Review Sunba Tedh 507-20XC

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
All that name calling. Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. You are really trying to hurt my feelings. Does this mean we are not friends anymore? ;-)

> My guess is that you purchased your first ip camera less than a year ago and it was foscam...

LOL :) hahaha I know now not to rely on any of your guesses. Not only can I set up IP cameras I have repaired broken cameras I buy on the cheap. Last one some numb nuts drilled through the main board and pan servo. I replaced the servo and repaired the circuit board. Yes I also have an electronics background. Maybe he didn't know the camera was on the other side. Its working good now. That one was an inexpensive Amcrest, a bad bad camera for not costing big money. ;-) The servo motor came from a Foscam, oh the horror! ROTFL :) That one is going to my sister the cat lady to watch her cats. Among other educational tidbits I also have a degree and various certifications in the IT Networking field. Compared to a Cisco router setting up an IP cam is child's play. But don't confuse education with intelligence. Education is the tool box, intelligence is ones ability to use the tools. Its not the tool, its the artist holding it.
I bet you bought a really big tool. ;-) Sorry I just had to say it. My bad.
I just don't know if I could live with myself if we were not friends anymore. ;-)
Wow what a bunch of drivel...certificates lol, dont make me laugh....You are an inexperienced novice who cannot be trusted. FYI, the amcrest cameras are built by dahua. They just mark them up.
Again, the purpose of my post was to warn other users not to buy Sunba as its unproven. Keep running your pompous mouth...well see where that gets you..

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
"(Insert name here), what an ugly thing to say. I abhor ugliness... does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know, Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend, I just don't think I could bear it. (sets his guns on the table) There. Now we can be friends again." -Doc Holliday

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Had enough of that ass...hes gone. Its one thing to disagree its another to fill posts with crap just to yammer on...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Still running business off, I see, huh Fenderman?
This site could be getting some decent sponsorship if you weren't so gung ho against upstart companies. I talked to Sunba customer support about you and they're disappointed you are so negative about they're product when their customers aren't. I told them how psychological the hatred you had against them was and how you try and convince every person with a problem to post a banner NOT TO BUY SUNBA PRODUCTS. Lucky thing you weren't around a few years back when Dahua started out, they were the same quality Sunba is now or you would have made them walk the plank. Keep giving 'Em hell, there's no place for the little guy in business.
It's Fenderman's way or the highway around here, right Buddy? I just come here for a good laugh anymore. I'd rather figure it all out on my own than ask you anything.
I dont need sponsorship....You dont get it....I will not pimp this forum out to a startup that does not have a proven record. The fact the you suggested it shows how rotten to the core you are. We will not take money from a company at the expense of our membership..

Another ass...goodbye...its really simple, this forum give you a lot of leeway. You can disagree with me all you want and not get banned. When you keep posting like a complete ass then its bye bye to you...Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well I am sorry to announce that my camera is slowly dying.
The UFO never went away, I mechanically flipped the camera assembly up-side down, and then flipped the image up-right with the software. It hid the UFO in the ground.
Night time images of the sky were so dismal I would turn off the capture after sun set.
Because it would not tilt up past 90 degrees I could never aim it where I really wanted in the sky, unless I wanted my neighbors house in all the shots.
It was an OK starter cam for security purposes, but not good for a sky camera that I wanted it for.

Now looking for a fixed mount camera that can see clouds at night.
Yeah I know....good luck with that.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score

Those pics are from Dahua SD49225T-HN which is an inexpensive starlight PTZ.

The non-PTZ version of that would be:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

To be fair, the moon was quite bright those nights.

It isn't as sensitive in color mode.

This is the same scene this morning after the moon rose. The camera is still in color mode but that doesn't make much difference since there isn't much light anyway.

Last edited:

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The HFW8232E Z should be slightly better at low light ;)

I don't think you will find many PTZs that can point higher unless they are bullets on Pan/Tilt arms which could give a better upward angle in theory.

This is that camera this morning pointed as high as possible and zoomed out; you can just barely see the horizon at the bottom edge. This is up on a mountain though so not a lot is higher than the camera.

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is why I want to go with a bullet.
I do want some ground in the shot. Just what I have now is way too much. sky_eye.jpg
I also have to deal with sun flare as you show in your first picture.
This is what I have now and it sucks.

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know way old thread. Just thought after almost 6 years I would update that the camera still functions well.
Soon as I get a semi warm day it is going on the front corner of the house to keep an eye on the driveway and front door.
(have a nest cam in the door bell)
Had an issue with motion detection and alarm triggers all ways going off, but SUNBA techs fixed that for me.
Actually considering a SUNBA Illuminati for the back side of the house.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
FWIW, I got mine in something like June of 2016 (don't quote me on the exact date). It still works great. Plus, it takes an external microphone (and I got lucky with my pick on the mic as it really does the job - way, way, way better than any of my other cam's internal mics). It took a while to get is all sorted out, but all the settings work via Blue Iris, so I haven't looked at it's settings with any other app in ages.