The Typical picture of a Perp on Nextdoor-type Apps with Consumer Grade Cameras like Ring, Nest, Arlo, Canary, Wyze, etc.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So here is a screen grab from a eufy ad. They are stating how great the night shot is. Can you see this guy's face? Now maybe if he had taken a few steps back to be out of the shadow it might be ok. But this, to me, shows that eufy has no idea about what a good shot looks like.

View attachment 161817
Ah... a JerryRigEverything video.
Jerry..... Jerry loves money.

In the first part of the video:
A security system here at the office. Especially over the weekends so I could see if there were any packages by the door that I needed to come, you know, bring inside.
These cameras are probably more geared towards residential homes, but security cameras are security cameras and we're going to see how they work here at the office. The future is here, let's get started.
Laughs all around :).

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
While the picture quality is poor, this is an easy one LOL. This person posted that Doordash delivered their neighbors food (taking the picture proof in this image) but then was caught on camera picking up and taking Amazon packages from another neighbor (can see the packages at the top of the steps).

1683427069760.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Swann to the rescue.

This car on the street backed into a vehicle and caused damage the person wanted to know if anyone recognizes them.

Notice it is in substream and the beginning of the clip the car already hit truck, so the actual hit is missing.

1683681535866.png

It must be a wfi camera because after the car is out of the field of view, the mainstream kicks in:

1683681618074.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Love the description LOL:

This past sat. around 5:30-6am. This guy went through every car that's doors were unlocked! He checked every car that was visible with the camera. Two being my housemates, who didn't even realize their doors were unlocked. Guy left 1s door wide open with light on & all. Very bold! Cars drove past & he just continued on, like nothing.

Male, very skinny, maybe a teen, maybe not? Had on a hoodie with hood on. Couldn't tell any other description. He was on foot, but I'm thinking a car was close by for him? He walked to check cars back in ppls driveways & backyards, with bright lights on him & all!

1683747994738.png

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Love the description LOL:

This past sat. around 5:30-6am. This guy went through every car that's doors were unlocked! He checked every car that was visible with the camera. Two being my housemates, who didn't even realize their doors were unlocked. Guy left 1s door wide open with light on & all. Very bold! Cars drove past & he just continued on, like nothing.

Male, very skinny, maybe a teen, maybe not? Had on a hoodie with hood on. Couldn't tell any other description. He was on foot, but I'm thinking a car was close by for him? He walked to check cars back in ppls driveways & backyards, with bright lights on him & all!

View attachment 162505
Lots of maybe....... Maybe wrong camera. :lol:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone recognize these two perps that jumped into the maroon Kia and hacked it and drove away.

View attachment 163042
We all know how woke NextDoor is - here is a new post from the OP because the original post was removed for violating NextDoor Standards:

"I submitted this post and it got removed. Maybe it was because I gave the race of the suspects - only because I thought description may actually be helpful."

and then this gem we seem to see all the time LOL:

"The police might be able to get a plate number off this photo"

"Do phone cameras automatically blur license plates? That's the only thing in the photo that's blurry when zoomed in real far."

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Compliments of Ring, we have substream due to wifi not being able to keep up.

Two kids around 11pm going around sending fireworks off in people's driveways. Does anyone recognize the kid to the right that is apparently recording the reaction of the family inside (will probably show up on TikTok LOL) when the loud boom goes off or the kid in the driveway setting off the fireworks? What about the kids across the street watching?

1684411416180.png

1684411473147.png

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
View attachment 163953
View attachment 163954

View attachment 163955

Camera placement is important ..

View attachment 163956

camera quality in low light and tuning is important ..
View attachment 163957

important to capture street and car information ..
View attachment 163958

Here is a thread from this week where, despite our comments about ideal camera height placement, someone said he was placing the cams on the 2nd story because everyone would where masks so having a camera lower doesn't matter and wouldn't help identify a perp.

So here is one of the few times we have seen a residential break-in with a mask and IF this were a better quality camera, there would be enough distinguishing features of this guy's face even with a hoodie and mask on to assist in identification. Especially if he was already a known perp in the community.

1684942305711.png

Contrasted with this image where no part of the face is visible.

1684942378529.png

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This homeowner has the right idea and has cameras facing their house (I guess so they can see if they left their garage door open), but the quality is so poor, but at least they can make out the droopy pants and handgun. Surprised to see his finger isn't on the trigger!

1685285732286.png

1685285783354.png