SD4A425DB-HNY Unable to connect to it for first time

kmtweb

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All, I appreciate all of the feedback. I have performed requisite troubleshooting before submitting my initial post. Using different pc's, various browsers, different port switches, cables, different switches, reviewing/triple checking port configs/ip reservations/fw rules, you name it I have tried it but no luck.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry if we made you feel defensive, we have just learned we have to check all the boxes and not assume anything and ask/confirm all the steps.

We have tried troubleshooting before and turns out the person didn't have a poe switch and that was why their was no power to the camera, so we wasted lots of time assuming they understood that basic concept.

Or the time a person was adamant his cameras were not going thru a router and once he drew out his network topology, yes he was.

Or the time where, well you get the idea LOL

kmtweb

n3wb
Reaction score
I totally hear you. I perform troubleshooting on a daily basis for others and I know where you're coming from. I find it interesting that we are not able to ssh into these devices and see what services are running or not, and be able to look at logs. Flying blind, lol

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh, I think there are people on here that speak about ssh'ing into some devices, It's over my pay grade. I think it's usually surrounding bricked stuff with failed firmware upgrades.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For folks finding this thread later, from the review thread on this camera, a person today trying every browser and ended up being Internet Explorer that was the key....

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For folks finding this thread later, from the review thread on this camera, a person today trying every browser and ended up being Internet Explorer that was the key....

And for any future readers of this issue (IE being needed to set up many cams, especially PTZ's) who want to throw fits, curse and moan......it won't change anything. We all agree its a PITA but until the cam manufacturers do something about it all we can do is bite our collective lips and deal with it, like it or not. :idk: