Review Sunba Tedh 507-20XC

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Will give that a try, here is a selfie taken on my cell phone via the IP camera using XMEye.

Attachments

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, tried what you suggested, turned OFF all recording, and motion, changed MAIN to SUB under video, and that smoothed things up a lot.
PTZ is more instantaneous now. and yes CPU was 80-100% before, now down in the 40-50 range

Here is that building 1500 feet away at night.

Thank you for your help with another newbie.

Attachments

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tried Blue Iris on one of my desk tops with a bit more CPU in it,
Still jerky but more responsive. I am running BI on just slightly above the min requirements.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
BI has heavy CPU requirements, as you've noticed. If it uses 40-50% just for a sub stream, then the CPU is very much underpowered.

Reaction score
Hi, I have just ordere the 805 D-20X from the guys at Sunba in China and Im wondering does anyone have any experience with this model of camera please?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I have just ordere the 805 D-20X from the guys at Sunba in China and Im wondering does anyone have any experience with this model of camera please?
Chances are the hardware is only slightly different and the software/compatibility is probably identical to the 507-20XC

Reaction score
Ill know in a couple of weeks when I receive it.
Were you successfull in sending commands to your camera to preset movement and picture?

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Only real problem I have had is that most of the major software vendors do not list, or do not 100% support the camera as of yet.
I have tried almost all of them, so far:
BlueIris WILL connect and partially control the camera. PTZ Works, Presets work. Control of the IR leds and IR filter do NOT work.
Ispy, connects kind of, gave up fiddling with it.
I am sure all of them WOULD work 100% if I had better knowledge of the camera and the software package.
SUNBA has been very responsive to answering any questions I have had. Just be aware to run the camera at the highest resolution, you will need a good PC.
With the supplied CMS software, I was getting a 2 second delay in PTZ movement on my laptop. Tried it on a friends pc with an Intel I5 processor and it was more instantaneous.
Night vision is phenomenal, very clear images.
Have it running now with IPTlapse to provide images to my web page and create time lapse movies. http://melvinweather.com/skyeye.htm
Have to tweak it a bit more. I have noticed a blur I get on my images, I am sure it is on the lens or a reflection from the lens or the glass in front of it.
it is NOT on the out side.

Attachments

Reaction score
Thanks for the advise, I suppose these are the joys of buying from Chinese start up companies....some of them are too far ahead of themselves that they leave alot of the software issues up to their end users to figure out but but hey if your getting a camera that can produce visual quality at half the price of some of the other well branded cameras, who cares.
Did you say you had some waterproofing problems with your camera when you said your lense blurring up abit?

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think it is an optical reflection of the lens and the front glass that protects the lens. It moves around when I adjust the zoom.
Have not tried taking it apart to see if it is something on the lens. Will just have to live with it for now.

Reaction score
Ive asked Sunba to send me one of their NVRs which they beleive will best suit the 805 D20X. Itll be interesting to see how well the camera performs with it!

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am very happy with the abilities of the camera. Next time, I will look at a better supported English speaking company to buy from.

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sunba sent me information on how to get to the camera so I could try cleaning the outside of the lens.
Was very easy to do, but the UFO as everyone is calling it is still there. Waiting to see what Sunba says now.
I really hate to have to send it back and wait for a repair/replacement. At least I know it really does have a SONY camera in it.

tervis

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for very useful information you have gathered here. What specs/mode are you using in BI PTZ to work with Sunba? I just got mine 507-20XB lately.

szantykaw

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, does it support 3D presets that hold both zoom adjustment and horizontal-vertical position?
Is there any way to call a preset by command line or any scripting? I'd like to make it go to a remembered preset position and start recording in case of alarm in the specified area...
Thanks!

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Just got done with some back and forth messaging on AliExpress for this one and purchased one. I already own the mic that they show, having purchased it on Amazon to see how it might work with the Huisun 10x that I have coming. Should be interesting. ;)

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a Sunba 507-20XB that is scheduled to be delivered on Friday (it is currently in Japan, according to Fed Ex tracking). I'm looking forward to putting this on our back deck where I have the Huisun Mini PTZ. Going from 10X optical zoom to 20X should be fun. Thanks for all the good info everyone. :)

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

movie i recorded with the same cam i believe somewhere about 8000 kbit and 14Fps i had the settings on this recording.
Made with a nvr 4104-p dahua

At night times, IR could be a bit overwhelming at some places , not sure if i can turn this off/lower or maybe make a PWM dimmable option in it (diy way)