Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I dove into IP cameras 2 months ago with $40 Faleemi camera from Amazon with the intent of mounting it at my front door entry. It had a pigtail of 3 connections(LAN,power,reset) that I would have to drill a huge hole through my soffit for a neat installation. When I found the DB1 that uses existing doorbell power WOW! This camera works perfectly, motion detection fine tuned, doorbell chime with no hum. It is not a full blown camera but it does the job WELL. I would not recommend it to someone who is not up for a technical challenge. Don’t have to leave my PC on and full time record to my Hikvision DS-7104 NVR.

Mconigs78

n3wb
Reaction score
I dove into IP cameras 2 months ago with $40 Faleemi camera from Amazon with the intent of mounting it at my front door entry. It had a pigtail of 3 connections(LAN,power,reset) that I would have to drill a huge hole through my soffit for a neat installation. When I found the DB1 that uses existing doorbell power WOW! This camera works perfectly, motion detection fine tuned, doorbell chime with no hum. It is not a full blown camera but it does the job WELL. I would not recommend it to someone who is not up for a technical challenge. Don’t have to leave my PC on and full time record to my Hikvision DS-7104 NVR.
nice glad its working well for you. what firmware are you currently on?

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You would need to set it up BI to launch as a service or setup the computer to auto login and launch at startup which is what I do on mine. Make sure the bios of the PC is set to power on after power failure.

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You would need to set it up BI to launch as a service or setup the computer to auto login and launch at startup which is what I do on mine. Make sure the bios of the PC is set to power on after power failure.
Sounds interesting, thanks for the reply Chadsturgill!

How about ONVIF compatibility with BI? email snapshots, motion detection, etc?

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BI can connect to virtually any type of IP camera. It supports Onvif. Now as far as what it supports as an output, that is limited. I have an email out to BI and the developer said he has it on his to do list to add RTSP. Not sure of other things. This Hikvision doorbell isn’t working with Monoclecam which allows an RTSP stream to be displayed on your FireTV. Pretty slick. My lower quality icontrol network 1000 cameras all work just fine, but this one will never start streaming to the FireTV. The monoclecam dev suggested that the FireTV doesn’t like something with how it responds. It seems as if this particular camera has a different type of response than other Hikvision cameras. I’m not sure what the problem is but none the less it’s a problem. If I could run the RTSP from an NVR or BI then I would have a consistent working solution for all cameras. “Alexa show doorbell camera” pops up on screen. Pretty cool.

bccrew

n3wb
Reaction score
They finally fixed an annoying problem in Android 8.0 roms with the Hik-Connect app. Since the latest update it's now possible to "clear" the notifications. Before this update you had to open the app and close it again to make it dissappear. Thanks Hikvision!

2018-08-29 16.55.04 (Small).jpg

Mconigs78

n3wb
Reaction score
Just a quick update.... Well im a idiot when setting this up. I did the opposite for the area that needed to be monitored to get motion detection. I was making the screen clear for the area that I wanted to monitor instead of using the boxes. So now its been working great for me.

Springer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I finally got my Uniden unit from Amazon and upgraded to 180726. When I decline the "call" on my phone, I get the subscriber message. Is this expected? Also using two way audio seems to ring my door bell/reboot the device. :(
Running a Uniden version V1.4.62 Build 171225 . This appears to be an older firmware than the 180726 that you updated to, but I do not get the "subscriber unavailable" message.

The Onvif capability would be nice to have, but I am hesitant to update if this firmware causes the "subscriber" message to appear.

Does anyone have a copy of this build or know of a way to save the current 1.4.62 build 171225 before updating ?

I'm on V1.4.62 Build 171225

Attached is a zip file of a video clip with audio of the noise.
I think this is normal background noise. Mine sounds similar until I turn the microphone down to 0 at which time the people on the other end cannot hear me. I did find the mic setting to be on the high side so I run with it set 2 clicks up from the 0 mark in the Uniden app.

DB1owner

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all and Msconigs78. Just jumped on a deal for a Reolink IP cam on sale. I've got the bug to expand to a new camera with a wider view than my narrow front porch. The cam will be much clearer as well. I have some days off soon, so plan to install that PoE cam on the corner of my house (remove my floodlight), and run the cable to a PoE switch (not purchased yet), to router, then hopefully BI will see it on my network. Routing the cable is the hardest part of the installation I expect.

Reaction score
Hello all and Msconigs78. Just jumped on a deal for a Reolink IP cam on sale. I've got the bug to expand to a new camera with a wider view than my narrow front porch. The cam will be much clearer as well. I have some days off soon, so plan to install that PoE cam on the corner of my house (remove my floodlight), and run the cable to a PoE switch (not purchased yet), to router, then hopefully BI will see it on my network. Routing the cable is the hardest part of the installation I expect.
Reolink is not well-received here. They've been deceptive in their advertising and statements to customers, and their video codec implementations cause issues with Blue Iris. Just warning you.

DB1owner

n3wb
Reaction score
Reolink is not well-received here. They've been deceptive in their advertising and statements to customers, and their video codec implementations cause issues with Blue Iris. Just warning you.
Thank you for the warning. Would you have an IP camera suggestion for Blue Iris, and also a suggestion for a 4/5-port PoE switch?

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Running a Uniden version V1.4.62 Build 171225 . This appears to be an older firmware than the 180726 that you updated to, but I do not get the "subscriber unavailable" message.

The Onvif capability would be nice to have, but I am hesitant to update if this firmware causes the "subscriber" message to appear.

Does anyone have a copy of this build or know of a way to save the current 1.4.62 build 171225 before updating ?
They removed that message completely in the newest firmware dated 07-26-18 (Build 180726).

DB1owner

n3wb
Reaction score

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

DB1owner

n3wb
Reaction score
RyanODan, thank you for the information! I look forward to progressing in my home security system project. Appreciate your help!

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I see Nelly's site have the side wedge for this doorbell on sale, can you tell us what degree of tilt is the wedge? thank you.