SD4A425DB-HNY Unable to connect to it for first time

kmtweb

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All, Im reluctant to post this, but im not able to connect to my new camera for its initial configuration. The camera is plugged into to a poe+ port, and I can ping 192.168.1.108. But no matter which browser on either a mac or pc, Im receiving a ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED message. Any thoughts?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Not a direct answer I realize, I set mine up with Config Tool without a hitch. Are you positive it's the only device at 192.168,1.108 ?

kmtweb

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I verified that 192.168.1.108 is not being used by any other device on my network. The config tool did not locate the camera. Tried the config tool on both a mac and win10 pc. Nothing.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try internet explorer (Yeah I know lol) or Pale Moon.

kmtweb

n3wb
Reaction score
ya, I tried Edge, FF, Chrome, Brave on Mac & PC. All refused. I also did a factory reset and nothing. But the camera still pings. I think I got a dud.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK lets go back to basics - what are the IP addresses of your other cameras? What is the IP of your LAN? What is the IP of the computer you are trying?

How many cameras are on your switch - maybe you are over the power budget?

Unplug every camera but this one. Does the camera boot up and spin and if in dark do the IR lights come on?

What make/model switch?

The PTZs are sensitive to browser - try Internet Explorer - not Edge or Chrome with the plug in or compatibility mode.

kmtweb

n3wb
Reaction score
all of my other cameras are on a 192.168.30.XXX segment. My main network is 192.168.1.XXX. There are no other devices with IP address of 192.168.1.108. My pc's/macs that I'm attempting to connect from are 192.168.1.109 & 192.168.1.110. My other cameras are all IPC-Color4K-T's and are all on 192.168.30.XXX network as previously mentioned. Two of those being on a UDM SE. Then I have this camera and another IPC-COlor4K-T on a USW-Lite-8-PoE. Power budget on the USW-Lite-8-PoE is 13.4w of 52 W. The IPC-Color4K-T is using 4.5w and the SD4A425DB-HNY is at 8.2w. Like mentioned above, the pings are fine from any pc/mac. Im not installing IE browser, as I have enough browsers that I have tried from. While I appreciate the input, the notion that a camera is sensitive one be accessed by a single browser is nonsense.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First off you don't have to install Explorer as it is already on the computer (Microsoft simply hides it)....

Second you haven't been here long enough to realize that THESE CAMERAS CAN BE BROWSER DEPENDENT, especially the PTZs. You may think it is nonsense, but it isn't. I have 4 Dahua PTZs and have been there, done that with other browsers. Including this camera.

While it is weird to us that they use a no longer supported browser, there is a reason...

Many manufacturers have focused the firmware around Internet Explorer (which was the standard once upon a time), even brand new cameras unfortunately. Keep in mind we are not the intended audience of Hikvision and Dahua, it is professional installers with specialized equipment and/or don't update their equipment (many still use laptops with Windows 7), so they are not going to invest in changing the firmware until they see a need. As such, those end users usually don't get into the userface like we do.

So until their professional installers and their intended market demand or require it, we won't see it and us complaining they don't care because we are not their intended market. They are not going to reinvent the wheel and throw out all firmware and start new until there is a need. They use their existing firmware as the base and build on it. Some cameras work better than others with different browsers, but IE is the sure browser to work with these cameras.

We are just fortunate to be able to get our hands on these cameras and NVRs.

Third, @Wildcat_1 works closely with Dahua and tears these firmware apart and provides improvements and suggestions and even he says in multiple threads with this new web GUI that to ensure full functionality one should use Internet Explorer:

"On The IE front, I am also doing some tests with Win 11 (VM based) running compatibility modes on a number of cams to see if that can get people there without having the overhead of IE etc while Dahua continue to refine the GUI which still needs work under different browsers. As I mentioned before and Wittaj points out, I would always use HEAVY quotes around people stating """""""WORKS""""""" in other browsers especially with Edge since while the onscreen application of a setting may look good, the final result is less than that and often times does NOT lead to settings or features (even upgrades) working as expected."

Fourth, at startup this camera will draw more power.

Have you tried as I suggested and unplugged all other cameras on that switch?

Does the PTZ spin up and can you see IR lights on in the dark? If you can, then it is an issue likely with the browser or some other misconfiguration in your setup.

Last edited:

kmtweb

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I've had some dialogue with Andy and I will be returning the camera. BTW, It's not a networking or power issue as the camera was the only device on the switch. The switch was tested numerous times with other Color4k-T cameras and working just fine with them. I aware of the issues surrounding the usage of the EOL browser IE. I've had to deal with issues relating to the browser and edge/chrome fiasco for the last 2 years at work. A huge mess that software vendors seem to still refuse to completely address. Thanks again.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Probably not your issues,
but I can usually get to some tricky cams with the IE tab in Chrome or Edge..... like my older Dahua types.
But most of my BI cams now seem to be configurable with Edge/Chrome......
My NVR however ...if you click on the blue 1685254669729.png
it opens a browser tab, and on the older cams it acts stupid.
So then I paste that URL into IE tab on Chrome/Edge.
then it opens.
I'm not buying anything that requires IE11 since im running W-11 now.....
Sometimes I wonder, if the Chinese need IE11 to go in your backdoor and fuck you in the ass.
They wont come to a more secure platform because it closes thier loopholes ? who knows. something stinks about it.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Error message
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Isnt typically a browser issue. I would think it’s due to hitting the camera with the wrong credentials X times (default 3?) and the camera refuses login attempts for X amount of time (default 30 min?)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes it is the obvious that is the issue as well (not saying this is the problem, but crazier things have happened).

That switch is 4 POE ports and 4 POE+ ports. Make sure this camera is in the POE+ port.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Different camera, but here is a thread this week of a brand new Hikvision camera also proving that these types of cameras are browser dependent....

Oh yeah even 5-times the price Axis cameras exhibit the same behavior....

And another thread where the person needed to use IE in order to view his NVR:

The list goes on and on proving that browser dependency isn't nonsense and is real...

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Error message
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Isnt typically a browser issue. I would think it’s due to hitting the camera with the wrong credentials X times (default 3?) and the camera refuses login attempts for X amount of time (default 30 min?)
It can be a browser issue if the browser is only allowing secure connections be made (https and the camera is only http) or a firewall is preventing it. It happens most often in Chrome. But if it is happening in other browsers too then it is usually an overly restrictive firewall setting or a bad extension already loaded in the browser.

"In most cases, ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED is a client-side error, which means that an issue on your machine has caused it."

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Of course, I guess I was thinking the camera itself was replying, wasn’t thinking network error message. Too used to my NVRs

You’re right. HTTPS or something with Chrome mebbe

Wrong Gateway on camera?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Plus he said the problem is at initial initialization so he hasn't got far enough along to even set up a user/password for it to throw that error for too many attempts of the wrong user/pw combination.

I think if the camera spins at power up and the red infrared can be seen in the dark then the camera is operating then it is an issue with network/computer/power/firewall, etc.

And just because other cams work doesn't mean it isn't an issue with the browser or system.

When I got this camera I had to delete the plug-ins in the browser because they were not compatible with this specific camera. Deleted them and let the browser install the plug-in and all was good.

And many folks have had to do that if you have a lot of Dahua cams as the plug-in works for one camera but not another, but the browser thinks it has the plug-in at initialization and doesn't asks you to download because the plugin already loaded is titled the same for every Dahua cam. Delete the plugin and try again and all is good.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, but if he hasn't sent it yet, try these other steps or the replacement cam may experience the same issue and result in an unnecessary return to Andy....

He hasn't answered despite repeated requests does the camera spin up at power up and do the infrared lights turn on when in the dark...if it does it likely isn't the camera...

Saying other cams work and browser dependency is nonsense isn't troubleshooting LOL

I would try a different power source, a different cable, a different browser, different computer, look at firewall settings, etc.

I would also take the managed switch out of the equation to make sure I didn't eff up the IP assigns too LOL.

Last edited: