Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You would install it in series like normal bells.

Timmons

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

A thread lurker that is hoping i could get some help...Installed my uniden bell and upgraded the firmware to v180726. Unfortunately, it works but the connection is so weak that the camera doesn't stay connected and doesn't stream very well at all. The connection to video call to mic is also real delayed. So i'm looking at the edwards transformer to install. This attached image is what is connected to a wall that the doorbell sound comes out of.. the doorbell works itself but is buzzing now that i've installed it too. This is the transformer right? What am I looking at exactly?

Thanks

Attachments

klunkerbus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
...This is the transformer right? What am I looking at exactly?
No, that's just the mechanical chime part. The two rods with springs around them are solenoids that are "pulled" into the block when the doorbell button is pressed. Have someone press the button for you so can see this.

The transformer would be located somewhere else - here they are typically mounted on furnaces, but I've also seen and heard others talking aobut finding them mounted to a circuit breaker panel.

These smart doorbell buttons can make the chime solenoids buzz since, unlike simple mechanical buttons, the smart doorbell buttons are drawing current all the time to keep them powered up. That current flows through the solenoid coil wired to that location. The amount of current will change as the processing load in the doorbell button changes, and that sets you up for the buzzing from the solenoid.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I've had the doorbell for a while now and have to say that it is absolute junk. It goes offline regularly, notifies me when the bell is pushed maybe 1 out of 5 times and I've literally only been able to have a 2-way conversation once since I got it and it was voice only.

Hikvision dropped the ball big time on this product! I can't recommend it to anyone until it is stable enough to actually work and use.

klunkerbus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
...Based on some research it looks like my Broan/NuTone C305 Mechanical Door Chime may be incompatible with the Laview doorbell. Any recommendation on what to try?
Yeah, that 4-note or 8-note chime likely won't work. You need to find a more basic two-note chime where you get one note when you press the doorbell button, and another note when you release it (assuming the button is wired to the front door terminal on the chime). Basically, look for the cheapest doorbell chime you can - that'll probably be the type you need. Timmons posted an image of one just above.

Timmons

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. Will head downstairs with a flashlight after work today I guess to look for it.

BeerNut

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I agree this product isn't worth retail. Even paying $50 and mainly interested in the camera this product is disappointing. The Hikvision app works occasionally but has been unresponsive for several weeks now and I can't be bothered to reset the doorbell again. Upgrading the transformer solved my WiFi connection issues, I would lose connection constantly even with full house coverage with Ubiquiti APs. Also I unplugged the built-in IR lights as the glare makes the camera worthless at night and with sufficient lighting by the doorbell it's not needed.

PJG

n3wb
Reaction score
Based on all the bad reviews, I think I will return my 2 units. I may take a look at the mini-dome style of camera for the front and rear door. I already have CAT5e ran to both locations for the existing doorbell and only using a pair of the wires. I hope I am able to use the other 3 pairs at each location for camera.

Timmons

n3wb
Reaction score
Somewhat discouraging that people are not having much luck with this as someone who just started in trying to get it setup and is considering a transformer to replace the old one. I only paid 50 so it seems like this is worth a try.. isn't anyone on here happy with it?

klunkerbus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Somewhat discouraging that people are not having much luck with this as someone who just started in trying to get it setup and is considering a transformer to replace the old one. I only paid 50 so it seems like this is worth a try.. isn't anyone on here happy with it?
Fundamentally, I think you have to compare the DB1 against whatever alternative you might have. I'm not aware of a perfect solution - especially one that doesn't involve an ongoing fee to use. From that perspective, all things considered, I'm "OK" with our DB1. Is it a robust product? No. Have I made some adjustments from my original plans in how we use the DB1? Yes. I've improved the WiFi at the doorbell beyond what I feel I should have had to. I've upgraded the transformer. I stopped trying to have the doorbell sending notifications to more than one phone. I stopped trying to feed the DB1 video into my NVR. And like others, I concluded I'm better off using the RCA Security app than any of the other apps.

Does the DB1 still go offline for me? Yeah, maybe every week or two. I do wish one of the ipcamtalk vendors (Empire or Nelly's) would get to the bottom of whether that is something to do with our doorbells or with the servers at HikVision so we know how to best deal with it.

klunkerbus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a page or something with collected FW for these things? What is the best firmware to be running? I have the latest on there but I can't seem to get my NVR to work with this.
The "most complete" listing of firmware options I'm aware of is at Nelly's Security. On their firmware downloads page, select Camera type, brand NSC, and model NSC-DB1 to get the firmware options. Unfortunately, there are no release notes, the version number doesn't appear to ever change, and some "releases" might actually be the same code base just packaged with different audio clips.

