won't crash.
I will check out the memory leaks issue because I'm also using Quick Sync.
When it detects motion CPU usage goes up a lot for a few seconds, but it doesn't climb to their limits within a few hours like it's described on that post.
I'm using a Dell OptiPlex 7070 SFF i7-9700, 8GB RAM

I'm not completely sure but I think I'm using a clean installation. I installed Windows when I bought it and have never installed anything besides Teamviewer, Blue Iris, Deepstack API server and this AI detection program, never visited any website besides gmail and dropbox.
Windows 10 pro is updated and configured as a server, including no auto updates.
Should I do a clean install using the MS media creation tool nonetheless?

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I seem to be getting (often) 101 actions queued .... and then subsequent errors saying the queue is full... is there a way to manually force the queue to execute? nothing seems to be happening?

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is there a way to ignore certain types of objects per camera? i.e. my driveway camera has two cars (one is being detected as car and the other is truck), they are always in different locations so i cant mask the whole area. What I am trying to do is, if it detects a truck or car on the driveway camera at all and no other objects, it should be a 'false alert' not 'irrelevant'.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there a way to ignore certain types of objects per camera? i.e. my driveway camera has two cars (one is being detected as car and the other is truck), they are always in different locations so i cant mask the whole area. What I am trying to do is, if it detects a truck or car on the driveway camera at all and no other objects, it should be a 'false alert' not 'irrelevant'.
Go to the AI Tool > Cameras > Select the camera you want > And uncheck all the boxes you don't want alerts on.

1605580892112.png

Screen looks like that.

Edit: Sorry just realised you want it to be a false alert. What are you hoping to achieve by doing that?

Last edited:

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Edit: Sorry just realised you want it to be a false alert. What are you hoping to achieve by doing that?
I want it to be false because are reported on this page sometimes people are detected as 'dogs' or 'bear' etc. so i want to manually review irrelevant alerts to see if it is actually objects of interest. For me personally, I know cars and trucks on my driveway camera are false

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I do that from time to time. Just go into AI-Tool>History>Filter>Only Alerts with animals.

Whatever you do, do not show the trouble and strife the photo where the AI has tagged the image of her bending over with her bum to the camera as a Horse.

GreyTheOld

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have this working, however now I've got a few thousand spam alerts that are just jpgs. If I turn OFF "Capture an Alert List Image", it should still take the jpeg snapshot trigger pic, just not add it to the alerts, right?
1605619736334.png 1605619767127.png

aesterling

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

cscoppa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have this working, however now I've got a few thousand spam alerts that are just jpgs. If I turn OFF "Capture an Alert List Image", it should still take the jpeg snapshot trigger pic, just not add it to the alerts, right?
View attachment 75162 View attachment 75163
I tested this, it still takes the jpeg snapshot, but it still shows in the list for both all cameras and the individual. I also tried turning this off but no change:

1605628744814.png

EDIT: aesterling is right, POST seems to do the trick. It keeps it out of the clip list. I turned off the "JPEG snapshot each" option on the Record tab.

1605629414634.png

Last edited:

GreyTheOld

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. For my setup, disabling both "Capture Alert List Image" on the trigger tab and unchecking "Include JPEG's on All Clips and Timeline" together keeps the stills from the alerts list/window but the trigger still sends the jpeg to the processing folder.

What I am now curious about is if it would increase performance to try the dual-streams option so we're processing lo-fi for recognition vs high def? I kind of suspect double cameras is probably faster too..24 hour recording at low-fi and triggering high-fi recording on alert, that has the added bonus of always running in case a trigger is missed...

seth-feinberg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I followed The Hook Ups Youtube tutorial, and created dual camera streams before realizing that 1.67 recommends using the flag option. What sort of issues should I expect with this mistake? I assume it's still recommended that switch over all my configurations to include the flag method, but am curious if that is what's causing missing alerts or if it's because I'm running deepstack on a separate unraid server on the LAN (or some other reason)

Reaction score
Hi all and thanks for the great thread. I've been following and using AITool since the earlier days but only just today upgraded to the Chris Dodge version.

I apologize if this has been asked before, I've only read through the first 88 pages of this thread.

I keep getting errors in AITool when using Telegram Cooldown. Error message is "ERROR sending image to telegram". This happens when I have the Telegram cooldown set to say 20 seconds but I have Blue Iris dumping JPEGS every 5 seconds while triggered. I want those images to continue to be processed and flags issued to Blue Iris, I just only want Telegram messages every 20 seconds. I don't understand why it's throwing an error in this situation. The behavior is as expected and it's not supposed to be sending to Telegram, so why does it throw an error?

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I followed The Hook Ups Youtube tutorial, and created dual camera streams before realizing that 1.67 recommends using the flag option. What sort of issues should I expect with this mistake? I assume it's still recommended that switch over all my configurations to include the flag method, but am curious if that is what's causing missing alerts or if it's because I'm running deepstack on a separate unraid server on the LAN (or some other reason)
I have been running v1.67 with clone cameras and only moved over to the latest version yesterday! I assume you meant Clone and not simply dual stream? Single stream / Dual stream has very little effect on aitool operation. If setup correctly dual stream will enable higher resolution triggered images to be passed to deepstack for analysis.

If you are setup to record continously then flags are normally used. If like myself you only capture video after a triggered event there little if any advantage to using the flag option.

Shaad

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

First time poster here. :)
I've played for a few days with BI, AITool and Deepstack on a clean and fresh install of Windows 10 LTSC (chinese NUC with i7-8550U CPU).

Nice little piece of software! ;)

I have only 2 cameras for the moment (Hikvision and Annke), 4 more on the way.

With the latest version 1.67 and the flag system, is there any way to :
  • Use single camera, no duplicate, no clone, or whatsoever
  • Use dual-stream
  • Do not record video/image continuously
  • Have motion detection enable on BI
  • Save images on motion detection
  • Have these images analyzed by AITool+DeepStack
  • Trigger the video recording of the main stream in BI ?
I can't find how to do that. For the moment the only solution I've found is to duplicate cameras : one used for motion detection and jpg recording, and the other one fro video recording triggered externally by AITool. It works, but I'd like better to use a single camera if possible.

Thanks !

One evolution idea : it would maybe be interesting to forbid more than one instance of AITool. It happened to me a few times, double-clicking on its icon by mistake while it was already running, and it seems to not working well :)

Reaction score
You could instead save the JPEG using the “Post” tab in BI.
View attachment 75162 View attachment 75163
I had this problem with a couple of different makes of ONVIF CantonK based Chinese cameras. It took ages for me to realize that the internal motion detector was firing continuously and triggering via ONVIF. In BI check the on the configure page of the cameras video settings page and uncheck "Get ONVIF trigger events". If this fixes it then you know the cause. The BI motion detection with AiTool works fine with them.