Samsung SDR-B74301 Feed to Blue Iris

smcary

n3wb
Reaction score
I have spent the better part of yesterday and today searching for how to do this - and nothing I am doing is working. I have my unit set to a static IP, 192.168.1.2

I have tried every RTSP command line in BI that was provided by the unit (screen shot) and every one I can find in threads here and elsewhere, and none of them will give me a camera feed off of the DVR. I assume since it has RTSP that it can be pulled into BI.

This is the format I tried. 192.168.1.2:554/0 /010 /01 etc.

No clue why this won't work, the BI finds it when I give it the IP address, but changes it to HTTP instead of RTSP.

Any help appreciated.

smc

Attachments

smcary

n3wb
Reaction score
Opening 192.168.1.2 port 9000...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
HTTP 12152
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
Cantonk port 34567?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done

smcary

n3wb
Reaction score

smcary

n3wb
Reaction score
try:
Code:
rtsp:/admin:password@Cam_IP:554/profile4/media.smp
I did... I pretty much exhausted google searches before tapping out and asking for help here. I have tried every setting in BI, tried different makes and models. BUT I cannot get it to work in VLC either...so, I am pondering that. I have my firewalls turned off. I am going to have to find a network analyzer to see if I can see the traffic moving and where... Once upon a time, I was an IT type...gotta dust off the brain.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can try to telnet to your cams, like telnet 192.168.1.2 554 to see if the port is open.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
What brand of Dvr Nvr do you have? It's likely your recorders address scheme of 192.x.x.x
is not the a IP address scheme of the cameras in many cases for IP cams.
If its a DVR and a Hikvision knock off, like mine they dont let the DVR get accessed directly by its IP address. My Amcrest Dvr however is happy to share its user interface Via 192.168.1.207 with admin and passcode.

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Having said that some versions of Nightowl/Hikvision firmware are accessible to BI with some success. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

smcary

n3wb
Reaction score
Having said that some versions of Nightowl/Hikvision firmware is accessible to BI with some success. Your mileage may vary.
It is a Samsung. I am following the instructions listed on the Remote Access tab of the DVR, format exactly. And about 50 other ways to no avail so far.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, sometimes the NVR is proprietary and cannot be seen with programs outside of their systems.

Since VLC can't see it, strong likelihood it is a unit that cannot be brought in to BI.

smcary

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, sometimes the NVR is proprietary and cannot be seen with programs outside of their systems.

Since VLC can't see it, strong likelihood it is a unit that cannot be brought in to BI.
I wonder then why they give RTSP instructions on the remote page then... I was able to Telnet to the port and it was open. But this is getting frustrating. I wired this in as I was building the house, so the wire is well placed. Sad to not be able to include it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Or eliminate the NVR and buy some cheap switches to feed BI.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How do I do this? I would in a minute, three days into this and I am no further.
Oh I just realized those are analog cameras, so you can buy a cheap DVR that we know can be fed into BI like an Amcrest or Lorex.

As @Flintstone61 said, some Nightowl DVRs can be found and put into BI and some cannot. Same with Swann.

Just find a cheap DVR that is capable of supporting the resolutions of the camera you have, which looks like those cams are 1080P.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I was playing with that earlier. I cannot get it to stream there either...but I did get a firewall hit, so I am thinking that my firewall may be blocking it.
Odd that running VLC on a local network would give a firewall hit.
Do you remember the detail?

So, in VLC, 'open network stream', did you test with :
rtsp://192.168.1.2:554/0

And presumably your PC ethernet adaptor is set to be in a 'Private network' ?

smcary

n3wb
Reaction score
Odd that running VLC on a local network would give a firewall hit.
Do you remember the detail?

So, in VLC, 'open network stream', did you test with :
rtsp:/192.168.1.2:554/0

And presumably your PC ethernet adaptor is set to be in a 'Private network' ?
It was a popup, that asked if I wanted to approve something.. I should have screen shot it, have not been able to recreate it. I can telnet to the DVR, BI sees it, but tries to set HTTP as the protocol. If I change to RTSP, it finds the port open, but says did not do automatic config.

I am playing with Wire Shark right now, trying to see what is going on, but it has been YEARS since I last played with it.

I am getting different responses from BI now that say No Signal, not the 400 error or Bad...something, can't recall now. I still cannot get it to stream to VLC.

I downloaded a newer manual then I had, and it changed the string a bit... RTSP:/192.168.1.2:554/CH01/0 Ch 01 is the camera, and O is for the main stream...

I am pretty stumped here, the port is open. I have tried adding port forwarding to the box, to the PC I am running BI. I can get the DVR to stream to the Wisenet App on my phone now, but that is port 9000. I even tried that in the BI config screen messing with the ONVIF settings.

I downloaded the ONVIF Manager, and it can't find it either... This has been rather frustrating. I am reluctant to get another DVR since I can't get VLC to work either. I currently have all of the PC firewalls off...