Swann SW-Viewcam (need to change language from Chinese to English)

sumguy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I picked up something called a Swann SW-Viewcam today (for $30 CAD) from a local retailer that sells a lot of "refurbished" electronics. The camera is spec'd at 720P and it looks like the older D-Link DCS-9XX cameras. It has an SD-card slot (which is nice). I see that it is referred to by Swann as a "cube" camera in the instruction booklet. If you're wondering what this looks like, just search for Swann SW-Viewcam.

Anyways, I wanted to use it to replace a DCS-932L camera that I can no longer get a picture from (the web interface works, but no image). I found that it is accessible from a browser on port 112, but the firmware menus are all in Chinese language, with no obvious language setting (reminds me of a Chinese-market hikvision IP-camera I was dealing with 6 months ago).

I tried the trick of accessing the camera in Chrome, and using the language-translate function of Chrome, but it doesn't seem to work (that trick did work with the Hikvision).

Anyone here have any experience with this camera, specifically getting the web-interface language set to English? Or where to look to see if Swann has a downloadable english firmware for this?

Also - just reading a few things on IP camtalk - Swann seems to sell a lot of re-badged Hikvision stuff? Could this camera have a hikvision counterpart?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
return it. A crappy wyze camera would be a step up from that outdated cam.