Review Sunba Tedh 507-20XC

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Mine is on it's way FedEX IE says Tuesday. Just like Christmas! ;)

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine is on it's way FedEX IE says Tuesday. Just like Christmas! ;)
My Sunba 507-20XB is at the local Fed Ex facility in town six days after placing the order. Their website still says Friday delivery at the moment, so I may have to wait a day though.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
My Sunba HZ507-20XB camera arrived today. I ordered it last Friday and it arrived in 6 days. I was able to do a little testing earlier this evening. Tomorrow I will do more testing and at least put up some photos taken during the unboxing. I will put up a new forum thread and post the link here. So far I was able to connect to the camera's web page and change the default IP address and login password. The shipping weight was 7.05 lbs (3.2 kgs). The camera feels like it weighs about 5 lbs (sorry, I don't have an accurate scale to weigh it). Construction of the camera is very solid. It makes the Huisun Mini PTZ camera feel like a toy. The camera pans a full 360 degrees. There is no upward tilt to the camera (unlike the Huisun which I can point up in the air). The tilt is from 0 to 90 degrees down. I mention this because it may effect where I end up installing the camera. I wanted to put the camera in the same location I have the Huisun on the back of our deck. But with no ability to tilt the camera up, I will not have the ability to zoom in on objects above the horizon. I have another possible location that I can install the camera that is about 5 feet higher than the Huisun. Tomorrow I will determine the best place to install the camera and test it with Blue Iris. We are expecting rain tomorrow and Saturday so the final installation might have to wait until Sunday, weather permitting.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
setting preset positions in BI are all thing you won't be doing in the near future.
The presets DO work in BI. Read the entire thread.
Second, you will eventually learn why these cameras are cheap.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought I just explained why they are cheap
They are cheap because they use low quality components and poorly written firmware.
That was a secondary point. The first is that the thread clearly explains that BI can control the PTZ presets. Finally, if unplugging the power resets the password, then the camera is unusable. I dont believe that is the case though.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought I just explained why they are cheap. Whatever you're meaning is, I am very happy with what I have and it has been working well for months.
Months lol. Again you missed the point. You posted in two threads stating that the PTZ presets will not work with blue iris. That is NOT true. Read the full thread. Stop spreading misinformation. Its not helpful to anyone.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess unplugging the power just reset the lockout, the password never changed because after I did that I was able to get back in. I have messaged Bob55 to ask him for specific directions on how he did his presets, if his 'cheap' Sunba is still functioning. I'm sorry if I got you all riled up :)
Its important to post accurate information. You posted that the ptz presets do not work in BI in a thread where users specifically confirmed that it works. If you cannot get something working simply because you failed to read the help file or dont have the technical ability it does not mean that it doesnt work.

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Pre set positions are easy.
Move the camera where you want, click and hold The pre set number 1-5.
Shift adds 5 to each number, and control adds 10.
If my memory is correct.
It was some time ago that I played with BI.
At the time BI did not 100% support the camera. This may have changed.
You may have to read this entire thread to see what I tried, and others suggested .
For a cheap PTZ it has been ok for my private use. For professional use, stick with a better manufacture/vendor.
This is what I use it for:
http://melvinweather.com/skyeye.htm

