The official "WTF" thread

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My Son is doing the Carnivore diet. Joe Rogan is also on it. It took a couple of weeks to clean out the other toxins...he said he is more productive and clear minded. He travels as a Surveyor so he has a small grill that only takes a few minutes to cook up a steak.

I can testify that only eating meat did the same for me years back when I tried different diets, the Akins or Keto diets are similar but are not meat only...

Hard to afford good meat now though...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Is that tyre pic in the US?

I’ve seen loads of videos where the state of some cars and trucks is just downright mental and dangerous. Do you guys not have an annual check and test, here in the UK we have an MOT test which does a basic test to confirm road worthiness.

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

I’ve seen loads of videos where the state of some cars and trucks is just downright mental and dangerous. Do you guys not have an annual check and test, here in the UK we have an MOT test which does a basic test to confirm road worthiness.
This is 'Murica...We don't need no tests...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

It varies state to state...some don't, some do and what they check and how often is just as varied.:idk:

Reaction score
This is one of the things he was referring to:

DoN't DeNy ThE sCiEnCe!! Bahahahahahahahahaha!!

When I lived in California they had "smog checks" that your vehicle had to pass. ANY check engine light would disqualify you from registering and driving your vehicle. I had a check engine light because the fuel level sensor in my gas tank went bad-- my gas gauge was stuck at 1/2. That was something like a $500 repair that Nissan Corporate decided to cover at the last minute when I told them I can't drive it as it is-- I won't get my plates/tags renewed because it won't pass the smog test.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
We used to eat butter, lard, and sugar. For the most part we were healthy until HFC!
HFC our friend, one of the most concentrated forms of CORN. Ever heard of "corn fed"
beef on the feed lot to fatten them up? It works with people too! I'll continue to eat butter and sugar
to hell with those fibbers!

Reaction score

I am not sure but I think most states have a yearly inspection. Texas does. But many folks just don't get it done and therefore do not have their car registered. Some get pulled over by the police, but some run for years without getting stopped by the police.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Oregon has an emissions inspection with a 2 year interval in the big metro areas. No safety inspection. When I lived in Texas I was suspecting a scam because one year the headlight aim would be too high, then the next year too low, etc.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How is it he couldn't use engine braking to slow down???
VERY good question.
Maybe when he tried his Jake Brake he was already going too fast and it won't deploy at that speed to protect the engine from excessive compression.
I'll bet you money he was already going too fast before he realized his regular (air) brakes had failed.

I was going to say maybe because a sign prohibited using it within city limits but that would have been facetious and this certainly is not a humorous thing that occurred.:confused: