Samsung SDR-B74301 Feed to Blue Iris

smcary

n3wb
Reaction score
And yes, just double checked. I am on a wired ethernet connection, as is the DVR. Connection is set to Private in the settings.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you able to see the NVR by typing the IP address of the NVR in a web browser?

smcary

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you able to see the NVR by typing the IP address of the NVR in a web browser?
yeah, IE with a plug in...which I am not thrilled with since IE is pretty much DOA. I got it to work on my phone via the app also.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
If so it could be a waste of time. Esp if the firmware backdoor update has been patched. One Night owl will respond to a browser entry of its IP address. 192.168.1.005. The other nightowl (HDA-10 something) will not respond at all from any browser to its address if 192.168.1.100.
the only way to view it on my PC is from a downloaded program from their website.
So again. If time is money you could just throw a user friendly dvr at it. Like mine. (AMDV8M8-H5)

smcary

n3wb
Reaction score
I wonder if the Samsung mobo has a part # ending or beginning in HIK
I found out that they are owned/run by Wisenet aka Hanwa. I downloaded the Wisenet Device manager and it will not find it either. I am stumped. I watched the packets in Wireshark, it is hitting Port 9000 and 554 when I use BI to search/find. But nothing will play in VLC, and BI can't find it. I turned my firewalls off. I added port forwarding for all of the ports. I wanted to try and update the firmware, but can't find it.

I am giving this the college try, but failing. Now I am frustrated enough to keep throwing stuff at it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, so it sounds like proprietary.

So let's take the router out of the equation just to confirm it.

Plug the DVR into a computer ethernet port and change the computer IP address to the IP address range of the NVR and see if you can see it.