Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a place to help one achieve their inner pyro needs. If one digs
deep enough on the site below, one might find a project I did. They did
misspell my name.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Florida woman accused of hitting boyfriend multiple times with Christmas tree during argument
Rivera was booked into the Pinellas County Jail. She was released from custody on Christmas Day and has pleaded not guilty
Your honor, that tree just jumped up out of the stand and hit him multiple times all by itself.....

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Gen Z..here is hoping future generations IQ scores will be higher than this generations......

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Was at our Daughters last night, our Son-In-Law bought one of those Smokeless Pits. I am impressed, it is of course not totally smokeless but none of us had any smoke blown in our faces.

They also threw in a Coloring Stick...a what? Never heard of them...pretty kewl, reminded me of my :smoking: days, hahahahaha. We were all videoing it with our phones in slowno :)
No telling what Chems are in it to make those colors...

View attachment 181001
We have had a Solo Stove for years. They did a gofundme or something of that sort for a new startup company looking for funds as a start up. I thought the concept was great, and figured why not.
After their funds were met I was able to get one of their first units.

I absolutely love the thing. We have it sitting right on our patio. It Is so nice to be able to have a fire any given evening on a whim and not smell like smoke and need to jump in the shower to get the smoke smell off.

I wish I could get some sort of commission for these things because I know several friends who have purchased a Solo stove after hanging out by us.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a place to help one achieve their inner pyro needs. If one digs
deep enough on the site below, one might find a project I did. They did
misspell my name.

10lbs black power for $52. DEAL! Well, it's the ingredients anyway. Still need a ball mill and some screens and stuff but if you already had that stuff. Goex 3Fg is $20 for 1lb last time I checked. Not even sure if Goex is back up and running. Probably not the best idea to ball mill that stuff in your garage of a neighborhood... LOL! Need a shack 50 yards away and a long extension cord.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I made a powder die with piece of a 3 inch pipe of aluminum and machined a plug to fit inside. I could press 4 pucks
about 3/8 inch thick. With a 12 ton press I could get up to the I forgot gr/cc for great
BP. Next came the corning and screening. I guess it now would qualify as "A" rather than "G" .
G is for sporting purposes like firearms and A not so nice.

Break powder not much more than green mix. For non-sparking tumbling media, nickels work great.
BP is the HEART of PYRO!

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I made a powder die with piece of a 3 inch pipe of aluminum and machined a plug to fit inside. I could press 4 pucks
about 3/8 inch thick. With a 12 ton press I could get up to the I forgot gr/cc for great
BP. Next came the corning and screening. I guess it now would qualify as "A" rather than "G" .
G is for sporting purposes like firearms and A not so nice.

Break powder not much more than green mix. For non-sparking tumbling media, nickels work great.
BP is the HEART of PYRO!
Here's a video I made a long time ago when I converted a BP Walker to shoot BP cartridges. The intent was to design a cartridge to shoot the full 60 grains of BP as the Walker was originally designed. Yes, there's Pyro in me!

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We have had a Solo Stove for years. They did a gofundme or something of that sort for a new startup company looking for funds as a start up. I thought the concept was great, and figured why not.
After their funds were met I was able to get one of their first units.

I absolutely love the thing. We have it sitting right on our patio. It Is so nice to be able to have a fire any given evening on a whim and not smell like smoke and need to jump in the shower to get the smoke smell off.

I wish I could get some sort of commission for these things because I know several friends who have purchased a Solo stove after hanging out by us.
So this is the one we are looking to order...

Do you keep yours covered? Ours will be on our outside uncovered concrete patio. It is painted concrete, I hope the paint don't peel due to heat. May need to find a mat of some sort.

EDIT:
So we ordered one, got a cover and the pit cover too so if coals are left we can just put the lid on it. They have a $100 off promotion, it is was not cheap but it is the Wife and My Birthday gifts to each other :)

It was nice kicking off our shoes and resting our feet (with socks) up on the Surround...

Last edited:

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So this is the one we are looking to order...

Do you keep yours covered? Ours will be on our outside uncovered concrete patio. It is painted concrete, I hope the paint don't peel due to heat. May need to find a mat of some sort.

EDIT:
So we ordered one, got a cover and the pit cover too so if coals are left we can just put the lid on it. They have a $100 off promotion, it is was not cheap but it is the Wife and My Birthday gifts to each other :)

It was nice kicking off our shoes and resting our feet (with socks) up on the Surround...
Nice, you’ll love it.
I have a cover for mine, but I never use it. It’s too much of a pain to put on, and I wouldn’t put it on when it’s hot, it would melt.

My parents were able to find a top from a big stock pot that they had laying around. It fits on top perfectly.

The Bonfire is IMHO the best. I also have the Yukon which is the largest one, and that one is almost to big, you need a really big fire in order for the smoke to burn off and be smokeless. Whereas the Bonfire is the perfect size to be truly smokeless.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nice, you’ll love it.
I have a cover for mine, but I never use it. It’s too much of a pain to put on, and I wouldn’t put it on when it’s hot, it would melt.

My parents were able to find a top from a big stock pot that they had laying around. It fits on top perfectly.

The Bonfire is IMHO the best. I also have the Yukon which is the largest one, and that one is almost to big, you need a really big fire in order for the smoke to burn off and be smokeless. Whereas the Bonfire is the perfect size to be truly smokeless.
It is on it's way, thanks. When I looked at the Yukon, I thought about larger logs. We almost bought it, now glad we bought the Bonfire. Will just have to split some logs :)

Now their largest is the Canyon

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
WTF:

No More paper Tax Returns?

1703901854072.png

Bought TurboTax Home & Business 2023 CD at Sam's Club, like I do every year. No Internet required on all previous years except for this year. Called Intuit and they said you have to register online now. I asked what about those who do not have Internet, I have meet several people where we now live that do not have Internet. They said there is no way around it, they said it was to help combat the sharing of their product. Whatever, then why sell a CD and why not include on their packaging Internet Required to install? They do allow a Refund within 60 days of purchase, which you have to do ONLINE, LOL

They did say all they need is a legit email address, your name and your phone #. Guess I could register then disconnect the Internet when I use their software.

Just sick of having accounts on websites that get hacked. The latest was Xfinity, which I do not have anymore, I know they still have my account info and now hackers have it.