The new updated android app has been pushed to the play store

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Anyone having issues pushing sound to Hikvision cube cameras? My microphone lights up green momentarily (when clicked or held) and within a few seconds I get a push notification error from the server: "[server name] - [camera short name]: Audio player 22050..." No sound comes through any of my cameras.

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought custom sounds were fixed when setting a custom sound but the Geofence notification sounds are not sticking. AND WHY am I seeing a note at the bottom stating hundreds of deleted categories. I do not see that in any other app.

batch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
well the easy fix for the issues was to use ngrok . super simple and you dont need to deal with port forwarding :)

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Has anyone got geofencing to work with lastet update?
It’s been working fine for me... some suggestions:

Make sure the App can...
1. Use battery in background: Setting > Apps > Blue Iris > Battery;
2. Access location all the time: Settings > Apps > Blue Iris > Permissions > Location.

Clear the App’s cache...
Settings > Apps > Blue Iris > Storage.

Reset your device geofences, then reset the the app's geofence radius...
1. App > ? (Info) > Reset Geofences
2. Reboot
3. Move outside (your driveway). Wait a few minutes for the to device to confirm a good geofix (check the blue dot in Google Maps)
4. App > Home > Gear (Settings) > Geofence radius (your preference)
5. Ditto for Geofence update notifications (handy while debugging)

If all else fails....
1. Delete your device from Blue Iris: Settings > Mobile devices
2. Log back in from your device

Last edited:

Plarsson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It’s been working fine for me... some suggestions:

Make sure Blue Iris can...
1. Use battery in background: Setting > Apps > Blue Iris > Battery;
2. Access location all the time: Settings > Apps > Blue Iris > Permissions > Location.

Clear the cache...
Settings > Apps > Blue Iris > Storage.

Reset your device geofences, then reset the the app's geofence radius...
1. App > ? (Info) > Reset Geofences
2. Reboot
3. Move outside (your driveway). Wait a few minutes for the to device to confirm a good geofix (check the blue dot in Google Maps)
4. App > Home > Gear (Settings) > Geofence radius (your preference)
5. Ditto for Geofence update notifications (handy while debugging)

If all else fails....
1. Delete your device from Blue Iris: Settings > Mobile devices
2. Log back in from your device
Yeah... done the above ... twice

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yeah... done the above ... twice
Ouch. I’ve occasionally had similar frustrating geofence experiences with some devices. <list>

If you’re handy with Tasker and coding you can ‘roll your own’...

Plarsson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ouch. I’ve occasionally had similar frustrating geofence experiences with some devices. <list>

If you’re handy with Tasker and coding you can ‘roll your own’...
Oh wait... what is this "Reset your device geofence". If part of the bullets you wrote, ive done it... If not, what is it?

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone got geofencing to work with lastet update?
I had a hard time getting geofencing to work initially but my issue was I didn't give the app all the permissions it needed for it to run. Geofence now works for me buts my phone doesn't always update promptly when I come or leave the geofence. It seems to update most of the time when leaving the geofence in the morning going to work but when coming back home it seems like the app stays dormant. If I open google maps while inside the zone without opening the app I can see my location is where I was earlier in the day but after a few seconds google maps update my location as being home and boom Blue Iris updates the geofence. I've tried giving it all the permissions. I've set my phone to allow it to run in the background and let it have full access to my location but it still isn't reliable.

Last edited:

Schmidtc89

n3wb
Reaction score
I am have audio issues where the sound icon is greyed out on my cameras with audio during live view and playback. I know they are recording audio because the saved clips have the audio icon and playback is fine on the PC. I have one camera in a group and if I view it in that group the audio icon is not greyed out and it plays during live view fine. I tried clearing the cache and data but that didn't fix anything.

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am have audio issues where the sound icon is greyed out on my cameras with audio during live view and playback. I know they are recording audio because the saved clips have the audio icon and playback is fine on the PC. I have one camera in a group and if I view it in that group the audio icon is not greyed out and it plays during live view fine. I tried clearing the cache and data but that didn't fix anything.
Report it via feedback in the app.

I have the same issue and have provided troubleshooting info to the developer, but still not working as of the last version, 3.0.23. Same behaviour on three different makes of Android devices with different Android versions too.

The weird thing is that the audio works in the camera groups (if you use them). I didn't have any camera groups, but had to create them to limit access for debugging and stumbled across it.

Edit: also wanted to add that updating through the last few BI versions didn't affect the app audio, currently on 5.3.9.17.

Last edited:

Schmidtc89

n3wb
Reaction score
Report it via feedback in the app.

I have the same issue and have provided troubleshooting info to the developer, but still not working as of the last version, 3.0.23. Same behaviour on three different makes of Android devices with different Android versions too.

The weird thing is that the audio works in the camera groups (if you use them). I didn't have any camera groups, but had to create them to limit access for debugging and stumbled across it.
Just reported it in the app feedback section. Hopefully will get resolved at some point.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm running version 3.0.22 on a Galaxy S9. I just checked all my cameras that have audio and it works both with individual cameras and with groups. BI version is 5.3.9.17

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you try clicking on the speaker icon? It seems that by default the individual cameras load with the sound turned off. Perhaps it is a bandwidth saving method. Anyway, if you click on the icon, it will turn green and you should hear sound. Same thing with the mic icon.

Schmidtc89

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you try clicking on the speaker icon? It seems that by default the individual cameras load with the sound turned off. Perhaps it is a bandwidth saving method. Anyway, if you click on the icon, it will turn green and you should hear sound. Same thing with the mic icon.
It's greyed out. As shown here, unlike the mic icon.

Screenshot_20210330-151334_Blue Iris.jpg

However now I noticed if I swipe left/right to another camera and then back to the troubled one the icon shows up and I can turn the sound on.

Screenshot_20210330-151400_Blue Iris.jpg

Definitely a bug. I still have no luck turning it on when trying to playback clips.

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's greyed out. As shown here, unlike the mic icon.

View attachment 85798

However now I noticed if I swipe left/right to another camera and then back to the troubled one the icon shows up and I can turn the sound on.

View attachment 85800

Definitely a bug. I still have no luck turning it on when trying to playback clips.
Good find with the swiping, I can reproduce this behaviour too to get around the bug. Still haven't had any update from BI after I supplied them with more info.

Schmidtc89

n3wb
Reaction score
Good find with the swiping, I can reproduce this behaviour too to get around the bug. Still haven't had any update from BI after I supplied them with more info.
Audio issue appears to be fixed in the latest update 3.0.24

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Audio issue appears to be fixed in the latest update 3.0.24
I updated to the new version last night. It's mostly fixed, still a little buggy. If you have audio already enabled for a camera, the audio works as expected. If it's not enabled to start with, the icon is greyed out until you swipe away and swipe back. Then you can toggle it.

I've reported this to support, hopefully they'll get it sorted it out. At least the swiping away and back still works as a work around.

Last edited:

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Folks my phone auto upgraded to 3.0.25 and the pixel 4 doesn't connect. The LAN and WAN address seem correct and I clicked get IPS. Does anybody know where I can find an older version or can share the APK file with me. Thx

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk