Review-SD4A425DB-HNY 1/2.8" CMOS 4MP 25x Starlight Auto-tracking MiniPTZ

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Some noob questions:

I have a preset created, set up tracking per the video above. Works somewhat to track me but it doesn't zoom in to track me closer. Is there a setting that controls that?

I can't figure out how to select a second preset to setup IVS tracking for it. Assuming that you can have more than one? I have two presets but only the first one appears in the IVS list.

If I look at the preset list, the first preset is green. The second is black. What's the green vs black telling me?

What is the little lock with a 180 second timer on it in the IVS setup screen?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some noob questions:

I have a preset created, set up tracking per the video above. Works somewhat to track me but it doesn't zoom in to track me closer. Is there a setting that controls that?

I can't figure out how to select a second preset to setup IVS tracking for it. Assuming that you can have more than one? I have two presets but only the first one appears in the IVS list.

If I look at the preset list, the first preset is green. The second is black. What's the green vs black telling me?

What is the little lock with a 180 second timer on it in the IVS setup screen?
Scroll up on the IVS page to the top right and change the Tracking Target Size Ratio. The larger the number, the larger the object will be in the field of view. But make it too big and it could lose track.

1687052472226.png

Follow the same steps to add another preset.

If I recall correctly, the green is telling you Smart IVS has been set up and can autotrack for that preset and the black is just a preset with no autotrack.

The 180 countdown means that the camera will not start tracking or cycling for 180 seconds when you are in setup mode. Nothing worse than draw a tripwire and then the field of view changes LOL

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks.

I can't seem to get it to show me another preset on the IVS screen. I have 3. They work as presets. But only the first one shows up under the pull-down menu for Rule Config > Preset.

ETA: Got it now. Logged out and back in and now it's working.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
The 180 countdown means that the camera will not start tracking or cycling for 180 seconds when you are in setup mode. Nothing worse than draw a tripwire and then the field of view changes LOL
Mine moves all of the time while it is counting down and I am adjusting trip wires. I can't tell you how many times I had to call it back to a preset in UI3.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mine moves all of the time while it is counting down and I am adjusting trip wires. I can't tell you how many times I had to call it back to a preset in UI3.
That is probably your spotter cams doing that lol. The countdown is just movement initiated from within the camera and can't stop calls from a VMS.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there some limitation to drawing tripwires in these that I don't understand?

I start drawing the lines as usual. I can draw two segments wherever I want. After that, it doesn't let me add a line in any location. It's restricted in some way. In the screen recording below you can see my attempts to add a point/line in various spots but it doesn't let me. Then when I click inside of where I have two segments, it does add a line. Attempt to add another inside and it doesn't. (Camera started moving when recording this but ignore that. It's unrelated.)

:idk:

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve had that problem as well.
I’m trying to recall which combination worked, IE/Edge/pale moon/Chrome

But it seemed to be a browser thing
Thanks. OK, so not just me. No go in Chrome, Edge, Pale Moon 32.

IE wants me to download the plug-in which I was trying to avoid since we saw earlier that it installs a service on the machine (which I don't really want).

I'll work around it some other way. Multiple rules seems to work fine.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah Ive not allowed the plugin and although it nags about it, I've not found anything that doesnt work without it.

Thats what I resorted to, multiple rules. Which actually in many cases gives you better control

Last edited:

digiblur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there some limitation to drawing tripwires in these that I don't understand?

I start drawing the lines as usual. I can draw two segments wherever I want. After that, it doesn't let me add a line in any location. It's restricted in some way. In the screen recording below you can see my attempts to add a point/line in various spots but it doesn't let me. Then when I click inside of where I have two segments, it does add a line. Attempt to add another inside and it doesn't. (Camera started moving when recording this but ignore that. It's unrelated.)

:idk:

I had this issue and Firefox worked fine.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Something I just tested last night and hadnt thought of before (and its pretty cool), because I use the PTZ for LPR exclusively at night, I originally had it parked as normal at its "Home" Preset #1.
This meant the two spotter cams on either side of the house would tell it to zoom left or right to Preset 3 or 4 depending on the direction of travel of the vehicle as it does during the day.

Preset 1
Home_PTZ_main_20230618121942_@5.jpg

Preset 3 - Right
Home_PTZ_main_20230618121958_@5.jpg

Preset 4 Left
Home_PTZ_main_20230618122013_@5.jpg

It worked extremely well especially at Preset 4 -Left as vehicles have to at least slow down for the turn, and I get a longer capture time as they make the bend.
But on Preset 3 for some cars traveling fast at night, by the time the PTZ swung around to Preset 3-Right and got a focus, I would miss some or at least get less crisp/blurry images.
Home_PTZ_main_20230613214316_@5.jpg

So I set up a Schedule Task (Time Task) that says:
Between 8:30pm and 6am, park at Preset #3 instead of Preset 1. This way, there is no motion needed for the PTZ to get to the capture point and it already has focus!
(And yes, If it gets called away to the other LPR preset it will return to Preset 3 instead of Preset 1)
It works Great!
ScheduleTask-PTZ.jpg
Home_PTZ_main_20230617211103_@5.jpg

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm getting tons of the Events: subscription 8000ffff error in BI and no ONVIF events recognized even with ONVIF user is set up right, password double checked, and boxes checked to listen for ONVIF events in video setup and under triggers.

Where do you turn off ONVIF authentication? I can't find that. Tried Basic Services > RTSP Login Mode but that seems to have no effect.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm getting tons of the Events: subscription 8000ffff error in BI and no ONVIF events recognized even with ONVIF user is set up right, password double checked, and boxes checked to listen for ONVIF events in video setup and under triggers.

Where do you turn off ONVIF authentication? I can't find that. Tried Basic Services > RTSP Login Mode but that seems to have no effect.
Many have found that this camera will not work properly in BI unless a factory reset was done first then added to BI.

Don't ask me why, but that seems to be a common fix.

My first course of action for any new camera is to factory reset it before I do anything, so I didn't experience the problem LOL. But when folks made a factory reset, it started working in BI.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks. I didn't. I'll give it a try.

ETA: That seems to have fixed the 8000ffff error and got rid of the yellow triangle. Still no ONVIF events picked up by BI. But I have that with another cam too. : /

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. I didn't. I'll give it a try.

ETA: That seems to have fixed the 8000ffff error and got rid of the yellow triangle. Still no ONVIF events picked up by BI. But I have that with another cam too. : /
I am sure you know this, but make sure you are doing the following:

In BI, there are a few places you need to set this up in BI (assuming you already set up the IVS rules in the camera GUI):

In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers".

Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.

Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" box.

On the Alerts tab uncheck the Motions Zones tab (those are alerting you to any BI motion in those areas in Zones A thru H)

On the alerts tab set up how to be notified.