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Fundamentally, I think you have to compare the DB1 against whatever alternative you might have. I'm not aware of a perfect solution - especially one that doesn't involve an ongoing fee to use. From that perspective, all things considered, I'm "OK" with our DB1. Is it a robust product? No. Have I made some adjustments from my original plans in how we use the DB1? Yes. I've improved the WiFi at the doorbell beyond what I feel I should have had to. I've upgraded the transformer. I stopped trying to have the doorbell sending notifications to more than one phone. I stopped trying to feed the DB1 video into my NVR. And like others, I concluded I'm better off using the RCA Security app than any of the other apps.

Does the DB1 still go offline for me? Yeah, maybe every week or two. I do wish one of the ipcamtalk vendors (Empire or Nelly's) would get to the bottom of whether that is something to do with our doorbells or with the servers at HikVision so we know how to best deal with it.
Yea i agree with your assessment. there isn't any product stable enough or better than the DB1 that requires no subscription fee.

I have experienced very slow to almost no live streaming from the app these two days. I switched between LaView app and Hickvision app. Neither solved the problem. I guess the hikvision server is doing some sh*t now. all three of my DB1s have the same symptom these two days.

But I saw live streaming on IVMS-4200 locally with some delay, not huge. so there might be something wrong with the server.

I guess it's time for me to move to IRIS or some other application to get the local stream rather than relying on hikvision server.

DognamedTank

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine has been running pretty steady since I installed it at least 6 months ago (might have been longer, I can't remember). However, I don't have it connected to the Hikvision cloud and only use it with the BI notifications. I can stream it with the BI app fine. Because of its placement on my walkway, I have been using an overview camera to set the triggers for the camera. It also stays in color mode all night because of my porch lights. If the lights go off, it doesn't get a clear picture at all.
I guess my conclusion is that as a cam that is low enough to get some faces, and be powered by my doorbell transformer, it does the trick. I'm glad that my setup allows me to not rely on the Hikvision cloud, as that seems to introduce a few headaches.

Timmons

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey i have the edward signaling 598 transformer on the way and am just curious as to what wiring everyone used? is the 16V 30VA the way to go? or 24V 30VA?

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey i have the edward signaling 598 transformer on the way and am just curious as to what wiring everyone used? is the 16V 30VA the way to go? or 24V 30VA?
i got the same 598 in July this year using the 16 V 30 VA. it's been extremely stable except the hikvision cloud server has been giving me headache these three days.

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Mine has been running pretty steady since I installed it at least 6 months ago (might have been longer, I can't remember). However, I don't have it connected to the Hikvision cloud and only use it with the BI notifications. I can stream it with the BI app fine. Because of its placement on my walkway, I have been using an overview camera to set the triggers for the camera. It also stays in color mode all night because of my porch lights. If the lights go off, it doesn't get a clear picture at all.
I guess my conclusion is that as a cam that is low enough to get some faces, and be powered by my doorbell transformer, it does the trick. I'm glad that my setup allows me to not rely on the Hikvision cloud, as that seems to introduce a few headaches.
Are you using the blue iris windows that charges $29.95 for a single camera and $59.95 for multiple cameras? the blue iris app on app store charges $9.95 in addition to the windows version. Are you guys talking about this blue iris? or do you have another blue iris somewhere for free?

DognamedTank

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you using the blue iris windows that charges $29.95 for a single camera and $59.95 for multiple cameras? the blue iris app on app store charges $9.95 in addition to the windows version. Are you guys talking about this blue iris? or do you have another blue iris somewhere for free?
I use the full version for my server since I have 20+ cameras. It is worth it for all of the features that you get. I doubt you'll find a better value. I also use the app in addition to the server. For less than the cost of a decent camera and you have a full feature VMS system with a very active developer.

Reaction score
What is the best APP for the Hikvision DoorBell ?

I recently put in a Uniden Model DB1 which I am pretty sure is the same as the Hikvision and other doorbell models below. Somewhere I read you can use any of the apps for other manufacturers. When I take a look at the HikVision Connect and the Uniden App they look almost the same except for color and a few extra sharing features on the Uniden. But I have not fully registered and connected the bell to the Hikvision as of yet.

Has anyone figured out which app is updated most often or has the most features? I know 'the best' is subjective but generally speaking some apps that are updated more often are ideal.

HikVision Connect - v3.6.4.1121
Uniden One - v1.2.0.0604
RCA App v?

Does anyone know if these app versions numbers are of the same app? Is Uniden that far behind or do they use a different versioning number.

DoorBell Models
HikVision DS-KB6003-WIP
LTS LTK6128W-WIFI
Clare CVP-B2DB50-ODIW
Uniden Model DB1
RCA (i forget the model #)

Reaction score
My LaView app will no longer let me login... I have been using this for about a year with no login issues, but yesterday I restarted my phone, and when I checked on the doorbell, the main login screen appeared, but It says the login info doesn't match their records. So I tried recovering my password- says my phone number is not recognized. I then uninstalled/reinstalled the app and tried to add my doorbell, but it says the device is already registered to an account? Any ideas?
Thanks