Swann ADS-466 password problems

barbs706

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys.
I have had my Swann ADS-466 camera for a week now and so far, I am impressed.

However, a few days ago I upgraded the firmware to the lastest version: 2.1.11
Now I cannot log in to the web interface (ipaddress:85) using the default username/password (admin/12345)

I have reset the camera using the button on the rear on the unit, resetup using the Swann Cloud App, but the web interface still says username and password incorrect. The camera functions fine using the Swann Cloud app or Swann Cloud website.

Has the default username and password changed in this latest firmware revision? Or is there something else that I am missing?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Same problem here.

The original default username/password (admin/12345) I got from the HikVision website, as the Swann is a rebadge version of that AFAIK.

I haven't found anything to suggest that the defaults have been changed.

If you find anything useful, please post.

http://www.hikvision.com/entest/support.asp

barbs706

n3wb
Reaction score
Solved!

I called their support line last night and they told me to use the cameras ethernet MAC address as the password, without the colons.

For example:
username: admin
password: A0F459D6xxxx

You cannot do this via wifi, the camera has to be cable connected to your network. (iv'e tried!)

Once signed in, I changed the admin password, disconnected the network cable and was able to log into the camera using my new password, and via wifi.

I can now use my own ip camera recording software instead of the Swann Cloud. Currently working well with ISpy.

Hope this helps Ravi Jeyendran.

Reaction score
Thanks a lot!

I managed to take down my camera and connect on the wired connection using the MAC address as you stated.

codetrap

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for this! I got back into my upgraded cameras because of this thread. I didn't have to take them down as the ethernet mac is printed on the stickers on the camera.

Now, anyone got the continous recording to an SD card working?

Remorris

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for this! I got back into my upgraded cameras because of this thread. I didn't have to take them down as the ethernet mac is printed on the stickers on the camera.

Now, anyone got the continous recording to an SD card working?
my sw-wifiptx cameras don't have the MAC address on the body.
I spent 3 days with increasingly skilled support people from Swann. I found out that you can use the swann cloud cameras with the swann plus app (I am using an iPad Air)
this also means you can set the Windows Swann Plus program. I am trying the Swann Eye program. It has a huge amount of features like a scheduler (when you want the camera to start/stop the motion capture).
it also allows you to save files on the Windows computer and not have to mess with swann cloud.

But out you MUST know the user name and password. Like everyone else, I upgraded all but one of my cameras firmware and not can't get into them.

Any comments?

somewhere I saw a post that was a JavaScript app that would generate a password. Where is that and where is the source code?

richard

Remorris

n3wb
Reaction score
Forgot to add, I have put 128gb micro SD cards in an adapter (tiny card turns into the right size for the slot). Seems to work. I have 6 64gb cards coming in. I am buying them on eBay for about $3.00 for the 128 gb size. If anyone is interested, I will post a link or the exact type of micro SD card

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
my sw-wifiptx cameras don't have the MAC address on the body.
Unless I have misunderstood - you are trying to reset the forgotten password but can't as part of the reset code is the MAC address and you don't have it.
Assuming you know the camera IP address, on the PC at a command line, ping the camera then use 'arp -a' to list the arp cache and note down the camera MAC address against it's IP address.
Or - check the 'connected devices' list on your router admin web GUI.

Tdkmatt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys

I just bought the same camera and set it all up with the swann cloud app it worked great the app advised there was a new firmware which I think was 2.11.18 or so after the update i wanted to have the cam on wifi so i reset it with the button and i have not been able to get the qr code to work and the camera be assigned and configured.

But funny enough in my dhcp listing i have two addresses one wifi and one eth. So i can surf to both and get a login but no passowrds work. I tried thac address with out the : in capitals and without. Funny tho aro shows both network adapters have the same mac....

Any ideas?

codetrap

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys

I just bought the same camera and set it all up with the swann cloud app it worked great the app advised there was a new firmware which I think was 2.11.18 or so after the update i wanted to have the cam on wifi so i reset it with the button and i have not been able to get the qr code to work and the camera be assigned and configured.

But funny enough in my dhcp listing i have two addresses one wifi and one eth. So i can surf to both and get a login but no passowrds work. I tried thac address with out the : in capitals and without. Funny tho aro shows both network adapters have the same mac....

Any ideas?
The password is your wired ethernet address. Lower case. No special characters.

Tdkmatt

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep tried that too it says its invalid i entered the mac 020fb54axxxx user admin

Reaction score
Another year another firmware update. Same old problem, only this time the MAC address isn't working (tried on wired BTW). Firmware is 3.0.7