[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is the API: username: password@IPADDRESS: PORT#/cgi-bin/coaxialControlIO.cgi?action=control&channel=1&info[0].Type=1&info[0].IO=0

Type=1 is for the audio
Type=2 and IO=1 is for the light

No space after the : but if I do not put a space then it shows like this here lol :p

Depending on the camera, you may have to play with the 0 and 1 to figure out which one is which. But the above is the general URL

Palmpilot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have an Unraid server running multiple DeepStackAI docker containers (one GPU and one CPU), when I add both of these URLs under "AI Servers" how will they be used?

1) in parallel each time an image is processed it will be processed by both?
or:
2) if server #1 is busy it would then take the next image and process it on server #2?

Thank you!
P

JL-F1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Every once in awhile AItools, 2.0.37.7608, log gives me a 'camera unreachable 503 error'

Sometimes it happens while the camera is already triggered, which make sense.

But It has been happening when that camera is not triggered.

I check and try the URL and it works fine and the cameras all work fine most of the time.

I tried manually triggering all four cameras using the URL's and they all triggered just fine

Any ideas to troubleshoot?

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have an Unraid server running multiple DeepStackAI docker containers (one GPU and one CPU), when I add both of these URLs under "AI Servers" how will they be used?

1) in parallel each time an image is processed it will be processed by both?
or:
2) if server #1 is busy it would then take the next image and process it on server #2?

Thank you!
P

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone know what these errors mean when compiling?

Code:
1>------ Build started: Project: UI, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
1>CSC : error CS1617: Invalid option '8.0' for /langversion. Use '/langversion:?' to list supported values.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
Anyone know?

mcarson75

n3wb
Reaction score
I am running AI Tool 2.0.319.7666 from 12/27/2020. Everything had been working well and I got the detections working the way that I want. However, this morning I went to check and AI Tool had shut down overnight. I have restarted it and rebooted the machine multiple times. AI Tool runs and the queue fills up with 100 images, but none of them are ever processed. It just stays at "Working".

1611348008923.png

This seems to me to be an issue with Deepstack? But it is running:
1611348110067.png

These are the errors in the log. (Network path is correct now)
1611348172509.png

How can I get this working again? I have re-installed by overwriting the files in the AI Tools directory with the originals.

Edit to add that I have manually tested Deepstack with a POST command and it is running and working properly.

Last edited:

VLITKOWSKI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello.

URL Trigger doesn't seem to work with version >5.3.8.7.
Does somebody has the same issue ?

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As your running unstable versions anyway try updating to 5.3.8.15

Il_Pres

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My program was working very well but a few days ago I noted it says there were many errors, so I checked the log and I can see that sometimes it tells me that:
"the process cannot access thephotofile.jpg because it is being used by another process"
And then
"ERROR: Processing the following image failed"

It is very strange because it only happens sometimes and I've never seen that error before.
I tried by rebooting and also by re downloading everything, updating the nuget packages and many errors appeared. But the "old version" without the nuget updates is working normally except for this can't access the file issue. I'm seeing that about 1/3 of the pictures to be analyzed receive that error, the others are processed without problems.

Hope someone can give me a clue what could be happening.
Thanks
Hello, I'm experiencing the same problem. Anyone has found a solution yet? This is causing delays in the detection. Thank

Reaction score
Greetings.

It's been a while since I tried th AITool and I see that there is a fork with other options besides Telegram. From one of the screenshots of the VorlonCD fork, it looks like it can call a URL such as the trigger URL for a camera in BI (that I already have configured to send me an email when triggered). Is a capture of the detected object to email now possible?

Up until today, I was running the Docker only alternative from neile but broke it due to some attempted updating and am interseted in going back to the original.

Anyone have experience with both the VorlonCD/AITool and the Neile Docker deployments and can shed some light?

