The new updated android app has been pushed to the play store

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I cannot get the live or the playback in full screen with the new version on my Android. Double tapping makes it a little bigger but still framed by the app in vert and horizontal view. Am I missing how to do full screen or is it no longer available?

Also The text and buttons are very large and clunky taking up a lot more of the screen and in some areas cannot be seen. I use a slightly larger than default font on the phone for text & email. Could this affect the app font size of the entire app? I did not on the prev version.

Alos it pops a message at start up that I need to upgrade my primary BI server program but I am on Ver 5.2x something. Just have not paid up the additional now annual $35 buck or whatever to get continued release upgrade and bug fixes yet. So not sure if that is causing the issues.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I switched back to 2.0.71 and am happy again. Cleaner more compact look without the giant font and icons...not sure what was going on there... and I have full screen view of cameras back. For all it offers this is an amazing software / app combo. I'm not fond of now having to pay annually to keep it upgraded though but anything comparable would still cost more I believe.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can always find a stable version that works for you and not update. Many here, including myself, haven't updated to the most recent version although we still have time remaining on our purchase. I have only updated when something was added that would be of benefit to me - for me that was the substream option. I will renew when it is time because it is cheap and funds future improvements that may add something I would like.

VirtualCam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In regards to all the SSL certificate issues, it would be nice if Blue Iris simply had a automated way to import Lets Encrypt certificates. I already run a domain and serveral services for which I obtain and regularly renew a Lets Encrypt wildcard certificate. It would be nice if BI had a way for me to point it to a location on a file share and configured it to import the cert on a regular basis.

VirtualCam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with the Android app freezing/jumping when going above 4x playback speed?

My IOS devices can go up to 256x with smooth playback so I know it's not my server or WiFi speed.

wftomlin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Still no joy for me.

I didn't have Google backup turned on, however I found the APK for v2.0.71 <here>.
I've successfully installed it and disabled auto-updates (Play Store App > 3-Bar icon > Settings).

BTW, if you do this and use geofencing, don't forget to 1) reset your geofences (Blue Iris app > Information), 2) set the your geofence up again (Blue Iris app > Settings).
From past experience I always reboot the device between these steps, then take my device outside and ensure that apps GPS Status and Google Maps show an accurate & precise geolocation BEFORE proceeding to step 2.
Have you had any problems after downloading and installing the old version from this site? I know it's taking a risk getting apps from a non-playstore site. TIA.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Have you had any problems after downloading and installing the old version from this site? I know it's taking a risk getting apps from a non-playstore site. TIA.
No issues at all.
I’m running the new version now (3.0.18)

Kameraad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I never used the old version, but i don't have a lot to complain about the new version. I'm running openvpn, so no issues there. What i do miss compared to the dahua app (gdmss) is the layout of the "all cameras" view. I have 6 cams which are showed in 3 columns/2 rows, very ineffecient on a phone. Is there any way to change this layout?

Compnor

n3wb
Reaction score
I've not noticed this yet, but it appears the updated app is creating new "Notification categories".

Here's how you can inspect them...

1. Long-press a Blue Iris notification in your device's 'notification tray'. You should see something like this...
View attachment 83240

2. Touch "Details" and you should see something like this...
View attachment 83241

3. Touch the "Motion Alerts' entry and you should something like these. Here you may be able to make necessary changes.
View attachment 83242 View attachment 83245

As you can see in my device's screenshot in step 2, I have two "Motion Alerts' entries active. I'm now testing by disabling 1 at a time.
Also, the same screenshot shows a message that 3 categories were deleted. I'm not sure what these were, but I'd like to know!
Thanks - I checked those settings and basically had the same as you but with 5 deleted categories.

I ended up opening a ticket with support, and the issue is now resolved. Here is what worked to fix the issue:
1. Uninstall and reinstall the ap on the phone
2. Went in and deleted the phone that was the issue on the BI server settings page for mobile devices, then after logging in with my phone, reenabled push notifications in that same settings dialogue.

I am so happy to have this functionality back - didn't realize how much I rely on push notifications with a specific BI tone to know what is going on around my property.

Thanks all for you help!

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm unfortunately having no luck with the latest version. I have no playback capability at all. I'm able to view live streams, see notifications, even see notification images but cannot play any clips!

I did open a ticket and Ken was very kind, I provided as much detail as I could but he asked for a temporary login to have his app developer access my camera network. Unfortunately I only have access via VPN and my router doesn't allow me to create or change certificates so I don't have a way for them to access the system without giving out my only VPN certificate.

Any ideas how I can help them diagnose the problem? I offered to zoom and grant remote access through that but haven't heard back in a few days now

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This latest version finally fixed the constant reloading of clips for me. The app still has some bugs to address and polishing but its pretty stable for me now.

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yep, I can playback clips now but it is not working properly. If I click an alert it brings me to a black screen, then I have to swipe left and right to get the clip to actually play. At least some functionality has been restored :)

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Seems like the last two updates have smoothed out the app for me. Also loads every time I open it now.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Curious if anyone is having the same issue as me..

Samsung S10e if I go into app notifications for Blue Iris (Android settings) it won't save a notification sound I chose.

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
on my s10 ultra I can change the sound np in fact its the first thing I did upon receiving my first notification :)

Reaction score
Curious if anyone is having the same issue as me..

Samsung S10e if I go into app notifications for Blue Iris (Android settings) it won't save a notification sound I chose.
I have v3.0.21 installed on my Pixel 4a and have this issue. Each new notification is resetting any changes I make in the Android Notification settings for Blue Iris. It's defaulting back to vibration on and no sound. In the Blue Iris app I have Play Push Notification Sound set to On, and Vibrate On Push Notification set to Off.

ticines

n3wb
Reaction score
I have v3.0.21 installed on my Pixel 4a and have this issue. Each new notification is resetting any changes I make in the Android Notification settings for Blue Iris. It's defaulting back to vibration on and no sound. In the Blue Iris app I have Play Push Notification Sound set to On, and Vibrate On Push Notification set to Off.
For me same issue
Samsung s20