Review-SD4A425DB-HNY 1/2.8" CMOS 4MP 25x Starlight Auto-tracking MiniPTZ

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Any guy have good recommendation for voice pick up device for this mini ptz? Some guys may need audio.
External voice pick up need extral power adater. Thanks a lot.

1685673708888.png

Frogman

n3wb
Reaction score
Is anyone running this PTZ on a blue iris+PC type system rather than a dedicated NVR?
I’m contemplating switching to blue iris and hoping there is good operability for this cam.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Any guy have good recommendation for voice pick up device for this mini ptz? Some guys may need audio.
External voice pick up need extral power adater. Thanks a lot.

View attachment 164624

I think Sebastiantombs used to recommend these

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Is anyone running this PTZ on a blue iris+PC type system rather than a dedicated NVR?
I’m contemplating switching to blue iris and hoping there is good operability for this cam.
I am.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many of us are. It works just fine.

Actually I say it works better than an NVR because we can have it cancel out spotter camera commands when the PTZ is already in active tracking mode and that cannot be done with an NVR.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Is anyone else having an issue with your Substream bit rate not persisting? I keep changing it to 1024 and it will revert to 768.

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is anyone else having an issue with your Substream bit rate not persisting? I keep changing it to 1024 and it will revert to 768.
I had similar issues when I tried using a browser other than IE.
Any reason why you need 1024 on the substream?

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I had similar issues when I tried using a browser other than IE.
Any reason why you need 1024 on the substream?
Because I run all of my sub streams at 1024.

I have been setting it with IE, and it still changes.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Let me test it with mine. I do know ow that the other PTZs would change bit rate on a reboot or loss of power - can you confirm that hasn't been an issue with yours - maybe it is set to periodic reboot or you noticed this after moving it and thus being powered off?

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
No power loss.
No scheduled or irregular reboots.

It happens regularly. I set it to 1280 to see if it was just an issue with 1024 and it is now back down to 768.

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No power loss.
No scheduled or irregular reboots.

It happens regularly. I set it to 1280 to see if it was just an issue with 1024 and it is now back down to 768.
Just curious on this. What are any advantages with using 1024 over 768? Does it make human detection more accurate if done in BI via DS or Codeproject? Any other reasons someone would choose to have a higher substream bitrate?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just curious on this. What are any advantages with using 1024 over 768? Does it make human detection more accurate if done in BI via DS or Codeproject? Any other reasons someone would choose to have a higher substream bitrate?
In many cases it is simply the increased bitrate looks better to someone when looking at multi-cam view.

And in some field of views, it could make motion detection a little more accurate as it has more definition to the image compared to a lower bitrate.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK just logged in and mine was set to 1024, so I must have set it at that when I installed it and it is at 1024.

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In many cases it is simply the increased bitrate looks better to someone when looking at multi-cam view.

And in some field of views, it could make motion detection a little more accurate as it has more definition to the image compared to a lower bitrate.
Thanks, I may have to play with that with my 2231 ZS cameras substream bitrates.
I thought motion detection would be sufficient, but I was wrong. They have my PTZ camera zipping around for false alarms due to the foliage we have.
They make good overview cameras, but I'm kicking myself for not getting the ZAS versions to be able to select human detection. I bought a replacement for one of them from Andy, but haven't had a chance to put it up.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine just changed back to 768. I changed it to 1024 and hit apply several times and then refresh several times. I logged out, logged back in, and it had reverted to 768.