Bob

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't find that they do work in the thread you referred me to. I sent BobW55 a message and he said he doesn't even use BI. All I see is vague references, and people saying they think they work.
Its in the THIRD post. Clearly says it works.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It's still not working for me and I am waiting for word back from tech support. I am disappointed you both are using the word cheap for my Sunba camera opposed to the word inexpensive. It is receiving 4 and 5 star reviews from people and I am very happy with it. I would let you know how it comes out but I feel you wouldn't care. Thanks for your help.
You can be disappointed but the accurate description is cheap and not in a good way. 4-5 starts from a few amazon reviewers? Completely meaningless. I know its disappointing to hear, but the proper time to inquire about cameras is BEFORE making the purchase.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your opinion, however biased it may be. Some people have $2500 to spend on an Ip camera, and some have $300. I am pretty happy with what I have, and I'll have to deal with the short comings and the people who look down on me, I guess. Thanks for your help.
You don't have to spend 2500, 600 buys a quality ptz camera ...a 300 doorstop is not a good value ... the real question is whether you even need ptz...next time all you need to do is some research..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can't argue the fact that hundreds of people are buying this less expensive, more affordable unit and loving it. The weight and fell and quality of picture is fantastic. And not many are even using the software that comes with any of these type IP cams because of Blue Iris. But, you obviously don't like it. I can't change that I see. You gotta have your hater's I guess. I use to feel the same way about Hikvision and Dahua when I owned Panasonic camera's. Hopefully, these will work their way up the food chain. I still think Foscam is the lowest in the chain. I'm tired of arguing with someone who's probably never even owned one.
Yes I can argue the fact. Where are you getting that "hundreds" are liking it? You need to stop making things up. You cannot tell the quality of a camera by weight. How said anything about the software. Im talking FIRMWARE. These are garbage cameras. You need to do some research before spending your money on a "bunch" of them. They will never make their way up the chain, they will stay right at the bottom with foscam/wanscam/sricam...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just bought an 805-D20XB and I like it. Sure the firmware is a bit wonky but once you figure it out and set up the camera in Blueiris its fantastic for the price. Is it as good as a camera costing twice or three times as much? probably not. However what you get for the price is outstanding.
By your logic the Hugo or the mini Cooper can never be as main stream as a Ford. Of course they can. Depends on what your looking for and where you plan on using it. Different strokes for different folks is all.
A camera that is unstable or fails is worthless....Murphy's law...youll learn your lesson eventually...it may take 6 months or a year...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep haters gonna hate. :)
I buy all sorts of inexpensive stuff. Not everything inexpensive is bad and not everything expensive is better. Although people think things are better if they pay through the nose. I own a Hi-Point 45 pistol. Super inexpensive, made in America, best warranty in the business. Its not the prettiest girl at the ball but she always puts out. So many haters telling me they blow up, they know a guy who knew a guy that blew up he entire block just by looking at one. LOL Yada yada yada. So many opinions about a gun they never owned, nor the people telling them BS stories about it. And why is there so much hate on Hi-Point guns? Because they spent 5 times as much for their gun and they can't stand the idea there might be an inexpensive gun that shoots just as good, even if its ugly and heavier.

So sure cheap gray market stuff has some unknowns to it. If mine fails in 6 months I can buy another and another and still have paid less. Oh and by the way the SUMBA has a warranty too and is very modular and easy to replace parts. :)

Keep on hating so you can keep justifying the $800 plus prices you paid. I'm sure you got a better camera for that price but I doubt its worth the extra unless your using it in a commercial setting.

Yes you are going to tell me "just you wait". Will you be around in a few years when its still working. :) Really what do you care?
Have a nice day
Keep running your pompous mouth and citing anecdotal stories....we have seen this nonsense literally every six months. New cam hits the market, folks buy, then they start dying...
As soon as you buy the second you have paid more than a quality reliable dahua...
Even if you are within the warranty period, assuming the company honors it, you have a dead camera for how long? Ever heard of Murphy's law? If you are using this to watch your vegetation or wildlife thats fine...not for security.
You can buy whatever you want. My goal is to prevent others from spending their hard earned money because some IP camera newbie has used a no name brand for a month and its been "great"..like I said, you will learn soon enough.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
And you know so much about a cam you do not own or have worked with. Its just not the ones you like. Only the ones you like or know about are any good. So says the "expert". :)

Do you have anything but anecdotal scare stories or should we just listen to your pompous mouth?

