Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

EricLEE

n3wb
Reaction score
So having issues lately with the uniden db-1 using the RCA app, my app shows the device is offline.. but I can access it via WEB and I get alerts on the RCA app of motion, I just can't view videos or history just the snapshots of the alert.

so isn't it odd that I get snapshot alerts and still get an offline message?

this DB-1 never works when needed... ugh

wish I never cut the door frame to mount it..

EricLEE

n3wb
Reaction score
So having issues lately with the uniden db-1 using the RCA app, my app shows the device is offline.. but I can access it via WEB and I get alerts on the RCA app of motion, I just can't view videos or history just the snapshots of the alert.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Yep. Mine has shown offline for at least a week now, but I use BI to access it.

lk229

n3wb
Reaction score

Mine also does the same thing... goes "Offline" pretty often, but I can still access it via the web and through my Onvif NVR. I also don't get the Ring notice on my phone until minutes after I've answered the door. Useless if I wasn't home.

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 2 RCA brand and 1 LaView brand. All three are being used. One RCA and one LaView experienced offline issue about a week ago, but the other RCA never had any offline issue at all. Weird. I viewed all three on the same phone app. Anyway the offline issue I suspected was the server from Hikvision lost communication to the phone application. But the doorbell itself did not lose connection to the server and thus motion alerts were still triggered and sent to your phone but the app was showing offline.

I always just go to either the web portal or IVMS 4200 app to reboot the camera. Then do manual adding on the phone app using the the 9 digit Serial number. The 9 digit serial number on some brand does not appear on the sticker of the doorbell camera. My Laview one does not have the 9 digit serial number but a very long S/N with numbers and characters mixed. I had to mark down the 9 digit serial number when I scan the QR code. The RCA brand does have the 9 digit serial number on the sticker.

Once finish manually adding serial number, wait for it to indicate online or offline. Keep trying until the doorbell comes online, then type the 6 letter verification code on the sticker. Then you can quickly add the camera back to the phone app.

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've got an RCA that I put the HikVision fw on. Is there a link for all the FW some place that I can put the original back on?

Reaction score

PJG

n3wb
Reaction score
Trying to decide whether to get this unit or not. I need a camera for the front and back door area. I would love to get the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE camera, but retrofitting RJ45 to the area will be difficult. I currently have RJ45 going to the doorbell for the front and back. The current doorbell only use 2 wires. Still the location would need to change if I get the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE cameras. What are my options? Please advise.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Any new FW updates for this video doorbell? I'm on FW v180726 but have experienced the offline issue mentioned above a couple of times now. Things continue to work with motion detection notifications but no video viewing from microsd card until you manually get it back online status. Wonder if hikvision is screwing around with security setttings on the cloud hik-connect backend that's causing these doorbells to go into offline state easier than in the past...

iakov

n3wb
Reaction score
there must be something happening to hik-connect cloud service, I used to receive notifications as soon as they happened but last few months there's a delay, sometimes no delay and sometimes notifications would come all at once all of a sudden

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My doorbell keeps freezing. Is there some firmware that fixes this?

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Freezing fixed.....

Is there a page or something with collected FW for these things? What is the best firmware to be running? I have the latest on there but I can't seem to get my NVR to work with this.

PJG

n3wb
Reaction score
Freezing fixed.....

Is there a page or something with collected FW for these things? What is the best firmware to be running? I have the latest on there but I can't seem to get my NVR to work with this.
How did you fix the freezing issue?

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Full hard reset, wiped the settings and finally reinstalled everything, and did the FW upgrade. Oh, and I've also got 19v across the power line, not 23/24 that might have an affect.

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys, my Dahua NVR sees this but I can't get video off of it. I never get the green light no matter what I do. Is there something I have to do in order to get the Dahua NVR to work with this thing? In the iVMS-4200 I need to set or something? Also, is there a way to change the wifi network that this is on? I tried the QR generation and holding it in front of the doorbell but no luck.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Guys, my Dahua NVR sees this but I can't get video off of it. I never get the green light no matter what I do. Is there something I have to do in order to get the Dahua NVR to work with this thing? In the iVMS-4200 I need to set or something? Also, is there a way to change the wifi network that this is on? I tried the QR generation and holding it in front of the doorbell but no luck.
I view and record my RCA variant with my Dahua 5216-4KS2 NVR for a year now with onvif settings.

Attachments

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm I don't have those options, but I managed to get it going via custom and rtsp.

PJG

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I received my LaView doorbell today. I connected the doorbell to my existing doorbell wire and the Laview doorbell is constantly ringing. Based on some research it looks like my Broan/NuTone C305 Mechanical Door Chime may be incompatible with the Laview doorbell. Any recommendation on what to try?

I need to go under the house to determine what transformer I have. The unit is not initializing to allow me to setup the unit. I may not have enough voltage going to the unit.

Attached is a photo of how my current doorbell is connected..

IMG_1519.jpg Capture.JPG

Last edited: