The official "WTF" thread

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Now I'm not an insurer and it's likely that few of IPCT readers are as well but there's interesting info in the article below. Of course many factors seem to point out that insurance premiums for EV's will likely be more that ICE vehicles BUT....I've read that because the increased weight of EV's that the premiums for an ICE vehicle may be increased beacuse the damage they may incur when colliding with a EV! Not sure how factual that is, though....

Well there's also that they total out the EVs after small accidents because there aren't enough shops to fix them...or so I've heard.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well there's also that they total out the EVs after small accidents because there aren't enough shops to fix them...or so I've heard.
Try to get parts for a Tesla, not sure if there is still a supply problem but I have heard 6 plus months waiting on parts. That may of been more during Covid years...

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A guy here, hit a gator with his Tesla. Since my recollection frequently sucks but I just asked him for the details. The gator tore off the "skid plate" and ripped off the coolant line which leaked out. He said the St. Petersburg Florida service center had it ready in two days. So all that stuff must be readily available.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Never take a gun when you get an MRI:

It was reported that a patient was brought into the magnet room with a concealed ferrous handgun.In the process of entering the bore, the handgun was attracted to the magnet and fired a single round.The patient received a gunshot wound in the right buttock area.The patient was examined by a physician at the site who described the entry and exit holes as very small and superficial, only penetrating subcutaneous tissue.Per protocol, the patient was taken to the hospital and the patient later informed the site that they were okay and healing well.The site reported that prior to the exam the patient had undergone a standard screening procedure for ferrous objects, which includes weapons specifically, and answered no to all screening questions.