The new updated android app has been pushed to the play store

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Everything's working well with one exception for me.

I can't get audio on camera views or playback. The speaker icon is greyed out and doesn't respond to taps, other buttons work fine. Tried on 3 different Android devices with different versions of Android, same result.

I've reported it, but was wondering if anybody has run into this.

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Curious if anyone is having the same issue as me..

Samsung S10e if I go into app notifications for Blue Iris (Android settings) it won't save a notification sound I chose.
I would like to correct myself, I thought my notifications were working because I was able to change the sound after a notification came in but when a new notification comes in, the app wrongly creates a new notification category instead of using the same one. By doing this each new notification defaults to BI's default sound. In the phones "Settings", "Apps", Select Blue Iris from the list, then "Notifications". In my list I see 3 "Motion Alerts" categories and 1 "Geofence Alerts" category. Underneath at the bottom of the list it says "Deleted 34 categories" This means BI is starting a new category for every motion alert. this is why the sound doesn't work.

Last edited:

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
how do you turn notifications on your phone through the app? It might be my phone but i never got them but hoped the new update would allow it.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
After selecting a notification sound and closing this is what it looks like. It never stays at a chosen sound.
Screenshot_20210307-044118_SecSoundPicker.jpg

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also shows 60 deleted categories. When I first noticed this notification issue it was in the teens.
Screenshot_20210307-043806_Settings.jpg

LopezEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You need to read back a page or 2. I had issues with the notification sounds but someone posted a fix earlier in this thread. Basically, delete cache and data from the application. Uninstall it and then reinstall from the playstore. That fixed it for me.

Reaction score
You need to read back a page or 2. I had issues with the notification sounds but someone posted a fix earlier in this thread. Basically, delete cache and data from the application. Uninstall it and then reinstall from the playstore. That fixed it for me.
I have done that a few times now. The behaviour hasn't changed. The only setting that seems to stick is the Pop on screen setting. When the app is first installed Pop on screen is turned on. I'll turn that off, turn Vibration off, and change the Sound. The next notification will retain Pop on screen off, but revert to Vibration on, and Sound to App provided sound.

LopezEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have done that a few times now. The behaviour hasn't changed. The only setting that seems to stick is the Pop on screen setting. When the app is first installed Pop on screen is turned on. I'll turn that off, turn Vibration off, and change the Sound. The next notification will retain Pop on screen off, but revert to Vibration on, and Sound to App provided sound.
Did you remove the android device from the blue iris settings console and then re-add as well? If that doesn't work, then I'm out of ideas.

Reaction score
Did you remove the android device from the blue iris settings console and then re-add as well? If that doesn't work, then I'm out of ideas.
I did not try that. I'll have to give that a shot in a little while. I did sent an email to support to see what they say.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Image on left is before and image on right is after a cache, data wipe and deleting app. I don't even have the option to pick a notification sound now.
alerts.jpg

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok wife got back from shopping and no push notification. App settings still don't show option to pick one either. Looks exactly the same and the picture I recently posted.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no push notifications. what is the issue - bug or certain phones?

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
no push notifications. what is the issue - bug or certain phones?
Well I had it working fine before the latest update. Then I noticed my notification sound changed. After that it all fell apart trying to start all over..

Reaction score
It looks like a fix is coming soon for the notification noise/vibration bug. I just received this in a reply to my email to support:

Apologies. 3.0.22 has the fix. Coming soon.
-- Sam

ETA: Yes, 3.0.22 fixes this issue. I was able to set my own sound and it stuck

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
3.0.22 was pushed from the app store today. No experience yet with sounds or even geofence, sitting on the couch after working outside today.

batch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the issues started after 3.0.13 correct? does anyone have an apk of 3.0.12 ? i cant find one anywhere

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
confirmed I was able to set a custom sound but odd I'm still seeing a message at the bottom that says it deleted a whack of categories.