Like I said before. But your not listening because YOU know better. No actual data, only pompous anecdotal scare stories. Yet so many like them and are not having problems. But one day it will huff, and it will puff and blow your house down. Got it.
We bought them anyway and are betting our houses do not blow down. ;-)
Have a nice day
This and other forums are full of inexperienced folks like you who end up with a doorstop...Im not going to do the research for you. I am merely warning others.
You are an inexperienced novice who is a danger to others. This forum was started because others would ban users who reported defects in cameras. We will continue to warn users.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
> Im not going to do the research for you

So you are saying you have the data but are not willing to give it out on a forum whose actual purpose is to share that information. I call BS. :)

Fact is if you have real information you would spill the beans. But as you pointed out all you can counter anecdotal stories is with anecdotal BS.

Also if one is a newbie and 12:00 flasher they would not be building their own systems. If someone like me buys a camera from unknown lineage we are aware of the risks. If you want to warn people who do not have the wherewithal or skill sets to deal with problems one might encounter with cameras like this I'm all for it. However scare stories based on your other past experiences does not predict anything. As they say correlation is not causation. You have been on the forum a long time, you have given a lot of help. That does not mean you are always right, as much as you might want to think so.

Let me know when you have some actual real world data. The rest of us crazy risk takers will continue to test and experiment with dangerous IP cams from China Asia and beyond. This little piggy is not afraid of the big bad wolf blowing his cameras down. Its a choice I and others choose to make. There's a difference between a gamble and a calculated risk. :)
Good day sir
Once again you can play with your toys...The point is folks want reliable security cameras and you posting nonsense about your camera working fine when in reality you've only had it for a month is dangerous.
I have replaced enough of these cheap toys and seen enough posts about junk cameras dying to tell you with certainly that these no name brands are crap.
You are an inexperienced novice who spews dangerous misinformation to unsuspecting users. We will continue to arm users with the facts.
Tinker with the junk yourself, stop misleading others.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
FACTS you refuse to give. You have no real world data supporting your opinion. And then call me names and have a tiny tantrum. Sounds like you are ready for political office. Is that you Joe Binden?
You are the one with the tantrum...Like I said, I will not be your bitch and compile the data for you. All you need to do is read the posts. I have seen this first hand as well with many junk cameras failing for end users. Let me name a few cams that were raved about than failed in large numbers. Foscam, Empire, Poker, Huisun. Stop misleading innocent users who will spend their hard earned money on junk because yours lasted a full month...whop-tee doo.
The readers will decide whether to trust an ip camera newbie like yourself...or me.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Notice he does not say Sunba because he is just extrapolating past experience and assuming it holds for another brand. If you want a guarantee of reliability you will go with a proven name only because you know the track record. Others will calculate that a less expensive option is right for their situation. That is what adults do. Others can't understand that a one choice fits all is not appropriate for everyone. I and many others have taken a different road. Risk? Gamble? Its life. Some people have funds to buy the latest greatest or do it because of fear the unknown will not be as good. Others have little money or choose not to spend a lot and pick the less assured choice. But to say I am having a tantrum because I point out we think logically and weigh many parameters other then only considering cameras with a long track record is childish.

> The readers will decide whether to trust an ip camera newbie like yourself...or me.

Exactly. Someone needing reliability is already discounting gray market cameras and unknown brands. Duh! Others will consider what has been said and decide for themselves if a less expensive Sumba cameras are worth investing in. Its called free will and choice. One size does not fit all. A concept you seem not to be able to grasp.

Notice the assumption of newbie and the implied idea that therefor his factless opinions more believable. Nice straw man. :) Yet he still has no actual quantitative information. Quote "I'm not going to do it for you."

Now don't forget to get the last word in, OK. ;-)
We dont say sunba because there is not enough data on it...THAT IS THE POINT. Thank you for making it for me. Again, you are a dangerous novice. Please stop misrepresenting the quality of this camera. You will see for yourself in 6-12 months...most folks here use cameras for security purposes...a failed camera is fatal to security. STOP PEDDLING JUNK. I am not assuming newbie. I know it based on your statements. It surprises me that you were able to set the camera up at all. My guess is that you purchased your first ip camera less than a year ago and it was foscam...