The new updated android app has been pushed to the play store

Ironsaddl3

n3wb
Reaction score
Folks my phone auto upgraded to 3.0.25 and the pixel 4 doesn't connect. The LAN and WAN address seem correct and I clicked get IPS. Does anybody know where I can find an older version or can share the APK file with me. Thx

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Same problem on Galaxy S8, can only connect to the newest version of blue iris, 2 older installs I manage are unreachable. however the webpages are still functional.

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
3.0.25 working great on my Pixel 5, they finally fixed the audio issue. Running BI 5.4.3.12.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm running BI 5.3.3.2 so that may be an issue
Any way to get an older APK file?

Thx

JakeD

n3wb
Reaction score
Latest update broke my access too, my servers are 4.8.6.3 and the apk 3.0.25
Was the previous version of the apk 3.0.24 or a different version?
I'm trying to find the previous version somewhere.
Thanks,
J

Ethan_G

n3wb
Reaction score
Latest update broke my access too, my servers are 4.8.6.3 and the apk 3.0.25
Was the previous version of the apk 3.0.24 or a different version?
I'm trying to find the previous version somewhere.
Thanks,
J
I am in the exact same situation where I cannot connect to my 4.8.6.3 server using the 3.0.25 app. A really old version of the android blue iris (before the major update) connects immediately.

Ethan_G

n3wb
Reaction score
Update: I had been putting off upgrading to V5, but after doing that (upgrading to V5) by purchasing the support license for roughly $37, I was able to login using the android app V3.0.25.
I followed this forum post for the upgrade procedure, and encountered no issues. V4 to V5 Upgrade Procedure - Blue Iris

Last edited:

PascalP

n3wb
Reaction score
Folks my phone auto upgraded to 3.0.25 and the pixel 4 doesn't connect. The LAN and WAN address seem correct and I clicked get IPS. Does anybody know where I can find an older version or can share the APK file with me. Thx

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Same here Galaxy S10 blueIris V4 4.8.6.3, android app version 3.0.25 . Last version of the app (last week), work great with BlueIris version 4.

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As stated before. The New app does not work on BI 4. It is time to upgrade to BI5

I am have No problems running the following.

BI App version 3.0.25
BI version 5.4.3.12
Pixel 4a
Android 11 build RQ2A.210405.005

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does anyone have the previous apk? I didn't realize auto update settings were on.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just like the form factor and design of the previous version better. I'm not big on design changes once something is clean and works well. Will there be any problem continuing to use the previous version or will it at some point stop working?

andre__x

n3wb
Reaction score
New update rolling out on android, conect to server work fine now.
I've the 3.0.26 version installed (28/04/21), but the connestion over HTTPS still doesn't work.
This is really not acceptable, this is not a kid software, I've paid for it and I use it in my company, how is it that an update breaks everything???

Last edited:

DebrodeD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In response to andre_x, apparently the new app doesn't allow using "self-signed certificates" which is what most of us use with Stunnel. Can anyone tell me the best solution to get mobile access to blue iris back up and running when away from home? This has been pretty low on my priority list since I've been working from home for the past year, but I'll be going back to work pretty soon and really want this working. From what I can tell the best options are either VPN or using a signed certificate? What is the easiest path forward?

LopezEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I actually already use Ubiquiti UniFi, and tried to use their built-in l2tp VPN setup, but it is EXTREMELY slow, so now I'm thinking of doing a wireguard rasberry pi?
How is it slow? The reason I ask is because my unifi l2tp vpn was slow when I used tmobile data. I had some suspicions that tmobile was throttling the connection so I switched to Verizon and the speeds increased dramatically.

DebrodeD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How is it slow? The reason I ask is because my unifi l2tp vpn was slow when I used tmobile data. I had some suspicions that tmobile was throttling the connection so I switched to Verizon and the speeds increased dramatically.
I use tmobile as well (through metro) and that's lame, haha. I'm not going to switch carriers to get it to work though, so maybe I'll try wireguard.

LopezEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use tmobile as well (through metro) and that's lame, haha. I'm not going to switch carriers to get it to work though, so maybe I'll try wireguard.
I figured out it's Tmobile by connecting to my VPN through my brother's wifi network at his house. The speed was fine when I connected their but when I logged off his wifi and connected through my 5G data connection (tmobile), it seemed to be throttled to dial up speeds.

I called and complained but they swore up and down that it wasn't them. However, as soon as I switched to Verizon, I had no speed issues.

DebrodeD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My friend put together a guide that worked great in getting my stunnel back up and working with a full-chain certificate. Just follow the guide here: szanzibar/autocerts. I chose not to go the VPN path as it would have required an always-on VPN which I didn't want to deal with (though may try wireguard later) since we use BI for doorbell notifications.