SD59225U-HNI DH_SD-Eos_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.810.0000000.4.R.200509.zip;

Karan007

n3wb
Reaction score
The timing of this update was fortuitous for me - my push notifications from the SD59225U to my Android app (gDMSS) stopped working about a week ago - just out of the blue. I didnt change any settings or hardware, or... anything at all, and one day gDMSS plus just stops sending me notifications from the tripwire and intrusion zone I had set up.

I tried the usual - checking to make sure the network settings were good, ensuring that Mobile Push under System Services was enabled (and then toggling it off and back on again). I restarted the cam, I then power cycled the cam, I tried unsubscribing and resubscribing the Alarms in the mobile app, none of it was working. I deleted my profile on the app, deleted the app, downloaded the app again, recreated a profile, added my camera again, subscribed to the Alarms again - all nothing. Nothing was bringing back the push notifications on gDMSS.

After some googling and reading that people had intermittent and unexplained issued with IP cams and push notifications with , it seems like , every brand of camera, i resigned myself to thinking it was just a glitch that would somehow magically start working on its own again in the future.

... So I tried setting up email notifications, which I also could not get to work. This was especially frustrating as I knew the settings I was using were good - I copied the exact same settings that I had in use on another camera of mine; same smtp server, same port, same user name, pwd, encryption, addresses- everything. And NOTHING but failed attempts at sending a test email in the SMTP settings. FWIW; I was never able to get email notifications to work on this cam from day 1, but I also didnt try super hard, as the app/push notifications are better for my use, and those were working.

TLDR; I should have come here first, and just updated the da*n firmware, because now , without making any changes to the settings, everything works - email notifications work, push notifications work, and a nice bonus is that the web interface works with modern browsers without a plugin... ! I'll have to play around, see what else is different...

PS- I've been enjoying the cam for almost a year now - its sits on my house making those crazy sounds as its pans/tilts, freaking out neighbours and delivery people as it tracks them up and down my front walk - beautiful :)

random101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I
You should set up your smart plan in the camera. If it isn't showing up when you log into the camera try closing all your open browsers and clearing your browser history / cache and try again.
Ill try that thanks :)

random101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You should set up your smart plan in the camera. If it isn't showing up when you log into the camera try closing all your open browsers and clearing your browser history / cache and try again.

Thanks all - reset the camera to factory defaults and reset. Now have smart plan and active auto tracking :) Woo!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sadly the reset to factory defaults didn't fix it. The playback tab is now can't playback videos or show when events occurred :(
Clear the browsers cache. Try using Pale Moon 32bit browser.
Un-install the plugins.
They will be in the windows start menu.
Then re-install when it prompts.

dcartier

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone using a PTZ1A225U-IRA-N tried this firmware? Has it improved the auto tracking?

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Noticed changes:
Day/Night Mode, can anyone verify if this is actually working?

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just verifying this is the latest software version for these PTZ Cameras?... Im not sure if there is a specific place, folder, time, or date where upgraded firmware lives or how anyone is notified there is new firmware? BTW, how does anyone get notified there is new firmware for their cameras? Its never on Dahua site... I only came across this by accident just like I have come across all the other updates by accident three to six months later? Do I need a magical password? or mighty Kreskin mental powers? I have 20 cameras I have to update and I would prefer to do this one time as it will take weeks to do.

random101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My auto tracking is terrible.
It’s at a street entrance. It picks up a car then if it’s slightly to quick (20km/h). It will spin out and focus on the house instead of the footpath or tracking. Also does it with pedestrians

m00st

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My auto tracking is terrible.
It’s at a street entrance. It picks up a car then if it’s slightly to quick (20km/h). It will spin out and focus on the house instead of the footpath or tracking. Also does it with pedestrians
Mine is similar (SD50225U-HNI from a few years back), probably because of the speed of the cars and the relatively small distance of less than 10 meters of the cars passing by. Slower traffic is okay most of the time. I don’t think this firmware does anything to the autotracking capabilities, that’s he PTZ firmware.

The upgrade is working well however, chrome works without plugins now also on Mac. I did lose the names of the presets for example in the ipad application i use. The original firmware did show the preset names which was quite usefull.

KenZen

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello to all... I am writing from Italy.
Yesterday I mounted my new PTZ1A225U-IRA-N.
I'm trying to configure it according to my use but I can't find the "Smart Motion Detection" function in the menu. I press that I installed the last fw.
Do you have to enable something to make it appear?
Thank you in advance to who will want to answer...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm trying to configure it according to my use but I can't find the "Smart Motion Detection" function in the menu. I press that I installed the last fw.
That camera does not have SMD. It does have IVS, make sure to turn off Smart Codec for that to appear.

KenZen

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the explanations. I programmed the IVS and now the system follows the movements.
However, I cannot understand how face-detection works.
I have activated it but I can't see the faces of the people who are recognized.

Reaction score
If you want SMD and autotracking that works, then this model is the one you want - PTZ1A225-HNR-XA. I have the PTZ1A225U-IRA-N, and autotracking is pretty useless, unfortunately.

KenZen

n3wb
Reaction score
I wanted to take that version but it was not available in Italy and the foreign ones are over $800.
Why do you say that the auto-track on the IRA-N is useless?

Reaction score
I wanted to take that version but it was not available in Italy and the foreign ones are over $800.
Why do you say that the auto-track on the IRA-N is useless?
It's not smart enough to track a human/vehicle if something in the viewing path obstructs the view. In my case, the power lines coming into the house would obstruct the view while tracking, briefly, and even this is enough for it to either stop tracking, or just spin wildly out of control. Trees are another problem, if they get in the way. Also, if the distance from camera to object is relatively short, say 5 - 10 meters, the autotracking will 'lose track' of the object and it goes out of view. In addition, autotracking zooms in a little on the object which causes even more problems for a short distance, and there is no way to disable the zoom process. The only time autotracking is of any use, is when the object is pretty far away and there are no obstructions at all in the viewing path.

KenZen

n3wb
Reaction score
I agree with what you said. Luckily I don't have the obstacles you describe as I have mounted the surveillance room at the front door of the house on a public road. However, I have noticed that it zooms in on the subject that follows and it is not the best if it is near. I thought it depended on the "face detenction", otherwise I do not understand how the "face detenction" works.
In the end, for what I have to do (practically no LOL), I am fine with this one.

Reaction score
I agree with what you said. Luckily I don't have the obstacles you describe as I have mounted the surveillance room at the front door of the house on a public road. However, I have noticed that it zooms in on the subject that follows and it is not the best if it is near. I thought it depended on the "face detenction", otherwise I do not understand how the "face detenction" works.
In the end, for what I have to do (practically no LOL), I am fine with this one.
For my situation, I have other overlook turret cameras that can trigger the PTZ to go to a preset. This works really well and I can control the presets and amount of zoom. When the event is over, the PTZ goes back to it's home position. This works far better than autotracking does.

KenZen

n3wb
Reaction score
But this also returns to the preset after tracking. Anyway, I don't know about these things. I just wanted to replace my Chinese cam with a different one. Actually, it's even too good for me since I couldn't use it on public roads.

Ps: can you tell me how it works and what is the "face detenction" for?

Reaction score
But this also returns to the preset after tracking. Anyway, I don't know about these things. I just wanted to replace my Chinese cam with a different one. Actually, it's even too good for me since I couldn't use it on public roads.

Ps: can you tell me how it works and what is the "face detenction" for?
I don't use face detection, so I really can't help you with it. Search this forum for how it works. Also search YouTube videos for general operation of how face detection works.