Thanks

Last edited:

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here is the API: username: password@IPADDRESS: PORT#/cgi-bin/coaxialControlIO.cgi?action=control&channel=1&info[0].Type=1&info[0].IO=0

Type=1 is for the audio
Type=2 and IO=1 is for the light

No space after the : but if I do not put a space then it shows like this here lol :p

Depending on the camera, you may have to play with the 0 and 1 to figure out which one is which. But the above is the general URL
Thank-you

JamCam

n3wb
Reaction score
I am running AI Tool 2.0.319.7666 from 12/27/2020. Everything had been working well and I got the detections working the way that I want. However, this morning I went to check and AI Tool had shut down overnight. I have restarted it and rebooted the machine multiple times. AI Tool runs and the queue fills up with 100 images, but none of them are ever processed. It just stays at "Working".

View attachment 80247

This seems to me to be an issue with Deepstack? But it is running:
View attachment 80248

These are the errors in the log. (Network path is correct now)
View attachment 80249

How can I get this working again? I have re-installed by overwriting the files in the AI Tools directory with the originals.

Edit to add that I have manually tested Deepstack with a POST command and it is running and working properly.
I'm having the same issue, but I'm using the build from 10/30/2020. I was watching the BI alerts folder to try and figure out why it was saying it can't find the image. It looked like something (probably BI) was renaming the images after they were put in the folder. The AI tool sees the image put in the folder and starts to try and process, but the image is renamed before it can do anything with it. I'm not sure what's going on.

Monty

n3wb
Reaction score
Evening all,

Ok so I have managed to install the new ai tool.
Its night time and im getting confidence of 64% on vehicle. in this instance it is correct but it tells me "1x not in confidence range : Truck (62%)" How do i set this range lower so it pics that up.

Last edited:

Brendon06

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Evening all,

Ok so I have managed to install the new ai tool.
Its night time and im getting confidence of 64% on vehicle. in this instance it is correct but it tells me "1x not in confidence range : Truck (62%)" How do i set this range lower so it pics that up.
On the cameras tab there is a Confidence limits section where you can change the % of lower and upper limits. What is the lower limit set at on your settings?

Monty

n3wb
Reaction score
On the cameras tab there is a Confidence limits section where you can change the % of lower and upper limits. What is the lower limit set at on your settings?
I have tried 1%-100%, 20%-100%,0-50%. All kinds exactly where you said.
I seem to have a bigger problem now. It will process maybe 1 or 2 images then under over view it just says processing ...jpg and it starts to que other images till 100. Not sure whats wrong
Also getting error no default camera found but I have 2 cameras on

Attachments

Last edited:

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have tried 1%-100%, 20%-100%,0-50%. All kinds exactly where you said.
I seem to have a bigger problem now. It will process maybe 1 or 2 images then under over view it just says processing ...jpg and it starts to que other images till 100. Not sure whats wrong
Also getting error no default camera found but I have 2 cameras on
Create a camera called "default" and disable AI detection (assuming you don't want AI for unspecified cameras. This will overcome the default not found error, but unsure what is causing the other messages.
Too many images in your folder? \ AV locking the images? \ Deepstack issue? I run multiple deepstack instances, for redundancy and performance.

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue, but I'm using the build from 10/30/2020. I was watching the BI alerts folder to try and figure out why it was saying it can't find the image. It looked like something (probably BI) was renaming the images after they were put in the folder. The AI tool sees the image put in the folder and starts to try and process, but the image is renamed before it can do anything with it. I'm not sure what's going on.
Make sure you are not using the BI Alerts Folder.
Recommend setting up a new folder dedicated to store alerts for AI Tools (Blue Iris -> Clips and Archiving" ) then for the Camera select this folder in the Camera -> Record under JPEG Snapshots.
Do you have any examples of a before and after re-name to help determine what is re-naming the files?

Monty

n3wb
Reaction score
Create a camera called "default" and disable AI detection (assuming you don't want AI for unspecified cameras. This will overcome the default not found error, but unsure what is causing the other messages.
Too many images in your folder? \ AV locking the images? \ Deepstack issue? I run multiple deepstack instances, for redundancy and performance.
I have cleared that folder many times so there is little to no images. I created default camera but still getting the errorf1d12617c206e1824ab0e618922e6492.png